A 'Baba' Staying At My House

PranaamShaheedaNu

Just remembered there are some organisations in UK that maybe able to help you in this situation.

Not sure if they deal with situations like this. But if you dont mind talking to them, maybe worth trying to contact them. Once again not sure Wat Kind of help they would offer. But they have made awareness on issues like this. Try to contact Sikh youth project, or Sikh awareness society or theres another one but can't remember name. At least you not feel alone in all of this.

@ West London Singh - I agree with the overall spirit of your post regarding superstition and ritual that has eventually crept back into the Sikh faith. However, there are some genuinely lost and hurting people who are so desperate for assistance against what you term as "mumbo jumbo" that to them anyone offering them a hand is a potential saviour. In a desperate attempt to survive whatever it is that ails them, some people do unknowingly end up seeking individuals who seek to capitalise on people's suffering and grief.

I wouldn't blame those who need help - although I would say to them that Gurbani is what they need in their lives - but I would level charges at those who ruin people's lives in the first instance as well as the babeh that spring up with the so-called solutions.

Although some people do seek these babeh not because the have some kind of medical or spiritual problem, but because they want their business to be a success or they wish to obtain a job which pays a lot of money, etc - basicallly for monetary gain and accumulation of wealth.

West London Singh , the whole point of this forum is to seek advice, not ridicule those who have a worry. I dont dispute that yes Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is our Maharaaj, but when you have your family doing manmat other than going to guru Ghar you are going to ask advice from ppl your own age too!

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguru

(null)

WJKK WJKF

I dont feel that I've given the wrong advice, until u are in that situation you dont know wat to do. I have not told him to hide behind a sofa, I have only said not to provoke the man, as how do u know who he is or he can or cannot do @westlondon. I have been in that situation and when there was nobody to help me I did have the guts as female all by myself and say to a so-called baba,kharabah wat my thoughts were. And where did I end up?

My whole life was ruined, whereas the ones that stayed quiet are fine and prosperous. So to me it is not bad advice. What if the OP is not amritdhari, where is he going to get lots of amritdharis to come to his house?

Thats why I have directed him in the right direction where he can get help, more than wat i did when i was in that situation, which is bit more that wat u have done. If u feel so strongly about it you go and help him, you may save somebodys life.

I have also told him that baba can do nothing to him, and to be strong also, but guess u never read that bit. You probably dont have no experience of babeh-kharabeh.

You are right 100% westlondon in that he should not be afraid of this man, yes tackle him, and paji's faith in gurbani should make him stronger, and be able to confront this man, you are very right,, but when i was in my situation i did not know wat gurbani was or about sikhi. When i say dont provoke the man, im saying for the benefit of the paji so he does not have any repercussions, coz even to this day i have an inner fear of the wrong company that i became entrapped by and nightmares. and i keep thinking to myself if only i hadnt defended myself. But u know wat thinking back now, i dont regret wat i did, even thou i ruined my life over it.

At least now i am learning wat sikhi is all about.,

I’ve heard A few cases like yours, But I think you’re going about it the wrong way, Ive learnt that the way to change someone’s mind is through Love, If they ridicule you for the attempts to follow Sikhi, shows there are fully engrossed in Maya, Guru Nanak calls this state Borana (Mad) in a way we all if we haven’t attained Naam, but some are more engrossed than other. So Baji best thing to do if not make a stance that make it look aggressive or to overly Rude as this will Feed in to their Mind set i.e "Look at him he says he follows Sikhi but shows no respect for his Mum and Olders what Sikhi is this" im sure you'll get alot of that.

Just state your view point and that you are not entirely sure whether this is Sikhi or not just say Ive heard from Katha and from Members of the Gurdwara that cutting your Hair, doing Rituals are frowned upon in Sikhi, "Because Baji these are your parents, on one side you should respect them whatever their view point is (doesn’t mean follow it), as God can pass Judgment, second you dont want to come across as Egotistic that you know better, your goal should be to create thought process so that they have to think about what you have said, maybe acknowledge that you made a valid point.

In my view, you shouldn't have left the house. You should have stayed and continued practicing Sikhi. Take this fake baba like any other guest in the house. Many people give our parents advise that is against Gurmat, but do we run out of the house when they come over? If this fake baba has your parents doing manmat things, then ask yourself how will you get them to move away from his manmat ways and into Gurmat. Since your not home, now this fake baba can tell your parents anything and they will keep doing it. Infact hes probably telling them that your young and lost. He will tell them ways to get you to practice manmat and don't expect it to be honest ways. He will tell your mom to put things in your food and no need to tell him. You should have humbled down and stayed at the house. When this fake baba came treated him like a normal person and started talking to him. Ask him how hes doing, what he does for work, etc. Maharaj would have given you the chance to speak up against manmat with pyare and humility. Never be aggressive with these guys because then they win. Start talking about all the sakhis and this guy will slowly lose his temper and won't be able to control himself. Then you sit there with a big smile on your face and then tell the sakhi about Bhai Mardana asked Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj how Babar could kill so many people. Bhai Mardana was sleeping and one ant was buging him then he smacked it off and then more came around him and another started bugging him, but he got very mad and killed all of them. Satguru came and told him this is how Babar is killing so many people.

WJKK WJKF

I dont feel that I've given the wrong advice, until u are in that situation you dont know wat to do. I have not told him to hide behind a sofa, I have only said not to provoke the man, as how do u know who he is or he can or cannot do @westlondon.

What do you think 'he can do' ? I've been put in situations in Punjab where elderly relatives have expected me to 'show respect' so such and such holy man / baba. I've turned around to the 'baba' and told him straight. I've told him I'm a Sikh and thus do not believe in mumbo jumbo. I've then told them to do their worst. I've told them to do their janta manta on me....put a curse on me and my kids....put magic spells on me....do anything they want.

In fact.....If there's any of these black magic jadoo practicising 'sikhs' reading this then let me tell them right now....they are more than welcome to put 'curses' and 'spells' on my and my family. Voodoo dolls.....plates on our driveway that mar car tyres will crack....anything. These backward uneducated mumbo jumbo practicising losers are welcome to do what they want on me. I'm a Sikh......thus part of the congregation of the most moderm scientific faith on earth. My forefathers left that unpadh rubbish behind 2 or 3 hundred years ago. THAT....is the kind of attitude the original poster should be showing the baba in his house.

West London Singh , the whole point of this forum is to seek advice, not ridicule those who have a worry. I dont dispute that yes Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is our Maharaaj, but when you have your family doing manmat other than going to guru Ghar you are going to ask advice from ppl your own age too!

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguru

(null)

Singha, what are you scared of? Why have you left your house. Please stay home and treat this person as a guest, don't eat or drink anything from him but not for one second treat him any different you would another guest. Please read post #18 from Only Five, this is the kind of way to deal this issue in a more Gursikh way of thinking, or atleast I think so because at the end of the day - i'm no Gursikh and have absolutely no idea of what to do. However to me when I read this post, some of the points made reminded me of how Gursikhs speak.

Also, Singh jee - i'm sure you are aware and have done already but you are blessed. Guru maharaj has done such huge Meher on you on already, you could be sitting there right in the house with your hair cut following some random ritual. He has given you the opportunity to fulfill a Gursikh life and not have to go through these other channels (not saying they don't exist or are wrong in any way). Stay firm and like other problems to come this too will just past.

May Guru Bless us with his Mat - Gurmat.