Comprehensive History On Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale Ji

singher23

I too have been guilty of the slander of a true saint.

There is no excuse. No one else to blame. Just one's own ego.

http://frontlinepunj...erview.html?m=1

I too had my doubts and questions before I really started to learn about Sant Ji. But I can safely say from my own experience - if you take heed of this particular pappi's words - Sant Jarnail Singh should not be doubted. As for strategic decisions regarding the resistance vs the Indian army it's hard to say unless we walked that particular path and had to make life and death decisions.

It breaks my heart to learn how they've been misrepresented and villified over the years. Had they belonged to another faith or race, they would've been considered a Mandela / Guevara-type figure, i.e. an inspirational leader who took up arms against a tyrannical government who was oppressing a minority within it's own borders. Of course, with their intense spirituality and gian they were much more than just a fighter.

Instead they've been turned into a Bin Laden-type bad guy by the Indian propaganda machine, and worse of all our own people have swallowed it for decades. What an absolute injustice.

Veerji I have another question. This is a bit of a controversial one. It was Sant Ji who said something to the effect of "1 Sikh kills 33 Hindus" or something like that. What exactly did he mean by that? Did he even say that at all? Or was it a lie made up by the govt?

LOL. Sorry, but I couldn't help but chuckle. My young brother, you are going to come across dozens upon dozens of Sant Jee's alleged statements that have been twisted by RAW agents to split the Hindu-Sikh unity of the common people of Panjab. Just as the Mughal Government did with Baba Banda Singh and the Panjabi Muslims who fought for his Khalsa Army and Khalsa Raaj.

You would never believe someone who said "oh they said so and so" without verifying with the source and thus you must do the same whenever anybody, irrespective of whether due to lack of knowledge or deliberate intent, attempts to slander Sant Jee.

That's why I strongly recommend watching or listening to all of Sant Jee's speeches made during Dharm Yudh Morcha. With youtube and English translations it is really easy these days. In my day, it was a 10 pack of audio cassettes!

Because, in my humble opinion, the best way to learn about a person is to hear it from themselves. Then you can judge for yourself what he really said.

Sant Jee explains the alleged statement in his own words in his speech. Who am I or anyone else for that matter to explain, when my messiah himself already has.

It takes heart and integrity to understand Sant Jee. And moreover, it takes the honesty of a Bhagat to understand Sant Jee and further truly represent all that he stands for to your common man.

No idea why the link doesn't appear correctly. I've tried to edit it at least 5 times but it still cuts out part of the hyperlink when displaying, no idea why, maybe the admins want to block shaheed khalsa dot com!

If u replace the # with khalsa dot com it should work. Either that or google "Journey of Sovereignty Bhai Santbir Singh".

http://shaheed-#/sovereignty.html

No idea why the link doesn't appear correctly. I've tried to edit it at least 5 times but it still cuts out part of the hyperlink when displaying, no idea why, maybe the admins want to block shaheed khalsa dot com!

If u replace the # with khalsa dot com it should work. Either that or google "Journey of Sovereignty Bhai Santbir Singh".

http://shaheed-#/sovereignty.html

I read the above article. I learnt some new things which is always good.

I have to say that trying to understand the actions taken by Sant Ji is very difficult if you're coming from a strictly black-and-white, non-Sikh perspective. I don't like ragging on the West as it's home to most of us, but if you analyse the actions taken by Sant Ji through the prism of purely logical, non-theological Sikh thinking then none of it will make any sense! :biggrin2: I also will add this is not an attempt to explain away certain issues by saying "Oh you could never understand what I'm trying to say because you're using different criteria by which to appraise the situation; therefore you're always going to be wrong". That's not what I'm trying to do at all.

But Sant Jarnail Singh operated within the ways as prescribed by Guru Gobind Singh Ji. We know Dasme Pathshah was not a warlord or a thug or a barbarian. They were highly intelligent and extremely aware of all facets of life by drawing on philosophy, politics, literature, warfare, etc., when devising the various rules and systems that Sikhs should live by.

We cannot try to understand Guru Gobind Singh Ji's system - therefore the system that Sant Ji operated by - if you hold no regard for Sikhi or find it to be irrelevant when it comes to modern issues. It's like trying to put square pegs into round holes and then hoping to strike gold; it simply isn't going to work. (Sorry for mixing metaphors)

So it comes down to this: We either try to learn and understand the Sikh "ways" and then reassess the situation regarding Sant Ji's decisions in the early 80s. Or we feel content not to challenge our pre-formed beliefs and opinions and believe that everything a supposedly "uneducated preacher with an Ak47" did was wrong and was always destined to end in failure. The second path is much easier and less troublesome to negotiate; the first path is what I'm hoping to embark upon.

Thanks for the links everybody. I have read te book you posted an watched a lot of his speeches. Every "controversial" statement that he made has been cleared up and now is clear as day to me what he meant. I am ashamed that I doubted him...thank you everybody for helping me open my eyes

Guest KopSingh

Thanks for the links everybody. I have read te book you posted an watched a lot of his speeches. Every "controversial" statement that he made has been cleared up and now is clear as day to me what he meant. I am ashamed that I doubted him...thank you everybody for helping me open my eyes

paa ji did u explore the link i gave u? they are subtitled into english, sant ji, is amazing guy, literally 1 in a million

WAHE GURU KIRPA.

The thanks is all Waheguru's; we are just part of their hukam.

To help fulfil their hukam in whatever small way that we can is each and everyone of our's personal duty.

• 11 months later...