Can You Tell Me Why Sikhs Are Not Hindus?

So you may have read, or heard people saying sikhs are hindus could you provide quotes from Gurbani and Kathas from the past of where the Guroos denounced the hindu religion.?

I.E Guru Nanak Dev Jee refusing the sacred thread, touching the untouchables, allowing everyone to read and listen to gurbani.

Your assitance would be gratefull

heres somethings i got

Hindus believe in caste sikhs dont

Hindus believe in fire worship sikhs dont

hindus threw water to the sun Guru Nanak denounced this(even laughed at the hindus)

hindus believe in stone worship sikhs dont.

hindus believe in devtis as gods sikhs dont

hindus believe in the (sati) killing of the wife when the husband dies sikhs dont

Hindus believe is slaves according to the manu scriptures sikhs down

GURU NANAK DEV JEE REFUSED TO WEAR THE JENU (RED THREAD)

Hindus cut their head bold in order to recieve good thing Sikhs see hair as a blessing

Hindus believe in worshipping 24/7 and staying away from society, GURU NANAK DEV JEE told sikhs to do Gresti Jeevan to live within society

Hindu saits believe in not getting married Again Guroo Nanak Dev Jee said this is stupid. Also Guru Nana khimself was married.

Hindus believe in (BARAT) keeping fast Guru Nanak said in JapJee sahib this is stupid.

Hindus go around fire when they get married sikhs dont believe in this.

Guru Nanak Jee also talked about how hindus try and be pure not touching or talking to the untouchables. Guru Jee said how stupid this custom is.

Gurbani Talks about equality Gurbani is for everyone but the hindu scriptures r for the higher caste and Guru Nanak said this is wrong.

in Chaupai Sahib

Paa(n)-i gahay jab tay tumray tab tay kou aa(n)kh taray nahee aanyo.

Raam raheem puraan kuraan anayk kahai mat ayk na maanyo.

O God ! the day when I caught hold of your feet, I do not bring anyone else under my sight; none other is liked by me now; the Puranas and the Quran try to know Thee by the names of Ram and Rahim and talk about you through several stories, but I do not accept any one religion.

So you may have read, or heard people saying sikhs are hindus could you provide quotes from Gurbani and Kathas from the past of where the Guroos denounced the hindu religion.?

I.E Guru Nanak Dev Jee refusing the sacred thread, touching the untouchables, allowing everyone to read and listen to gurbani.

Your assitance would be gratefull

http://sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?SourceID=G&PageNo=471

I was once told by a Hindu that Sikhs are Hindu's. Rather than try to prove why Sikhs are NOT Hindu's i asked him to prove why Sikh ARE Hindu's. He started off with all the lame stuff.

So i stopped him and said, "mate your giving me alot of your opinions here"...i said "if i want to know who Malcolm x was and what his beliefs were i will listen to his speeches...i will go direct to the person himself and not rely on the opions of tertiary sources"

i then said "If you want to know who Guru Nanak Dev Jee was or what his beliefs were, you have to read Gurbani. So i don't want you to give me your opinions...can you quote any Gurbani to backup what your saying because i can quote numerous to say Sikhs are not"

The guys goes, "i don't know any"

He looked like a proper fool...lol

So next time someone says that Guru Nanak is a muslim or Guru Nanak is a Hindu...just say can you prove it by quoting Gurbani!!!

if asked that as the word Raam appears in Gurbani so much, that is surely proves that Sikh Guru Sahibs worship Hindu Gods like Sri Raam Chandar. Here is the answer to this from Gurbani

kabeer raam kehan mehi bhaedh hai thaa mehi eaek bichaar |

Kabeer, it does make a difference, how you chant the Lord's Name, 'Raam'. This is something to consider.

soee raam sabhai kehehi soee kouthakehaar |190|

Everyone uses the same word for the son of Dasrath (Sri Raam Chandar) and the Wondrous Lord. ||190||

kabeer raamai raam kahu kehibae maahi bibaek |

Kabeer, use the word 'Raam', only to speak of the All-pervading Lord. You must make that distinction.

eaek anaekehi mil gaeiaa eaek samaanaa eaek |191|

One 'Raam' is pervading everywhere (God), while the other is contained only in himself (Sri Raam Chandar). ||191||

Ang (1,374)

"I observe neither Hindu fasting nor the ritual of the Muslim Ramadan month; Him I serve who at the last shall save. The Lord of universe of the Hindus, Gosain and Allah to me are one; From Hindus and Muslims have I broken free. I perform neither Kaaba pilgrimage nor at bathing spots worship; One sole Lord I serve, and no other. I perform neither the Hindu worship nor the Muslim prayer; To the Sole Formless Lord in my heart I bow. We neither are Hindus nor Muslims; Our body and life belong to the One Supreme Being who alone is both Ram and Allah for us." (Guru Arjan Dev, Guru Granth Sahib, Raga Bhairon pg. 1136)

There are a million other reason to prove that sikhs are not hindus but there is no point in posting them here I agree with Mehtab Singh theres no point explaining this to people whove already made up there mind its like arguing with people who think the earth is flat

"I observe neither Hindu fasting nor the ritual of the Muslim Ramadan month; Him I serve who at the last shall save. The Lord of universe of the Hindus, Gosain and Allah to me are one; From Hindus and Muslims have I broken free. I perform neither Kaaba pilgrimage nor at bathing spots worship; One sole Lord I serve, and no other. I perform neither the Hindu worship nor the Muslim prayer; To the Sole Formless Lord in my heart I bow. We neither are Hindus nor Muslims; Our body and life belong to the One Supreme Being who alone is both Ram and Allah for us." (Guru Arjan Dev, Guru Granth Sahib, Raga Bhairon pg. 1136)

There are a million other reason to prove that sikhs are not hindus but there is no point in posting them here I agree with Mehtab Singh theres no point explaining this to people whove already made up there mind its like arguing with people who think the earth is flat

Woah, woah. What are you saying? It's not flat? :wow:

:lol2: