Sikh Caste Issue With Marriage. Help!

SinghEngineer

@_Guest_

I don't know how significant all these questions are, but here you go:

1. How long have you been going around ?

7+ months

2. Is sex, a part of your relationship ?

NO

3. Who earns more, you or her ?

Me

4. Is your family richer than her's ?

I never compared and looked at from this eye. But, we are very well settled financially.

5. Does she have any unmarried siblings ?

One Younger Brother

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest West London Singh

No offence, but if I were the girl's brother, I'd be worried about my sister going from a 100% Sikh family and marrying into a family that might be a 50/50 split between Sikhism and Hinduism...a strange hybrid in which weird non-sikh rituals such as doing pooja are the norm. Sorry, but I can't see any postives that would come from this marriage.

No offence, but if I were the girl's brother, I'd be worried about my sister going from a 100% Sikh family and marrying into a family that might be a 50/50 split between Sikhism and Hinduism...a strange hybrid in which weird non-sikh rituals such as doing pooja are the norm. Sorry, but I can't see any postives that would come from this marriage.

Just worry about your own breed.

MODS Please close the thread. As another forum member recently stated no caste based threads should be allowed on this forum, This is a Sikh based site. So heed the advise of that particular member and close threads with a caste based theme.

OMG! Did that member participate in this thread and not ask for it to be closed. MMMH! Maybe i'm wrong!!!!

Humble benti to Admin.

Could this thread be pinned so that it can be used to answer future queries of this nature , as this subject does appear over and over again. It would save time having to reply to the same questions over and over.

There is no place for caste in the house of Guru Nanak.

There are Sikhs whose customs and moral values differ from others. Some Sikhs marry cousins whereas other Sikhs would never marry a cousin. Guru Ji's Mukti Nama strictly forbids the marriage between cousins. We all live in a free world and as such every person has the right to choose their partner but as Sikhs we should at least know the Gurmat instruction regarding marriage.

Many thanks.

Please expand on this statement. As in humans there are no breeds. Are you intentionally insulting a member and classing them as an animal?

Also reading in between the lines I can guess which baradri your hamdardi lies with!

I have no hamdardi for anyone who talks nonsense about casteism in Sikhism.