Sakha Sirhind

I believe he did not specifically order the destruction of sirhind, I think he gave the authorisation for punishing wazir khan and others involved in the martyring of sahibzada's. Wazir Khan had called a jihad against Banda after learning of his mission but in battle with the singhs, wazir was singled out cut in half and beheaded thus banda fulfilling Guru ji's order.

I believe he did not specifically order the destruction of sirhind, I think he gave the authorisation for punishing wazir khan and others involved in the martyring of sahibzada's. Wazir Khan had called a jihad against Banda after learning of his mission but in battle with the singhs, wazir was singled out cut in half and beheaded thus banda fulfilling Guru ji's order.

ive always wondered why we give respect to banda singh..he became arrogant and formed his own religous order setting himself up as guru..he became so arrogant that he said when his followers overthrow the mughals that he would persecute the tat khalsa because they rejected his authority...

Guest KopSingh

well guru gobind singh gave the newly converted gurbax singh "banda bahadur" 5 gold tipped arrows, so ppl would know banda was actin on behalf of guru ji's instructions. his instructions was 2 SMASH THE EFF out of sirhind and bring ALL the local leaders and executioners to justice by executing them. Also many muslims, i think rajputs (in nowadays haryana area), who were once forced converts from hinduism, were given amrit by banda n converted into sikh in mass numbers (not by force, but as a wake-up call i suppose).

im not too sure as to wat happnd with banda regarding all the controversy that surrounds him. apparantly, like my boy KhalistaniGunMan has mentioned, he tried almost, dare i say it, creating his own religion thingy. which is why sooooo many sikhs left him, b4 he was captured. like i said, im not too sure wat exactly he did,

However, when it came to him being captured by mughals n tortured with him and his families famous shaheedi, u can only take ur hat off 2 him, especially as the mughals took his scalp off!

Its literally, "Sir Jaavay Ta Jaavey, Mera Sikhi Sidak Na Jaavay". mad respect to that crazy guy.

ive always wondered why we give respect to banda singh..he became arrogant and formed his own religous order setting himself up as guru..he became so arrogant that he said when his followers overthrow the mughals that he would persecute the tat khalsa because they rejected his authority...

the respect id imagine is because of the infamous torture he and his family got for refusing islam, its almost like for all his errors n stupidity (watever they were, i dont know), he was forgiven because of his wafadari (loyalty) 2 sikhi n guru gobind singh

What Banda did at sirhind even he acknowledges he transgressed against some people there so therefore he was accepting of taking his punishment as Waheguru Ji's haukum that he be tortured in such manor. Sirhind was literally smashed it would have been like a thunderous firestorm hit it, and that was banda who was given that power like an angel of death. The Muslim majority of Sirhind who were not slain then did embrace Sikhism there after and it gave the Sikhs the lift they needed to take on the Mughuls (turkic mongols) rulers head on and crush them in various battles.

Yeah there is some controversy regarding that he split the Sikhs regarding what agenda they should follow however his legacy was crucial for laying down the foundation stone of sikh sovereignty first time in history.

Yeah there is some controversy regarding that he split the Sikhs regarding what agenda they should follow however his legacy was crucial for laying down the foundation stone of sikh sovereignty first time in history.

yh it gives a good account of it in gur panth prkash...banda singh bahadur was given leadership over the khalsa by sri guru gobind singh ji maharaaj...and told to go to punish the tyrants who had killed the shaibzade....when the khalsa heard this they protested and told guruji that he had given them authority over the world...guruji then told banda singh bahadur that if he ever turned on the khalsa and rejected their authority it would cause his destruction...the final straw came when the mother of the khalsa cursed banda singh for turning on the khalsa after the formation of his raaj...when the bandai khalsa actually started fighting with the tat khalsa which resulted in killing slaughter between the two...you could even call this the first civil war within the panth...many things happened in between which i wont go ...but before his capture banda singh actually went crazy because of the curse...he locked himself in his room within the fort and wouldnt open for months...