Sopw- Breaking News Exclusive – Akaal Takhat Meeting Leak.

SOPW

Breaking News Exclusive – Akaal Takhat Meeting Leak.

SOPW has received inside information leaked from the meeting that took place today at Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib. The meeting was held between the Five Jathedars, Advocate Amar Singh Chahal, and other leading Sikh intellectuals, academics and political figures. The meeting was to determine the best course of action to take in relation to the death sentence of Balwant Singh Rajoana.

SOPW believes that the information leaked is of significance to the Sikh Nation and we have a duty to present this information to the Sikh Nation.

Legal counsel in this meeting was provided by Advocate Amar Singh Chahal who is a high ranking lawyer in Punjab. Advocate Amar Singh Chahal was leading the defence of the 11 accused in the Beant assassination case. Advocate Chahal made clear to those attending that the death sentence cannot be stopped only delayed.

Four out of five Jathedars expressed that they wished to delay the death sentence. Only Jathedar Balwant Singh Nandgarh of Damdama Sahib supported the decisions of Balwant Singh Rajoana.

The options discussed to delay the death sentence were:

1. The five Jathedars issue a Hukamnama to Rajoana ordering him to appeal, which would cause much delay and open the way to convert the sentence to life.

2. The superintendant of Patiala Jail cannot hang Rajoana in Punjab as he can only be hanged where the trial was, Chandigarh. This transfer process could be supported which will delay the hanging by 4-6 months

3. There is an ongoing explosives case on Rajoana in Patiala Court; the Advocate General (appointed by Badal government) can issue a writ to the court to suspend the hanging until the pending case is solved. This will cause 5-10 year delay.

From the information leaked to SOPW we have been given this break down of the options:

1. Option 1 is seen as very risky as it is believed that Balwant Singh would reject this option and this would be very embarrassing to the authority of the current Akaal Takhat Jathedars.

2. Option 2 would not result in significant delay as the sentence could be carried out in Chandigarh.

3. Option 3 is seen as the most favourable route as greater pressure can be exerted by political figures in Punjab on the Patiala Court resulting in much delay.

We have seen international support for Balwant Singh Rajoana and his decision not to oppose the death sentence. These fearless actions have renewed the pride and interest of the Sikh Nation in the ideals that Sikhs like Balwant Singh Rajoana represent. Balwant Singh Rajoana has provided the nation with a central focus point that has brought the ideals of Sikh Nationalism, Justice for Sikh Political Prisoners and victims of oppression and the significance of Shaheedi to the hearts and minds of nearly every Sikh household the world over.

We know from many examples of non-Sikhs where the death sentence has not been given that there is no Justice for Sikhs Political Prisoners in India. Like in the case of Kishori Lal the butcher of Trilochpuri, who was released following three death sentences. The case of the Mumbai bombers who were also spared the death sentence; the case of the Naxalites that killed 17 police officials in 1983 but were not given the death sentence. We also know that political figures and police officials accused of brutal human rights violations and genocide enjoy impunity and promotions. Such as Izhar Alam, Sumedh Saini and KPS Gill, to name a few. Balwant Singh Rajoana is well aware of facts like these, this is the reason he has expressed zero faith in the Indian legal system and has made it clear that there is no justice for Sikh Political Prisoners other than the hangman’s noose. This is a continuation of the traditions of great Sikh martyrs, like Guru Arjan Dev Ji the first Sikh martyr, who accepted death rather than bow down to a brutally oppressive government.

We know clearly where Balwant Singh Rajoana stands – uncompromisingly for justice for the countless raped, broken, tortured and murdered families. We know who he stands with – the entire Sikh Nation. We know what he wants – the justice of the noose.

What we don’t know is where the Punjab government and Akaal Takhat stand.

Why would four out of five Jathedars wish to delay the death sentence? Why would they be vocal over this issue but silent over other issues of Sikh National Interest? Why would they ignore letters from Balwant Singh Rajoana and not visit him during his 17 years despite several requests? We don’t know the clear answers to these questions, we can only guess.

What we do know is the next meeting of the Akaal Takhat Jathedars is with Chief Minister Parkash Badal. This is the same Parkash Badal against who numerous allegations of corruption and collusion with those political elements that facilitated the genocide of the Sikhs are levelled. Is Parkash Badal above and more important than other Sikh political figures, intellectuals, academics and advocates that he needs to meet in secret with the Akaal Takhat Jathedars?

We know clearly that these proposed delays will only serve politicians like Parkash Badal, not Balwant Singh Rajoana who has been denied justice for 17 years. The only reason that the date for hanging was set was at the repeated request of Balwant Singh Rajoana. For 17 years we have nearly forgotten him, will it take 5-10 years more to forget him and others like him, entirely?

Please also read our other Press Release in this matter at:

www.PrisonerWelfare.com/press-release/rajoanna-pr

I don't think Sri akal takht sahib is doing anything wrong here. They cannot do anything except extending the sentence which I believe lots of people want to see that rather than death sentence. One need to understand that akal takht and sgpc are not free from country slavery chain; example sgpc is still asking for permission from central in order to operate properly.

Only thing that I wish that they do is to start morchas in support of bhai sahib. Most of the leaders of all jathbandia in Punjab are in pity, corrupt condition.. So I have no hope from them and sad to see their desperate publicity attempts in front of media to show themself as panth caretakers. Stop worrying about pathetic press releases but do something genuinely.

Meeting with CM is not wrong as sentence responsibility was foricbly given by UT to Punjab state. I don't think badal is mad enough to carry out UT judge's order and that too on Punjab soil. If he do then he is going to assassinate his kaka's future seat..

Bhai Sahib in my opinion would not refuse hukam from Panj Payare ... although only he could answer .. if they delay it will be a shame as i my opinion all the gov wants to do is destroy his name .. theon going explosives case and then a murder case will pop up etc etc ... delaying will be playing into their hands .. dont get me wrong there are arguments for both sides of the coin but im staying Whith Bhai Sahibs choice and will be joining in ardass on the 31st as per his wishes

May the panth give birth to such soorme again and again

Bhul chuck maff

waheguru sahia

The reality is that the Jathedars have been given this advice after a meeting between Akal Takht Jathedar and Sukbir Badal, supported by people like Sant Samaj and Bhrindwale's family, via Bhai Jasbir Singh Rode. No body will be able to verify all the e-mails, letters etc to the Akal Takht, this is only a paper exercise, they will then say that the majority view is the appeal route, without any independant verification.

The reality is that the Punjab Government should be challenging the orders of the High Court, in that carrying them out is not in the public Interest and would have a negative impact on the security situation in Punjab.

These are the games being played at the expense of Bhai Blawant Singh ji, as explained to me by an elder.

wjkk wjkf

I think we sould respect Balwant Singh Rojana's wishes, he has obviously prepared for this shaheedi.

Delaying it in my opinion is not desirable for a soorma like Balwant Singh. He knows that with his shaheedi it can only make the panth stronger.

Of course it is very distressing seeing someone like BALWANT SINGH be given the death sentence. however in my mind by delaying the date it will cause the panth to lose momentum in the cause for justice, for awareness. By his hanging it raises awareness of the hundreds of sikh prisoners still rotting away... thousands of familys destroyed

bhul chuk maaf

wjkk wjkf

These are the games being played at the expense of Bhai Blawant Singh ji, as explained to me by an elder.

I agree with you, some people think the same thing, Bhai Balwant Singh Rajoana ji is caught in the middle of it all, and it hurts to see that somebodys life has been decided to be ended over the political side of it.

I personally feel they have completed the 17yrs and should now be released in order to spend time with their family and have to a life. If they decide on life sentence in jail, thats going to be tough too. I understand why Bhai Balwant Singh Rajoana ji is not appealing. "mangan maran saman hai, mat koi mange bheekh, mangan se marna bhala, yeh Satgur ki seekh". (Begging is like perishing, none should go imploring, It is better to die than beg, this is pure Guru's teaching)

Why should sikhs have to beg for their lives, the justice system should be able to weigh up all the facts and be able to make a reasonable decision. This is 2012, and hanging in india is still being carried out. its ridiculous.

Have they forgotton the khurbani Shaheed Bhagat Singh did for india? Don't they recognise this?