Why Are There No Women Granthies In Darbar Sahib?

Depth

Brother there is a huge difference between a wound and a woman menstruating. No matter how many biology classes one takes etc etc only a woman would be able to understand this. Waheguru Akal Purakh created this natural system. Brother you make it sound like it is a curse to be menstruating because we cannot do path from Maharaj Ji during this time. Guru Sahib is our father yes we are to keep as much suchta as we can around maharaj, I dont believe it is right to exclude women just because its their time of the month.

Brother there is a huge difference between a wound and a woman menstruating. No matter how many biology classes one takes etc etc only a woman would be able to understand this. Waheguru Akal Purakh created this natural system. Brother you make it sound like it is a curse to be menstruating because we cannot do path from Maharaj Ji during this time. Guru Sahib is our father yes we are to keep as much suchta as we can around maharaj, I dont believe it is right to exclude women just because its their time of the month.

Spot on but it is very difficult for teach commonsense to some people.

Please don't be offended by ignorance of some who think they know all.

Can a women do paath out of a Gutka when on her period? Have you ever heard of a jatha not letting a women read Gurbani from a Gutka when she is on her period? Can a Singh that has an open wound be a paati in an Akhand Paath? If there is a chance the wound will open up, then the Singh can never be a paati, until his wound heals because the wound can leak through his clothes and leave big stain on Maharajs Palki. Now that is a huge disrespect toward Maharaj.

What happened man, you seem to have a very short memory.

With one hand you wrote,"Seriously we all need to start listening to the Gurmukhs on questions that we have. This will be my last post on this thread. I'm go see what else jimmy has to say on Sikhi....lol "

and then came back again to show your ignorance on this very intellectual subject.

^exactly. It's not about disrespect to women, it's just to make sure no mistake happens while near Maharaj. No one wants blood everywhere, no matter how small the chance

When is the last time you saw 'blood everywhere' due to a menstrual cycle?

I know of a Gurdwara sahib where there is a core team of Bibia who carry out Langar/Rumale Seva. Anyone can help then but there are some tasks that they oversee themselves, like ironing Rumale for Guru Sahib. There is this set of Bibia in place so that they can ensure the Seva will be and always done to a high standard out of respect for Guru Sahib.

If it is that time of the month, another Bibi of the team will do the Sewa of the Rumale for example. This is only for a few days of a month, to say Bibia should not do Seva throughout the rest if the month seems to hold no weight. One Granthi Singh does not do Seva every day of the month (from what I can tell).

So, what is stopping Bibia from doing Seva the other days of the month even if they refrain at certain times?

This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Raag Aasaa on Pannaa 472

mÚ 1 ]

ijau jorU isrnwvxI AwvY vwro vwr ]

jUTy jUTw muiK vsY inq inq hoie KuAwru ]

sUcy eyih n AwKIAih bhin ij ipMfw Doie ]

sUcy syeI nwnkw ijn min visAw soie ]2]

First Mehla

As a woman has her periods, month after month,

so does falsehood dwell in the mouth of the false; they suffer forever, again and again

They are not called pure, who sit down after merely washing their bodies.

Only they are pure, O Nanak, within whose minds the Lord abides. ||2||

No need to write a paragraph on this non-issue.

When is the last time you saw 'blood everywhere' due to a menstrual cycle?

I know of a Gurdwara sahib where there is a core team of Bibia who carry out Langar/Rumale Seva. Anyone can help then but there are some tasks that they oversee themselves, like ironing Rumale for Guru Sahib. There is this set of Bibia in place so that they can ensure the Seva will be and always done to a high standard out of respect for Guru Sahib.

If it is that time of the month, another Bibi of the team will do the Sewa of the Rumale for example. This is only for a few days of a month, to say Bibia should not do Seva throughout the rest if the month seems to hold no weight. One Granthi Singh does not do Seva every day of the month (from what I can tell).

So, what is stopping Bibia from doing Seva the other days of the month even if they refrain at certain times?

You just agreed with what I wrote...

And I never said Bibiaa could never do paat. Just during their period

Brother you make it sound like it is a curse to be menstruating because we cannot do path from Maharaj Ji during this time. Guru Sahib is our father yes we are to keep as much suchta as we can around maharaj, I dont believe it is right to exclude women just because its their time of the month.

The "curse" of menstruating. Let me try explain a few things, you dont have to agree. The body has 10 orificies, 9 physical on the body and 1 in what we call our dasam dwar - the 10th gate.

Whatever comes from the other 9 are seen as breaking the sucham of the body, so you will see sewadars using hazooria if they need to touch their noses, eyes ears etc. If someone has a runny nose etc, it is better if they dont put themsleves in a position where they might affect suchamta.

Sorry to be crude, but if someone has loose motions and did a fart and followed through they would be sitting there dirty, how many of you would put yoursleves in this position?

The same is with menstruating, women do not know when the orifice is releasing blood, and as such it has been the tradition that when women are affected by this "curse" they dont get into places where suchamta is affected.

This is not just in Gurmat, it is a sankriti that has started from Satyug.

Hey know all chatanga, can you elaborate your "This is not just in Gurmat, it is a sankriti that has started from Satyug."

what on earth do you mean by that? Sankriti and Satyug eh, showing your true brahaminical colours.

know all, Thats made me laugh, nice one.

There's nothing Brahmanical about it bro. Why do you think it is?