Petition - Government Of India: Stop The Execution Of S Balwant Singh Rajoana

Aman0001

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

Bhai-Balwant-Singh-Rajoana-With-Family.jpg

Bhai Rajaona with family :(

Forgive me for asking this , but why is his son Mona ?? :blink2:

Assuming he fought and now is ready to give his life for sikhi , then why would he not have his son gursikh ??? :stupidme:

Forgive me for asking this , but why is his son Mona ?? :blink2:

Assuming he fought and now is ready to give his life for sikhi , then why would he not have his son gursikh ??? :stupidme:

I never knew you could impose Gursikhi on young children? As much as we like to think the opposite, we are only ever accountable for ourselves. We can guide and advise youngsters in our families as to their choices, but the decision to act upon any guidance given is their decision.

I anticipated this criticism of Bhai Ji was going to occur as soon as the above picture was posted. This thinly-veiled criticism of Balwant Singh as if his potential sacrifice will somehow be diminished because someone from his family isn't Gursikh is rather unfortunate in my opinion.

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

I never knew you could impose Gursikhi on young children? As much as we like to think the opposite, we are only ever accountable for ourselves. We can guide and advise youngsters in our families as to their choices, but the decision to act upon any guidance given is their decision.

I anticipated this criticism of Bhai Ji was going to occur as soon as the above picture was posted. This thinly-veiled criticism of Balwant Singh as if his potential sacrifice will somehow be diminished because someone from his family isn't Gursikh is rather unfortunate in my opinion.

If a person is so zealous for his faith that he would be ready to kill the then CM , whom they believe a mass murderer of sikhs and now is happily ready to sacrifice his life for sikhism , then its very natural to question as to why his son wouldn't keep kes ( the basic tenet of sikhism ) ... Curiosity isn't banned in sikhi .

Secondly , I am kesdhari . My father was an alcoholic all this time . He took and left amrit 2 times . They never asked me whether I wanted to keep kes or not . But i have my juda before i started going kindergarten . so , if this is what u call imposing of religion , I guess almost every sikh parent is imposing it on their sons :biggrin2:

If a person is so zealous for his faith that he would be ready to kill the then CM , whom they believe a mass murderer of sikhs and now is happily ready to sacrifice his life for sikhism , then its very natural to question as to why his son wouldn't keep kes ( the basic tenet of sikhism ) ... Curiosity isn't banned in sikhi .

You are right, curiosity isnt banned in sikhi. however that is not Balwant Singhs son or family., but his sisters.

They never asked me whether I wanted to keep kes or not . But i have my juda before i started going kindergarten . so , if this is what u call imposing of religion , I guess almost every sikh parent is imposing it on their sons :biggrin2:

whats wrong with every sikh parent wanting the best for their children? Wont you want the best for yours?

They never asked me whether I wanted to keep kes or not . But i have my juda before i started going kindergarten . so , if this is what u call imposing of religion , I guess almost every sikh parent is imposing it on their sons :biggrin2:

The true test is whether the child grows to realise it is not an imposition after all.