Badal & His Delhi Masters Have Won This Battle But Not The War

Badal has already won this battle:

1. by going for a stay for rajoana's execution, he will let him rot in jail for another few years (at least if not more) as they wont release him or make him shaheed (which is the only two options open to the singhs)

2. they will never make rajoana jathedar of akal takht or any other takhts as they know this could tip things over the edge.

3. the takht jathedars are in Badals pocket as are Sant Samaj and Dhadrianwale

4. by arresting bittu daduwal etc there is no one to co-ordinate the early stages of this movement

5. Badal has total media control in Punjab and no one else outside Punjab in India really cares or knows

6. the actual protests in Punjab are actually quite small in number but much better than they have been for years

7. by shooting dead Jaspal Singh, they hope to scare (and have probably succeeded) mothers from sending their sons to protests or becoming militant in views and actions

8. nothing will happen to the suspended DC and SSP

9. in 2 months everything will be back to normal

7. by shooting dead Jaspal Singh, they hope to scare (and have probably succeeded) mothers from sending their sons to protests or becoming militant in views and actions

I was wondering about this today. The cynic inside me is telling me Bhai Jaspal Singh was always supposed to die, i.e. a symbol to dissuade any other protesters from escalating matters. Sadly they picked the victim at random and the young Singh paid with his life.

Sad but true observations... But punjab janta must step up and take some of its blame...I just can't get passed the fact - people of punjab and punjab who both have gotten raped right, left and center for past 20 years or so - both by congress and akali dal leaders - turn by turn still refuse to learn from it and refuse to give 3rd party(new party) even an chance, last time i checked people party of punjab didn't even win a single seat in punjab in last recent election.

Fine people of punjab may not agree with ppp, but that should not stop them to elect fiscal educated and revolunary leaders from punjab or abroad who can come in punjab and live there and form an 4th party for future election. What's worrisome as well, sikhs living abroad who are proficient in economics and history of punjab are not considering to go back to punjab to run in punjab elections yet have no problem coming up with articles, giving all sorts of advise hoping it will resolve punjab issues by sitting on arm chair comfortably at home.

I really wish i was educated in economics or have the potential in me to run for punjab elections.

Badal has already won this battle:

1. by going for a stay for rajoana's execution, he will let him rot in jail for another few years (at least if not more) as they wont release him or make him shaheed (which is the only two options open to the singhs)

2. they will never make rajoana jathedar of akal takht or any other takhts as they know this could tip things over the edge.

3. the takht jathedars are in Badals pocket as are Sant Samaj and Dhadrianwale

4. by arresting bittu daduwal etc there is no one to co-ordinate the early stages of this movement

5. Badal has total media control in Punjab and no one else outside Punjab in India really cares or knows

6. the actual protests in Punjab are actually quite small in number but much better than they have been for years

8. nothing will happen to the suspended DC and SSP

9. in 2 months everything will be back to normal

A good analysis.

You have to wonder why some Sikh leaders were immediatley arrested and others are free and get good media coverage. We also need to keep an eye on those that have a history of switching positions to fit in with the mood of the Sikhs.

I think the western Sikhs can help spread the freedom message by making use of the socail media, so many in India are on facebook and use Youtube.

Badal and co will hope things die down over time. An example is the protests against the Sadhs , Punjab got very active then, a Sikh was shot by the Police then, but most of the Sikh leaders dropped the issue when it got queiter, the Sadhs are still there. This time we need to keep the issues going.

All the main political parties, Akali/BJP, Congress, PPP/communists are all anti Sikh on our issues, a third front needs to be put up. Mann did this back in the late 80's when he made an alliance with the Dalit party BSP, that was enough for his party to win all the MP seats.

Sant Samaj need to make their position clear on whether they still support Badal., The lower level DDT leaders were saying things against Badal on TV.

In 1992 all the Sikh parties issues the Amritsar declaration where they would work towards almost full independence. Badal broke his promise taken on oath at the Akal Takht and grouped up with the BJP. So when talking of unity, Sikhs need to be careful.

Excellent to the point analysis. Please make sangat aware of truth about Sant Samaj and Akal Takht Jathedar. remember Akal Takht is supreme not it's jathedar who works for Badal in return of few luxuries. He was having laddoos shamelessly when Fansi was postponed, when he should be working for release of Bhai Rajoana. How can be even call him our jathedar. Sikhs all over world should pressure and make Bhai Rajoana Akal Takht Jathedar. His letters have more power than Jathedar's letters anyway.

Badal and his chumchay...

Badal has got enormous influence and power. Also, he controls the Akal Takht Jathedards so Punjab isn't getting anywhere till he's dead.

When you vote in India/Punjab you have to pick amongst the dog who is the least corrupt. Unfortunately, they're all about equally demonic.

The only disagreement I have is with bhai Ranjit Singh ji Dhadrianwale. They are not affiliated with any party and he has made this clear in his diwans.

However Sant Samaj are obviously affiliated with Badal as well as the Akal Takht Jathedar. I hope they change their stance very soon. If the Akal Takht Jathedar would openly criticise Badal he would gain a lot of respect from the Sikh Panth.

Was it not the duty of Badal to visit the family of Shaheed bhai Jaspal Singh ji?, arrest the guilty individuals, make a statements on the atrocities carried out by the police, provide financial support to the families of bhai Jaspal Singh ji and bhai Ranjit Singh ji, immediately free bhai Baljit Singh Daduwal, bhai Baljit Singh Bittu, bhai Simranjit Singh Mann and other innocent individuals who were arrested etc

So many questions need to be asked. It is the duty of Sant Samaj and Akal Takht Jathedar to raise these issues in public to put pressure on the Akal Dal Sarkar, the whole Sikh Panth would be behind the Akal Takht Jathedar.

The Sikh Panth is on its knees, so much pain has been endured over the past 3 decades, so many shaheeds, we are begging the Akal Takht Jathedar to lead us.

I have hope that the Akal Takht Jathedar, Giani Gurbachan Singh ji may have changed their stance towards Badal. I have read that Giani Gurbachan Singh ji told Badal that he would call a bandh in Gurdaspur if the demands of Shaheed bhai Jaspal Singh ji's family were not met. It will be interesting to see the next interview of the Akal Takht Jathedar.

Satguru Mehar Karan!