Indian Culture Versus Gurmat(Khalsa) Culture And Making Leaders

shastarSingh

An Australian has blasted the Indian Culture for its incapability to produce leaders. Is his analysis correct ? How is Gurmat culture different from Indian culture as even we are unable to produce leaders in political and spiritual domains.

http://www.thatscric...an-culture.html

"The (Indian) culture is very different, it's not a team culture. They lack leaders in the team because they are not trained to be leaders. From an early age, their parents make all the decisions, their schoolteachers make their decisions, their cricket coaches make the decisions," Chappell said.
"The culture of India is such that, if you put your head above the parapet someone will shoot it. Knock your head off. So they learn to keep their head down and not take responsibility.
"The Poms (British) taught them really well to keep their head down. For if someone was deemed to be responsible, they'd get punished. So the Indians have learned to avoid responsibility. So before taking responsibility for any decisions, they prefer not to," Chappell was quoted as saying during a promotional event for his book 'Fierce Focus'.

• 10 years later...
On 3/8/2012 at 1:44 PM, shastarSingh said:

An Australian has blasted the Indian Culture for its incapability to produce leaders. Is his analysis correct ? How is Gurmat culture different from Indian culture as even we are unable to produce leaders in political and spiritual domains.

http://www.thatscric...an-culture.html

Is it a good book @shastarSingh Ji? I know you are a cricket fan.

I agree a lot with the quotes. I find Indians to be ‘know-all’s’ - the elder generations always try to impose their thinking and decision-making on the younger ones. So there are a lot of leaders, but at an older age. And these elders can be very egotistical.

i don’t know if I agree with the reason that Indians prefer to keep low profile is to do with the British - I think it’s just Indian culture to try not to ‘stand out’ and ‘cause trouble’

9 hours ago, Premi5 said:

I agree a lot with the quotes. I find Indians to be ‘know-all’s’ - the elder generations always try to impose their thinking and decision-making on the younger ones. So there are a lot of leaders, but at an older age. And these elders can be very egotistical.

I imagine it would be difficult to maintain a balance of genuine respect and affection for elders when knowing that a particular elder is fundamentally wrong about most things. 

I've always liked those scenes in the Godfather when Vito decides to retire from being the Don after he recovers from his attempted murder, passing control to Michael. He fades into the background, acting solely as an advisor to Michael who ultimately is encouraged to stand up and make decisions and lead. Even when the old timers gravitate towards Vito in Michael's presence, he gently ushers them to Michael in order to cement the idea that Vito's no longer The Top Man. Fiction or not, that's wisdom and a sense of being secure enough in your own skin to know when to gracefully cede control of the family's day-to-day running. 

8 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

It is a culture where there is lack of accountability. 

No one is going to apologise because by doing so is showing weakness. You never hear anyone say , " Meri galti, mah maafi karnia "

Blame shifting is common.

Dear veer

Do u watch cricket?

Indian cricketers always go for personal records and achievements and are selfish.

Bhainchod tendulkar even after earning so much money likes to lick the <banned word filter activated> of ambani and did not stand with farmers at all.

7 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Dear veer

Do u watch cricket?

Indian cricketers always go for personal records and achievements and are selfish.

Bhainchod tendulkar even after earning so much money likes to lick the <banned word filter activated> of ambani and did not stand with farmers at all.

Not a particularly big cricket fan.

India is a country where humans are worshipped, Tendulkar is not a God,  he is just a human being.