When Picking A Martial Arts School

hgsingh

All sikhs need to learn how to fight

But if your picking a martial arts school make sure your going to learn to fight and not get ripped off

If their our overweight black belts then the school is no good

Check out how many students in the martial arts school have their hands and body considered weapions so if they get into a fight they get charged with assult with a deadly weapion for using their hands and even will get charged with attempted murder if they get into a street fight

In good mma and boxing gyms a lot of the students after 3 to 5 years of training have developed lethal striking ability and their bodies are considered weapions by the law

Once your at a certain level in amature muay thai or mma or boxing you are no longer allowed to get into a street fight without getting charged with assult with a weapion

If its a boxing school mma school muay thai school or another martial arts school if students are considered weapions then its a good school

Don't look at demonstrations were everything is staged when showing their self defence techniques look at them sparring check out sparring classes and you'll see if those techniques they teach can work or not

If they can't use the techniques they use in staged demonstrations in their sparring classes then you know a lot of what they teach is garbage

What else can be added to know if school good?

Good topic.

So I need to watch out for 'overweight black belts'. Gotcha, but what if they don't have belts? Maybe they are hiding them somewhere?

'Check out how many students in the martial arts school have their hands and body considered weapions so if they get into a fight they get charged with assult with a deadly weapion for using their hands and even will get charged with attempted murder if they get into a street fight'

How do I do this? Is there some online database or something?

'Once your at a certain level in amature muay thai or mma or boxing you are no longer allowed to get into a street fight without getting charged with assult with a weapion'

Surely defeats the point of doing martial arts?

'If its a boxing school mma school muay thai school or another martial arts school if students are considered weapions then its a good school'

So I just ask: are you a weapon? What if they lie? Database check again?

Lshvar2 you will see with certain combat schools that they have students sign papers provided by law enforcment that holds the students accountable if they get into a fight and strike someone they will be charged with assult with a weapion and for guys who go pro its assult with deadly weapion and attempted murder so a lot mma boxers muay thai fighters can't fight unless it is a case of self defence and if the schools not have students sign documents to keep the school out of trouble and the school continues to train them if that student goes out their and hurts someone the schools owners and teachers can be criminally charged and can be brutally sued

Usually law enforcement picks schools were they see what the students learn as a danger to the community

Once you turn pro and you choose to fight someone at the club in canada and a lot of the states in america you will be charged with assult with a deadly weapion and attempted murder

That's why if law enforcment is targetting the combat school to have students sign documents were they can not use what they learn unless they are being attacked then you know you got a good school

You got muay thai fighters out their that can break the average guys leg like a toothpick with one strike and break the guys face with a single strike to the face you have boxers who bin training for 3 to 4 years hard who can break the avguys face with a single strike

So ask the school how does law enforcment feel about some of the students street fighting and what are some of the consquences they face if they are caught fighting and if they mention a lot of the students who have bin their for a few years would be charged with assult with weapion they will have the paper work from the local law enforcment agency be it city police or who ever that they have students sign which lays out the consquences of that students actions if they choose to use what they train in on the streets that keeps the blame away from the school

Big difference is you have to see if the paper work is provided by local law enforcement agency and not some paper work the school printed out cause with a lot of combat school were paper work is provided by the local law enforcement agency they will ask you to have a lawyer go over the paper work so they know what they are signing

One muay thai school I recently checked out goes through that process with paper work handed to them by law enforcement

Make sure you investigate the school look at some of the classes ask if they willlet you try the school out for free for two weeks and check out as many schools as you can study how they spare and check and investigate the credibility of the school

If its a school run by an ex commando they will have documents and pictures of them in the commando forces up on the wals and documents to prove this

If you check out schools run by israeli commandos they will have pictures documents and evidence to back up their claims they will give credibility

The kung fu school I went to now won't even let you check out the adult classes only the children classes so they don't get exposed for being fraud and will make claims of how dangerous what they teach is when in reality in demonstrations what they teach looks cool but when sparring and in fights they cannot be used that is why a lot of these martial artists got their butts kicked in brazil by gracie family in no holds bared tournments and in other vale tudo tournments and the ufc in the 90's and in japan in pride fighting

Chris kyle the most dangerous navy seal talks about in his book why in a fight your goal is to knock or kill the opponent by striking them and keep the fight short as possible and talks about the importance of muay thai and boxing when learning to do this

Wow ok.

You didn't answer my first question :sad2:: but what if they don't have belts? Maybe they are hiding them somewhere?

'if the schools not have students sign documents to keep the school out of trouble and the school continues to train them if that student goes out their and hurts someone the schools owners and teachers can be criminally charged and can be brutally sued'

Oh 'brutally sued' that must be fun. I need to find a teacher I can do that to!

'Once you turn pro and you choose to fight someone at the club in canada and a lot of the states in america you will be charged with assult with a deadly weapion and attempted murder'

I can't wait till I turn pro and get charged with attempted murder. :ohno:

'If its a school run by an ex commando they will have documents and pictures of them in the commando forces up on the wals and documents to prove this'

No way! What if they use the old photoshop trick?