A Glimpse Into The Jeevan Of Bhai Balwant Singh Ji Rajoana

A GLIMPSE INTO THE JEEVAN OF BHAI BALWANT SINGH JI RAJOANA

...translated from the spoken words of Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Ji Dhadrianwale during the special Diwaan on 20th March 2012 held in the name of Bhai Rajoana:

“Bhai Balwant Singh Ji Rajoana...we must simply glimpse into their Jeevan and we will understand them. I recently met two Singhs that have spent time with Bhai Balwant Singh Ji in jail. I have known these Singhs for around 12 years. I used to encourage these Singhs to keep their Kesh and take the Amrit of Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji, but they felt they were not ready – although they would state they had an aim to be blessed with Amrit in the future. Circumstances were such that these two Singhs were imprisoned in the same jail as Bhai Balwant Singh Ji. They were sentenced for 3 months and spent most of this time with Bhai Balwant Singh Ji. They do not call Bhai Sahib ‘Balwant Singh’ but they refer to Bhai Sahib Ji as Baba Ji.

Doing Sangat with Bhai Sahib Ji in jail for 3 months totally changed their Jeevan. They entered the jail as Manmukhs and came out as Gurmukhs. I asked them, ‘There are many Singhs in that jail who come out after completing their sentence the same as when they entered, but how did your Jeevan change?’ They replied saying, ‘We shall never remove our Dastaar now and never do Beadbi of our Kesh because we were blessed enough to have the opportunity to do Sangat of Baba Balwant Singh Ji’.

So I asked them further, ‘Tell me what you found inspiring about Bhai Sahib Ji that led to such a drastic change in your Jeevan?’ Their reply was, ‘There are many types of prisoners within that jail that have committed all kinds of offences, but Baba Balwant Singh Ji is different from all, he is a Chardhi Kala Gurmukh who recites Gurbani 24-hours a day and does not let even one second, one breath pass without Naam.’ (Gurmantar Abhiyaas).

It was Bhai Sahib Ji’s Chardhi Kala Jeevan itself that had inspired these two people to become Gurmukhs.

I had this discussion with these two Singhs before Bhai Balwant Singh Ji was sentenced to death and I said to them, as I say now, Bhai Balwant Singh Ji is definitely a true Gursikh filled with Khalsa spirit. There is no doubt in this. Bhai Sahib Ji’s courage was proved later on when we heard their statement. Bhai Sahib Ji did a plea to the Jathedar of Akaal Takht that no appeal to pardon their hanging should be put forward as they shall not ask for forgiveness when there has been no wrongdoing, instead, they want to kiss the noose of death.

This statement in itself will forever become an inspiration for the many generations to come...”

- ENDS -

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use