JagjeetST

Singh'o i need help! The giani tied a dastaar on me twice with his own kapra even after when i asked him to do with my own but i just thought leave it. Then this evening i felt all itchy on my scalp then i took the Dastaar off and combed my hair. Yep i've got head lice :( Dunno what to do now. Another problem is that everytime i comb loads of hair comes out and i don't want to lose my kesh like this and need to get rid of this head lice pronto!. Any suggestions?

Guest AKAUR

Veerjee you can get medicated shampoos for use which help to kill lice, and also helps in getting rid of their eggs. Just search online to get an idea on rather best one, or go to your local pharmacy to get it.

Loosing your hair depends on various reasons and hard to find out why. However, it will help if you eat healthy food, more green products. Having strong rich healthy diet will not only help you in having strong kesh but also helps to keep ur body healthy and fit. Use oil head malish before shower and wash hair with a bit more natural shampoo.

Regarding lice, please go to your local pharmacy as suggested by above member.

For dandruff, use nizoral or selsun blue or head and shoulder.

Found this on net:

Treatment

Lotions and shampoos containing 1% permethrin (Nix) often work well. They can be bought at the store without a prescription. If these do not work, a doctor can give you a prescription for stronger medicine. Such medicine should be used exactly as directed.

Guest Mufasa

If your hair falls out when you comb it, it's probably because the hair is already dead. Keep combing it and the eggs will fall out along with your dead hair. Also keep washing it. Make sure to wash your clothes thoroughly too.

Veerjee you can get medicated shampoos for use which help to kill lice, and also helps in getting rid of their eggs. Just search online to get an idea on rather best one, or go to your local pharmacy to get it.

If God is in all why kill lice?

A regiment you could follow

Brush your hair before you wash it. Brush it again after you wash it. Use two different combs for before and after. Try to boil the combs after brushing your hair to sterilize them.

Blow dry your hair after washing it.

Wash your hair 3 - 4 times a day.

Change your bed sheets and pillows.

Wrap your hair in a plastic shower cap before going to sleep.

Wash your clothes every day and dry them in the dryer.

You may have to take up to a week off from school or work.

All the brushing, washing and heat drying should kill the lice.

Keep washing with the medicated shampoo also.