Confused On Marrying A Person With The Same Goth (Sir Name)!

Princess25

Hi all, I badly need some help here!

I'm dating a guy who shares the same goth as me. I tried asking around to my relatives and so, they said its not right because we are siblings. I don't get it, how are we siblings when we come from a different pind (village)? On the other hand, my brother in law tells me there is no such thing written in our Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji..

I'm really confused on What is What!! Will I be going against our Guruji's teaching if I continue with this relationship?

Please advise me and give me more information regarding this matter. Thank you very much in advance!

lol u r . if u have thesame last nme it means if u go back far enoguh u r more related to them like a brother and sister thn u r to someone with a diffren last name but guru ji did say there are no such things as goth every1 singh and kaur and treat every1 else lik ur brother and sister . dont no how old u r but u shudnt also keep relationships b4 marriage it a a very big paap to do that .

Princess25, on 27 March 2012 - 03:53 AM, said:

Hi all, I'm in need of some help here.. I'm dating a guy of the same goth as myself.. I've tried asking relatives (aunties) if its acceptable and they said nope because we are brothers and sisters.. But how exactly are we brothers and sisters? We share the same goth but we are not from the same pind.. One of my relative said there is no such thing written in our Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.. Please enlighten me on this as I'm very confused on what is right.. Thank you very much in advance!

Dear Pehnji

What you are doing is forbidden by SrGuruGobindSinghJi Maharaj. It is clearly written in the Mukti Nama. If you want to read the original text please click on my scribd link below and look at the Mukti Nama.

I am sorry for being blunt but if you consider yourself a Gursikh then we have to follow Guru Ji's rules.

Hi all, thanks.. KarkooSingh23, I'm working and already in a marriageable age.. Mokham SIngh, I tried finding Mukti Nama but can't seem to get that.. Tried googling it also but can't seem to get anything..

So basically, we Sikhs can't get married to someone who shares the same goth as us but comes from a totally different pind from us? As in one is from Chandigarh and the other one is from Ludhiana?

Hi all, thanks.. KarkooSingh23, I'm working and already in a marriageable age.. Mokham SIngh, I tried finding Mukti Nama but can't seem to get that.. Tried googling it also but can't seem to get anything..

So basically, we Sikhs can't get married to someone who shares the same goth as us but comes from a totally different pind from us? As in one is from Chandigarh and the other one is from Ludhiana?

The Hukum here Penhji is surname clash , i.e. maternal and paternal irrelevant of cities/villages etc.

Please find Mukti Nama on the following link:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/25845336/Muktee-Nama

Princess25, on 27 March 2012 - 03:53 AM, said:

Hi all, I'm in need of some help here.. I'm dating a guy of the same goth as myself.. I've tried asking relatives (aunties) if its acceptable and they said nope because we are brothers and sisters.. But how exactly are we brothers and sisters? We share the same goth but we are not from the same pind.. One of my relative said there is no such thing written in our Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.. Please enlighten me on this as I'm very confused on what is right.. Thank you very much in advance!

Dear Pehnji

What you are doing is forbidden by SrGuruGobindSinghJi Maharaj. It is clearly written in the Mukti Nama. If you want to read the original text please click on my scribd link below and look at the Mukti Nama.

I am sorry for being blunt but if you consider yourself a Gursikh then we have to follow Guru Ji's rules.

You don't seem to have a basic understanding of genetics.

I have as much of my father's "stock" as I do of my mother's. Going back, my Nana, Nani, Dada, and Dadi comprise an equal part of my ancestry. We can then go back to my 8 great-grandparents. 8 different surnames, all an equal part of my ancestry. So if my last name is Smith and I have a great-grandfather with the last name Brown, I share as much blood with a member of the Brown clan as I do with a member of the Smith clan.

We can keep doing this and going further and further back. The point is, due to naming conventions where the father's surname is carried on, we get the idea that we are somehow more closely related to people with the same surname as us than we would be to anyone else. But that's not true.

If you are going to worry about marrying someone with the same last name, you might as well worry about marrying someone with the same last name as ANY of your ancestors. It goes to show how silly it is. It's usually easy to check if you have any substantial relation with someone. If you don't, then don't worry about having the same surname.

Marrying someone from the same pind is an entirely different matter, as there is probably some blood relation. However, if you have different ancestral pinds, having the same surname is probably not a problem at all.

to my knowledge same goth are considered brothers and sisters as they come from same clan or tribe.

long long time ago which you cant imagine when the clan/tribe started and when people travelled and started living at different places in punjab.

we are beginning to question RULES, which makes us BAAGI.

You don't seem to have a basic understanding of genetics.

I have as much of my father's "stock" as I do of my mother's. Going back, my Nana, Nani, Dada, and Dadi comprise an equal part of my ancestry. We can then go back to my 8 great-grandparents. 8 different surnames, all an equal part of my ancestry. So if my last name is Smith and I have a great-grandfather with the last name Brown, I share as much blood with a member of the Brown clan as I do with a member of the Smith clan.

We can keep doing this and going further and further back. The point is, due to naming conventions where the father's surname is carried on, we get the idea that we are somehow more closely related to people with the same surname as us than we would be to anyone else. But that's not true.

If you are going to worry about marrying someone with the same last name, you might as well worry about marrying someone with the same last name as ANY of your ancestors. It goes to show how silly it is. It's usually easy to check if you have any substantial relation with someone. If you don't, then don't worry about having the same surname.

Marrying someone from the same pind is an entirely different matter, as there is probably some blood relation. However, if you have different ancestral pinds, having the same surname is probably not a problem at all.

Khalsa Ji

It is written in the Mukti Nama.

• 1 month later...