3. ਮੁਸੀਬਤ (f)
  4. ਤੁਫਾਨ (m)
  5. ਕਿਆਮਤ (f)
  6. ਬਰਬਾਦੀ (f)
  7. ਆਫ਼ਤ (f)
  8. ਬਿਪਤਾ (f)

Synonyms

calamity, cataclysm, catastrophe, tragedy

im thinking that maha-barbadi, the "great disaster" would be more apt.

Your right many Sikhs especially those raised in westernized environments are quick to jump or support other causes like Palestinians, homosexuals, feminist extremist leftest liberal polices, etc but they forget their own community's national causes. They do not realise the disaster the Sikh nation has faced since 1947 thanks to the British establishment similarly the Palestinians suffered the same problem at the hands of the British meddling in the middle eastern affairs giving their land to the illegal and immoral master criminal Rothschild banking Zionist funded Jewish state of Israel.

We should dedicate august as Sikh national disaster awareness month just like the black community has a month dedicated to giving awareness to their community about the slavery of their people.

We should dedicate august as Sikh national disaster awareness month just like the black community has a month dedicated to giving awareness to their community about the slavery of their people.

tbh a month may be too ambitious at this stage, but we need to start somewhere. The awareness of partition should start from the beginning of JUly at the latest, so to get as much awareness as possible so that when the 2 days in question arrive, we have as many Sikh people as possible remembering them for the right reasons, and not for the indian and pakistani reasons.

Also why cant this be classified as a Ghallughara? the amount of Sikhs that died in partition was far more than that died in Chhotta and Wadda Ghallughara.

Im beginnning to think that there should be some kind of awareness of this episode on the lines of a "Holocaust."

Also why cant this be classified as a Ghallughara? the amount of Sikhs that died in partition was far more than that died in Chhotta and Wadda Ghallughara.

Im beginnning to think that there should be some kind of awareness of this episode on the lines of a "Holocaust."

Because you'd get people piping up that Sikhs were also responsible for some of the killings.

I'd stick to the religious angle in terms of having our holy places taken away from us. When you start getting into 'who killed who' and 'how many died' etc., you could end up with a situation where Sikhs come off looking quite bad.

Because you'd get people piping up that Sikhs were also responsible for some of the killings.

I'd stick to the religious angle in terms of having our holy places taken away from us. When you start getting into 'who killed who' and 'how many died' etc., you could end up with a situation where Sikhs come off looking quite bad.

I agree Sikhs armed jatha's did commit some revenge killings after much provocative killings and desecration's of holy places by punjabi & kashmiri muslim mobs and pathan tribal lashkar's.

It would be best to focus on how much Sikhs have lost since the British establishment in its lack of wisdom decided to divide the punjab and create the entities of india and pakistan. The muslims on the whole too are not happy what they got due to the military middling of the British, they lost their beloved khalifa in 1924.

So what, the SIkhs killed hundreds of moghals, afghans in the other two ghallugharas.

Weren't those soldiers vs soldiers and could be classified under the rules of war? You tell me brother as I'm not too hot on that particular part of history. Weren't those armed conflicts involving forces from both sides?

Surely what happened in 1947 was concerning civilians? Also, time has a habit of lessening the effect of certain acts. People roll their eyes when you talk about deaths of Sikhs at the hands of the Mughals. They start saying "That was ages ago - medieval times..." as if that matters. A death is a death no matter when it happened or how long ago. On a side note I wonder if the Jewish population will be as forgiving when the events of the Holocaust are 100 or 200 years old. A certain part of me says that particular tragedy will never be allowed to diminish.

Look, I'm not saying Sikhs weren't killed by bloodthirsty mobs of Muslims who wanted us out of "their" Pakistan, but I'm pretty sure Sikhs also did the same to other groups of people.

Weren't those soldiers vs soldiers and could be classified under the rules of war? You tell me brother as I'm not too hot on that particular part of history. Weren't those armed conflicts involving forces from both sides?

Surely what happened in 1947 was concerning civilians?

Look, I'm not saying Sikhs weren't killed by bloodthirsty mobs of Muslims who wanted us out of "their" Pakistan, but I'm pretty sure Sikhs also did the same to other groups of people.

i meant to press "quote" rather than like this, so dont get confused.

it was soldiers of the moghals vs sikh civilians in the 1st 2 ghallugahras. in 1947, the police, military and civilians on both sides were involved in killing the other communities. But i dont understand why if the Sikhs killed muslims, the whole event cant be classed as a ghallughara.

Killing aside, we lost so much pof our religious heritage, not to mention the best lands, businesses, factories, and shops.