Any Spray/Gel That Doesn'T Make Beard Shine?

Guest Dhari Man

Guest Dhari Man

Hi, I tie up my beard.

I have tried most gels but they are too weak. I have tried hair sprays but all these products leave my dhari shiny. Is there any product, spray or gel which is strong enough to hold your dhari without making it shine? I don't like the shine look, especially when the sun is out. I am in the UK, so I need something I can purchase here but I am willing to order from abroad if need be.

Ps: Please, don't waste yours and my time with 'why are you tying your beard anyway' comments.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I tie up my beard.

I have tried most gels but they are too weak. I have tried hair sprays but all these products leave my dhari shiny. Is there any product, spray or gel which is strong enough to hold your dhari without making it shine? I don't like the shine look, especially when the sun is out. I am in the UK, so I need something I can purchase here but I am willing to order from abroad if need be.

Ps: Please, don't waste yours and my time with 'why are you tying your beard anyway' comments.

55722011_H.jpg?identifier=38732407d38373b7309faf59f44d34ec

I have been tying my darhi for 10 years+ and have tried every other gel/product. Fixo still works best.

What you might want to try is a product called, got2glue or something (http://www.amazon.com/Got2B-Glued-Spiking-Styling-Original/dp/B000142OC2)

That was the second best.

The thing with weaker products is that they take a long time to set, so once the darhi is dry, your best bet is to use a spray. I find the fewer the products you use the better. The trick is to brush your darhi throughly and ensure its just about damp (not dry and not wet) before starting to tie it.

Most gels and sprays make your hair feel really hard. No in fact they all do. Maybe try tying your beard and using like hair putty or wax and tying a 'tha-tee' (cloth round your chin and tied the top of your head), to set it. Majority of putties and wax don't flake (show those white bits like gel after a bit, or if touched), and there better for your hair than gel, mousse or spray which make hair very hard and make it fall out.

BTW 'simco' fixo turns your beard yellowey. It's ok when your hair is black but when you grow older and you grey it does. As I've spoken to alot of elders about this. Also another tip is mix the fixo with baby oil or mustard oil (saronah da til), it makes your beard hair less hard.but you can still set it.

I think fixo is outrageously strong but does the job very well. I never used it as i think it is very strong for sensitive beard hair. I have no idea why simco company aren't making new product line.. they have same product for few decades? (not very innovative)...

When i tie my beard (once in a while), i put baby oil before bath and occasionally i use herbal conditioner and then fold the dhari and tie up thaata. (some reason i am bit paranoid about using chemical filled sprays).. Result is fluffy folded beard with no shine.