Media Watch

Just some points :

Young Canadian Sikhs, pull yer fingers out. Indian discussion forums are jam packed with young Hindus from Canada spewing vicious venom about Sikhs and Sikhism. The only people countering them are UK ,Punjab and American based Sikhs. When are you young Canadian Sikhs gonna awaken from your slumber ?

We are a progressive, intelligent community. We are not part of the dumbed down bollywood brigade. As such, when we watch news broadcasts, we like to see serious news with serious analysis and serious commentary. We do not like the rolling footage with lous musical soundtrack that Indian news channels go for. We are more advanced than that. So...we will not accept it or like when our own sikh channel does it. We're trying to awaken the brains of Sikhs...NOT dumnb them down. Play a clip once or twice....with the actual sound from it or with serious commentary from your studio guests. STOP playing the same thing over and over and over and over and over again with some musical soundtrack as if we can't appreciate an image without a musical soundtrack. We are NOT bollywood people.

Did Sikh Channel learn nothing after the riots of last year ? Sangat TV's done it again. That same brave uncle from the riots last year was so ballsy he went with his cameraman deep into the hear of that Shiv Sena neighbourhood of Patiala. Surrounded by a thousand screaming banshee hindus he kept his cool and said "ok"...."I'll go to the hospital where the injured sikhs were taken and get their side of the story". Legend, pure legend. Meanwhile, Sikh Channel, instead of sending a UK based reporter who knows what we wanna hear, keep using that Punjab based reporter whose safe style and questioning is totally not fulfilling our needs.

Lastly, was anyone else here as shocked as I was at the extremely poor Punjabi language skills of Lord Singh ? I know 3 year olds that speak better Punjabi than that.

In conclusion though : If you keep playing rolling clips of the same thing over and over again, all you do is eventually lose the impact of that image. We are Sikhs. We don't need a musical background in order to keep our attention. Play a clip...and as you're playing it explain to us what is going on. Then, play a different clip, and then a different one. And......when, yesterday, Sikhs were attacked by Hindus in Patiala, at least someone at the sikh channel should have been proficient enough in English to notice how 'Breaking News: Attacked on Sikhs patiala" makes no sense whatsoever and just leaves us looking extremely unpadh and unprofessional. Instead, that nonsensical headline stayed on the screen for 6 hours.

Just some points :

Young Canadian Sikhs, pull yer fingers out. Indian discussion forums are jam packed with young Hindus from Canada spewing vicious venom about Sikhs and Sikhism. The only people countering them are UK ,Punjab and American based Sikhs. When are you young Canadian Sikhs gonna awaken from your slumber ?

What sites are these 'Canadian' Hindus on exactly. I hate to start arguing at a pivotal moment in our history such as this, but Hindus from all parts of the world (including the UK) are attacking Sikhism right now and Sikhs from all parts of the world (including Canada) are responding to them. I don't why you choose to always segregate communities based on nationality, the Sikh panth is united and Canadian Sikhs are doing their part. There have been rallies in Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto, Ottawa and many other places. It would be unwise to start dividing the panth based on nationality. Would also like you to list these Indian discussion forums (not doubting you, just want to know what these Hindus are saying).

Guest KopSingh

Lastly, was anyone else here as shocked as I was at the extremely poor Punjabi language skills of Lord Singh ? I know 3 year olds that speak better Punjabi than that.

In conclusion though : If you keep playing rolling clips of the same thing over and over again, all you do is eventually lose the impact of that image. We are Sikhs. We don't need a musical background in order to keep our attention. Play a clip...and as you're playing it explain to us what is going on. Then, play a different clip, and then a different one. And......when, yesterday, Sikhs were attacked by Hindus in Patiala, at least someone at the sikh channel should have been proficient enough in English to notice how 'Breaking News: Attacked on Sikhs patiala" makes no sense whatsoever and just leaves us looking extremely unpadh and unprofessional. Instead, that nonsensical headline stayed on the screen for 6 hours.

LOOOOOOOL i met that "Lord" Singh at a wedding in 2010 in the toilets (this was a short while AFTER he had appeared on sonia deols disasterous bbc 1984 docu), whist washin my hands, n i said "KHALISTAN ZINDABAD" out SOOO LOUD. He then proceeded 2 give a dirty look. I was slightly drunk at the time tho, n he started talkin sum jibberish nonesense.

Also time has come i rekon for sikh channels, to become slightly anti-hindu now, i kno it aint right, but we hav 2 fight fire with fire. HOW MANY hindus (especially hindu panjabis) stick up for us? they r supposed 2 b our "brothers", they r our nxt door neighbours back home, yet turn a blind eye 2 our needs. All they seem 2 do is call bhindrawale/rajoana terrorists, call kps gill/saini/badals/shiv sena/beanta LEGENDS! those same khalistani militants helped hindu panjabis out in the 80s/90s wen their sisters were mistakingly raped by indian govt, by gettin badla for them.

IM SICK N TIRED OF THIS 1 SIDEDness. also my understanding is american tv news r continuously callin rajoana a "terrorist", wen is it gona fall into place for us guys??? the whole world seems 2 b against us! Anyone catch Nihals show on asian network today? nonesense again! the fact that ppl keep bringin up 84 continuously regardin rajoana says everything