Shere Panjab - Bbc Tv 'network East' - 1988

Britjabi

The S.P from what I understand disbanded years ago (mid 90's) ,basically the guys started it off as a good thing and as they got older they got into legit bussinesses and bowed out but still had alot of sway among younger generations who carried it forward but they couldnt really live up to the standards of their predecessors also some started to misuse and abuse the name for own personal gains....ie sorting out personal feuds by using the name.Ive even heard of a well known old boy (whos name gets mentioned here in not too endearing terms) trying to control a Gurdawara........ As for members when you say 1200 those were the days when Dal Singh used to go around the country and alot of the youth used to sign up to monthly newsletters .So yes there may have been 1200 but the ones that were doing hits and excacting justice? ...probably around 100 ish now thats just speaking for Southall,Slough,East London...There was a good network in place but it could have been much better .Personal differences also got in the way....Have to agree with KopSingh (even if u support Scumpool)LOL... Old nungs and Smokes put their differences aside and formed into what was the S.P at that time (mid 90's) Slough lot didnt want anything to do them but at that time had some locals doing the hits and the origonal S.P from what I understand were old Donkeys and other lads from Handsworth ....Right I hope that clears that up...

Guest KopSingh

The S.P from what I understand disbanded years ago (mid 90's) ,basically the guys started it off as a good thing and as they got older they got into legit bussinesses and bowed out but still had alot of sway among younger generations who carried it forward but they couldnt really live up to the standards of their predecessors also some started to misuse and abuse the name for own personal gains....ie sorting out personal feuds by using the name.Ive even heard of a well known old boy (whos name gets mentioned here in not too endearing terms) trying to control a Gurdawara........ As for members when you say 1200 those were the days when Dal Singh used to go around the country and alot of the youth used to sign up to monthly newsletters .So yes there may have been 1200 but the ones that were doing hits and excacting justice? ...probably around 100 ish now thats just speaking for Southall,Slough,East London...There was a good network in place but it could have been much better .Personal differences also got in the way....Have to agree with KopSingh (even if u support Scumpool)LOL... Old nungs and Smokes put their differences aside and formed into what was the S.P at that time (mid 90's) Slough lot didnt want anything to do them but at that time had some locals doing the hits and the origonal S.P from what I understand were old Donkeys and other lads from Handsworth ....Right I hope that clears that up...

cheers, yea ive heard now that SP (handsworth, Birmingham) r now stil carryin on representin, but not many left tho, (coz ppl grow old, get married/get jobs), n need young'uns 2 carry on the good work, but obviously maybe the old SP never quite thought bowt the nxt step of giving the reigns 2 the nxt generation, who wud represent.

since u seem older than i, cud u tell me in ur opinion, is the situation from the 80s'/90's worse than wat it is since 2000's/2012? coz i was only born in 1986, n plus i live in luton, we havnt had massive problems here as compared 2 other areas, cheers. listening 2 sikh unit (east london) stories n songs, they've probably had it the worst

I have personally known Bush and Bomb Singh amongst other apne that were involved with the S.P movement in the mid to late 80's and in my opinion they are to be commended for their actions .What you have to understand is the socio-climate at the time ,there was alot of Pakis checking apnia or trying it on with them. A true story ....I used to go to Smethwick Hall boys school next door was athe girls school . At dinner times a whole load of Paki taxi drivers would turn up to perv on them ,it used to happen every day also I used to live on an adjacent road to the school and my cousins used to live further up on the road .One day my aunt came round our house and told us that the previous day there was a knock on her door and when she answered the door there were some girls from the girls school and basically they were asking for refuge because they were being harrassed and followed by some pakis in a car.My aunt let em in and after a little while they left . Anyway word got out about what was going on at the school and one diner time while the Pakis were parked up 2 van load of S.P lads Bush and Bomb included turned up and give the <banned word filter activated> a beating they never forgot ..... The pakis never came back to our school after that

Now that is just one of multiple true stories of what happened in those days now fast forward to the mid 90's in Slough and excactly the same thing was happening (how do I know? ... I moved to Slough in 1989) But it wasnt Bomb or Bush but a new generation mainly Southall lads that Im still personally close to this very day.....also most of them were monay but since then some have kept their kesh and some have even taken Amrit ... So all in all what im trying to say is it really doesnt matter if they were monay or not they still did a service to the community wether we like it or not ...I mean sometimes it takes an age to find your true vocation life

Bush from Shere Panjab is still around to this day !......check out this Youtube clip from Birmingham's 'Sangat TV' - who were filming on Soho Road, Handsworth last year during the August Riots that hit the UK nationwide.............at around 4mins and 40 secs of the below clip - you can see Bush from Shere Panjab out on Soho Road trying to protect the community at the ripe old age of 49 ! - he also gives a brief interview to the camera man ......ARE THERE ANY BRAVEHEARTS AMONGST US IN THE MODERN DAY LIKE BUSH ETC WHO HAD THE GUTS TO COME ON BBC TV AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ???

Guest KopSingh

Bush from Shere Panjab is still around to this day !......check out this Youtube clip from Birmingham's 'Sangat TV' - who were filming on Soho Road, Handsworth last year during the August Riots that hit the UK nationwide.............at around 4mins and 40 secs of the below clip - you can see Bush from Shere Panjab out on Soho Road trying to protect the community at the ripe old age of 49 ! - he also gives a brief interview to the camera man ......ARE THERE ANY BRAVEHEARTS AMONGST US IN THE MODERN DAY LIKE BUSH ETC WHO HAD THE GUTS TO COME ON BBC TV AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ???

BRAP! bush is a bad boy, i just commented on the youtube page too, thank u so much @Britjabi.

Also the jawaab 2 ur question is, i WOULD LOVE to hav bin part of Sher-e-Panjab, if only they cud stil b around, i wud sign up, ive been smashi goreh up since infant/junior school as the only singh there, so i bin used 2 fightin, and sum pakis at college 2. this is y my posts get banned, coz i got 2 much passion at times, i hope everyone else can get jigraa inside of them n fight r enemies. it seems only me n 'Khalistani Gunman' r the only 1s who talk the way we do.

thanks once again

Pure quality ..Bush at his finest and hasnt changed a bit from when I last saw him which must have been about 13yrs ago .What can you say to that???

Singh31- did you hear about the case in the 1980s mentioned by PAL07 - about the video of a Sikh man being abused by a local Birmingham Pakistani-Muslim trouble-maker and then distributed to various Sikh homes ?.......did you ever see the article in the Sun about it ? - I am trying to track down the article...

Singh31- did you hear about the case in the 1980s mentioned by PAL07 - about the video of a Sikh man being abused by a local Birmingham Pakistani-Muslim trouble-maker and then distributed to various Sikh homes ?.......did you ever see the article in the Sun about it ? - I am trying to track down the article...

Im from Brum and related to people who were promient sp/donky members. ive never heard of this case however your best bet is to go to brum central libray and get Evening Mail Archives.

Was anybody killed during the fights during the SP days?

I hadnt heard of any but there was an incident that happened in Slough where some Pakis old man had got shot and killed by mistake when he was visited by some masked gunmen .cant be sure if it was related but things really died down in Slough after that and when their shops were smashed up in Chalvey.