Hunger Games

Guest Guptsingh

Guest Guptsingh

WJKK, WJKF

Hey all, I just got back from watching the movie "Hunger Games" (good movie btw), and couldn't help but wonder, if you are a Sikh in that kind of situation, what do you do?

For those who haven't read the books/seen the movie, they force kids into an arena, an have them fight to te death until there is only one remaining.

What If a Sikh is put into that situation, where everyone is innocent, yet you must kill or be killed in order to survive? Would you actively seek out people to kill, or wait until someone comes to you? Or would you not try and kill anyone at all?

I know this is strange, but I was jus wondering what does Gurbani say about this?

I'd wait until someone came to me because if I'm innocent like the rest then what's to say fate, luck or whatever, will favour someone else over me? It's different if you're the "pachaara" versus a mob of villains. But when everyone is on an even keel then you wait to be attacked and then - if you survive the initial attack - fight back in self defence.

Not sure what Gurbani has to say about it. :biggrin2:

I just saw the movie yesterday too, and I was thinking about this. What came to mind was when the Sikhs were hiding in the woods during the time of the Misls, and when people would report to the Mughals their hiding places. Would they kill maybe a person who was going to report their location?

If I was in the situation in the movie I think i would take up a defensive position, and only try and kill them if they came after me, because what is making them try and kill me? They could all refuse to...it's interesting how these simple books and movies unearth such complicated questions...