Degh/ Sukha

young khalsa

I never said Sikhs needed drugs to go to the battlefield, Rattan Singh Bhangu wrote it in Panth Prakash Granth! but I suppose to you his veiws are 'pathetic' aswell?! I suppose the views of 'jinda shaheed' Baba Nihal Singh are also pathetic in your eyes?! Countless other evidential proofs from puratan granths written by well respected and accepted Gursikhs must also be 'pathetic'! But your views MUST be right because they are yours or your jathas? Intellect levels within the kaum really are a disgrace

The disgraced drug users were excommunicated from Sikhism for using this drug you are so fond of.

Nihang Sikhs of Punjab, who are defenders of historic Sikh shrines are an exception and consume an intoxicant called bhang (cannabis) to help in meditation[14] ,[15][16] saying that it is puratan maryada (Punjabi for "old tradition"). Bhang is common in India; according to a legend, even the Hindu God Shiva was fond of bhang (cannabis) and it became his favourite food.[17] In 2001, Baba Santa Singh, the Jathedar of Budha Dal, along with 20 chiefs of Nihang sects refused to accept the ban on the consumption of bhang by the highest Sikh clergy.[18] Baba Santa Singh was excommunicated and replaced with Baba Balbir Singh, who agreed to shun the consumption of bhang.[19]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibitions_in_Sikhism

The disgraced drug users were excommunicated from Sikhism for using this drug you are so fond of.

Nihang Sikhs of Punjab, who are defenders of historic Sikh shrines are an exception and consume an intoxicant called bhang (cannabis) to help in meditation[14] ,[15][16] saying that it is puratan maryada (Punjabi for "old tradition"). Bhang is common in India; according to a legend, even the Hindu God Shiva was fond of bhang (cannabis) and it became his favourite food.[17] In 2001, Baba Santa Singh, the Jathedar of Budha Dal, along with 20 chiefs of Nihang sects refused to accept the ban on the consumption of bhang by the highest Sikh clergy.[18] Baba Santa Singh was excommunicated and replaced with Baba Balbir Singh, who agreed to shun the consumption of bhang.[19]

http://en.wikipedia....ions_in_Sikhism

I am not fond of any drug, the only thing I am fond of is the truth, which is best obtained from realiable sources such as Puratan Granths written by people like Rattan Singh Bhangu ( Grandson of mehtab Singh) and not by reading 'wikipedia'! As for Balbir Singh he tried everything and still is trying everything to pass himself off as the real Leader of Budda Dal! And that piece of rubbish you just pulled of wiki after about 30 seconds of research on google clearly says only Balbir agreed to shun Shaheedi Degh, Baba Santa Singh and '20' other Jathedars refused to do so, but I guess ALL '20' were wrong and one power hungry sellout must be right. Nihang Singhs never say that Shaheedi Degh is for all sikhs, most Nihangs do not even consume it but still accept that during puratan times it was and still is part of 'Akali Nihang Singh Maryada' (not civillian maryada) and is available to those who which to use it as it was used by Singhs from puratan times as clearly recorded in puratan texts by Gursikhs of a much higher calibre then any of us. Do yourself a favour and take your wiki research to the easily fooled and guliable

I am not fond of any drug, the only thing I am fond of is the truth, which is best obtained from realiable sources such as Puratan Granths written by people like Rattan Singh Bhangu ( Grandson of mehtab Singh) and not by reading 'wikipedia'! As for Balbir Singh he tried everything and still is trying everything to pass himself off as the real Leader of Budda Dal! And that piece of rubbish you just pulled of wiki after about 30 seconds of research on google clearly says only Balbir agreed to shun Shaheedi Degh, Baba Santa Singh and '20' other Jathedars refused to do so, but I guess ALL '20' were wrong and one power hungry sellout must be right. Nihang Singhs never say that Shaheedi Degh is for all sikhs, most Nihangs do not even consume it but still accept that during puratan times it was and still is part of 'Akali Nihang Singh Maryada' (not civillian maryada) and is available to those who which to use it as it was used by Singhs from puratan times as clearly recorded in puratan texts by Gursikhs of a much higher calibre then any of us. Do yourself a favour and take your wiki research to the easily fooled and guliable

So it is quite alright for these nihangs to use drugs and also blatantly sell them on road sides even after given clear orders from the highest Sikh clergy. And it is Baba Balbir Singh and not "Balbir".

You must be really high on your favourite drug to call facts "rubbish". Truth is a bitter pill to swallow.

And when the effects of drug abuse start to wear of, read the below and try to understand the true meaning of TRUTH.

A number of modern Nihang Singhs observe some rituals and practices, which are contrary to Gurmat, for example consuming marijuana (‘bhang’), these customs and traditions crept in to Nihangs during the period when the Mahants (Hindu caretakers) managed and maintained our Gurdwaras in the 18th – early 20th century. During this period the Sikh religion was distorted and many non-Sikh practices infiltrated into the Sikh Panth. Those who follow these anti-gurmat practices claim that they are ‘old traditions’ (Puraatan Maryada) from the Guru’s time, however Gurbaani gives us enlightenment on whether these practices and observances are Gurmat (according to the guru’s teachings) or Manmat (self-willed). Reading and understanding Gurbaani it becomes apparent that some distortions have entered the traditions of the Nihangs and the wider Sikh community.

‘Bhang’ or ‘Sukhnidhaan’, which is produced from marijuana (cannabis), used by large number of Nihangs nowadays, is sometimes justified by quoting tales and stories, claiming the use of Bhang to be one of the ‘old traditions'. However, our Guru is eternal and with us forever. Why do we need to refer to stories and justifying traditions by claiming they are ‘old tradition’s passed down when we have Guru Granth Sahib Ji with us to tell us what is in accordance to Gurmat.

Gurbaani clearly condemns the consumption of marijuana. Furthermore, medical studies carried out have proven that consumption of marijuana and cannabis on a regular basis leads to schizophrenia, and mental problems such as memory loss. The sad fact is that nowadays if you go to India you can see some Sikhs claiming to be Nihangs, who drink ‘Bhang’ and have become mentally unstable.

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Nihang

So it is quite alright for these nihangs to use drugs and also blatantly sell them on road sides even after given clear orders from the highest Sikh clergy. And it is Baba Balbir Singh and not "Balbir".

You must be really high on your favourite drug to call facts "rubbish". Truth is a bitter pill to swallow.

so the truth is obtained from 'wikipedia'?i and not puratan granths written by highly respected Gursikhs?!!

The Jathedars of Baba Bhidi Chand Dal have all been 'direct' descendants Of Baba Bhidi Chand himself, the bloodline of Baba Ji has been blessed with leading that Dal to this very day, they still uphold the Akali Nihang Singh Maryada of Shaheedi Degh but I guess they must be wrong aswell as you obviously think Rattan Singh Bhangu, the grandson of Mehtab Singh who with Sukha Singh beheaded Massar Rangar must be. 'Jinda Shaheed Baba Nihaal Singh must also be wrong! Wikipedia is right but all the above plus countless others and other written sources are wrong! I refuse to waste my time argueing with some obviously intellectualy of a basic level, so will not post again. Anyone who seeks the truth should read puratan sources for themselves and learn for themselves. Akaaal

so the truth is obtained from 'wikipedia'?i and not puratan granths written by highly respected Gursikhs?!!

The Jathedars of Baba Bhidi Chand Dal have all been 'direct' descendants Of Baba Bhidi Chand himself, the bloodline of Baba Ji has been blessed with leading that Dal to this very day, they still uphold the Akali Nihang Singh Maryada of Shaheedi Degh but I guess they must be wrong aswell as you obviously think Rattan Singh Bhangu, the grandson of Mehtab Singh who with Sukha Singh beheaded Massar Rangar must be. 'Jinda Shaheed Baba Nihaal Singh must also be wrong! Wikipedia is right but all the above plus countless others and other written sources are wrong! I refuse to waste my time argueing with some obviously intellectualy of a basic level, so will not post again. Anyone who seeks the truth should read puratan sources for themselves and learn for themselves. Akaaal

Thanks kindly for your puratan falsehoods, go back to dream world.

No wonder you are so "highly" intellectual.

maybe some sikhs used it to fight in battles like it gave them energy bu not singhs that had naam . few singhs used it to fight , few didnt , few didnt need it , few used it for medicine but now there is no point in using it ur not in battle so y r u using it now ? use it when u need it in battle also hindus really like the consumption of bhaag to with milk cud relate to jsinghz post how hindus converted to sikhs aand kept some their traditions and as for jhatka same tthing u are not starving to death and their is no need to kill animalsto perserve tradtions . GURU JI told us to use jhatka in case NIHANGS were in the jungles starving to death not like what theyre doingnow . also i read something i forgot which granth but it was written by Kavi Santokh Singh Ji that any drug and he named almost all of them including bhaang used for joyment or no reason is banned in sikhi . i agree in using bhaang in battle or for medicine same thing with jhatka if ur starving use it but not like this using the 2 for no reason .

So now Sikh are being treated badly in panjab you want Nihang Singhs to do something?

Do you see anywhere i said Sikhs are being treated badly now? Also do you see anywhere in my post where i said I WANT Nihang Singhs to do something about it? Do you see me putting words in your mouth? No! So please don't put words in my mouth. Sikhs have been slaves in Punjab for decades and is not a current problem. Next before we go into what Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj said to the saintsoldier about defending, we should look at the Gita.

Krishna tells Arjuna to fill his duty when Arjuna is met with a dilemna where he can't make up his mind on what to do. Either Arjuna fights and kills some of his family in the war or he doesn't fight and does not fullfill his duty. Arjuna comes from the warrior varna so his duty is to fight, but hes unable to because of his worldly attachments. Krishna tells him that everyone has to fullfill their Dharma (duty) without looking at the reward or "punishment". You say Nihang Singhs are the warriors and they follow the rehat (Krishna used Dharma, we say Rehat) of the warriors. The advice Krishna gave to Arjuna is very valuable here and has merit. But the Nihang Singhs can't even follow Krishna's advice, which is lower than Gurmat. The advice Krishna gave to Arjuna is correct because he was part of the warrior varna. Nihang Singhs, not all, but majority failed to even follow the lower advice of Krishna in the past decades. What makes you think they are able to hold Gurmat on the warrior Rehat? Again not all Nihang Singhs as a selected few of recent decades have fullfilled the Gurmat warrior Rehat by actually defending the weak. But majority have failed.

Maybe the 'Panth' should have thought about that before they allowed the british and the britsh created SGPC to remove them as custodians of Akal Takht and as leaders of the Panth in 1921, you reap what you sow.

There is a huge fallacy in your thinking because instead of thinking objectively you have taken a side and are trying to defend those that can't be defended. Satguru Sri Guru Gobind SIngh Sahib ji Maharaj father, our Ninth Master gave his life for people that oppressed others. If our Ninth Master used the same logic you are using above then he wouldn't have given his head for the Hindu dharma. Gurmat tells the warrior to defend those that are in need, don't look at reward, don't look at what their previous generations did to you, hold no attachments other than follow Truth and loving Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj. Chandu Shah planned the torture of our fifth Master, so why didn't our Ninth Master say to the hindus, you reap what you sow, when the Muslims were trying to kill all of them?

The british had a shoot on sight policy for any Nihang Singh that was seen in panjab, and asked those people to come forward to take over the takhts that were willing to go againt the Nihangs, out of this was born the true sell out sakari dog the SGPC! With a bounty on thier heads and thier own people turning thier back on them the Nihangs either went back into the jungles, were put in jail or were in exile and went to Hazoor Sahib. Look at what has happened to sikhi in punjab under the rule of SGPC. Naujavan are not into sikhi, majority cut thier kes, take drugs/alcohol etc.

Do you see be praising the SGPC? Infact in other post i have specifically said this institution needs to be eliminated and we need to replace it by a Gurmat concept. You keep wanting to push Nihang Singhs as they were from Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj time, but that is not the case. Majority have dropped the ball on what it means to be a warrior. They just want to keep doing jhatka, taking Shaheedi Degh and act like it's some kind of play. Nihang Singhs have such a bad reputation because of their behaviour with other SIkhs. I have heard stories specifically from Sikhs that Nihang Singhs come into villages and take with force what they want from the local people that are living there. If the local try's to object, then the Nihang Singhs threaten them with violence. It's so sad that they don't even look at who they are taking from by force (if it was from the rich, then it's less effect, but still wrong as Satguru told us to make an honest living). Sometimes its a family that can barely feed themselves and the Nihang is laughing at the family while taking what they have left to eat off. And this did not take place just once, but has occurred many many times by many Nihang Singhs.

Compare that to Hazoor Sahib were Nihangs are incharge. No one from a sikh family, whether amritdhari or not cuts thier kes. No one dares smoke tobacco within a 5 mile radius of Sachkand Hazoor sahib incase they are seen by a Nihang as they know a beating will be the least they get! A few years back muslims from a local nagar roughed up a sikh naujavan, he didnt go home and tell his parents or go and tell the police, instead he went straight to the Nihang Singhs at Hazoor Sahib. They heard what happened and about 10 of them instanly made thier way to the muslim dominated nagar and gave a beating to any muslim male they got thier hands on as a warning against troubling sikhs again in the future, compare that to SGPC panjab!

All we need to recognize is that there is a problem now with Nihang Singhs who just want to be called this because they practice jhatka and take shaheedi degh, but are not warriors at heart. I completely recognize those Nihang SInghs who do follow the warrior rehat and then put it into practice to defend the weak. Do you ever see a Singh saying bad about Sant Baba Nihal Singh ji? Yea the fool will, but no SIngh that respects and loves Gurmat will utter a slander toward him because he is a true Nihang Singh.

You think real Nihangs have it easy in panjab? the real Jathedar of Budda Dal, Baba Surjit Singh Ji is in jail thanks to the SGPC and thier attempts to pass of one of thier own puppets as the real jathedar of Budda Dal! Someone mentioned Bhai Balwant Singh Rajoana. hes actually in the same jail as Budda Dal jathedar Baba Surjit singh! below is a picture of the two of them togther after bhai Balwant Singh recieved amrit!

I was told this awhile back and it hurts to see Chardikala Singhs in jail, while the puppet jathedars are free to destroy the Panth. With my original post, all i said was, we got to stop pulling the covers over our eyes to the reality of what is taking place in the Nihang Singhs.

Some have this habit to belittle anyone that speaks against Nihang Singhs, even when the person is speaking the truth about them. This for a second i can't stand and only got involved in this discussion because it was occuring here. Otherwise this whole thread is pointless as any person who reads Gurbani with devotion will be able to spot the fake warriors from miles away.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny how it's only the "puritanical brigade from the 69 lingam posse of the farla-less bah bah fat giddar wolverhampton wale" that seem to be the only ones with all the "knowledge" about what is the right way!!

Cannabis is wrong full stop... Now go tell your bah bah to start doing his nitnem in the mornings!