Sign in to follow this  
Jaggaa

Internet Not A Valid Source For Gurbani?

Sangat Jee,

I have been looking through some apps on my android tablet and phone etc which you can search Gurbani which claims to have indexed sources such as Amrit Keertan pothi on it etc. However I have come across a particular shabad which has put some doubts on the internets authenticity.

I'm going to use 1 particular shabad as an example and also understand it could just be an exceptional anomaly.

The shabad is : Har Sachae Takth Rachhaeaa Sath Sangat Melaa

I have an Amrit Keertan pothi from around 40 years ago and this pothi itself has been used by Puraatan Gursikhs. Now line 3 and 6 in the Pothi are as follows :

3 : Gur Simar Manaee Kalkaa Khandae Kee Velaa

6 : Gur Sangat Kenee Khalsaa Manumukhee Duhelaa

however on other internet sources and the Amrit Keertan android app also searchgurbani.com it is different and possibly incorrect (I say this because this shabad is from Bhai Gurdas Jee's vaaran and could potentially have 2 different versions)

3: Gur Daas Manaee Kalkaa Khandae Kee Velaa

6 : Sangat Kenee Khalsaa Manumukhee Duhelaa

Is there any learned Gursikh here who can clear my doubt and whether I should scrap using these apps etc and just stick to the Gutka Sahib?

I use it for Keertan purposes and don't want to be reading the wrong shabad.

Just searched Sikhi to the Max II for this shabad and these are correct and from my own understanding they are too. :)

3 : Gur Simar Manaee Kalkaa Khandae Kee Velaa

6 : Gur Sangat Kenee Khalsaa Manumukhee Duhelaa

To start out, the Amrit Kirtan is correct about those 2 lines (According to my knowledge). But that is not always the case. The Amrit Kirtan is often wrong on some Gurbani Tuks. Especially when it comes to Bhai Gurdas Singh's Vaar and Dasam Bani. Some examples are (these are all of examples that I remember. I don't actually have an Amrit Kirtan with me right now, so some may be off):

1. Amrit Kirtan: Gurmukha Mathey Ujaley Sachey Darbarey ||

Actual: Gursikha Mathey Ujaley Sache Darbarey ||

(Bhai Gurdas Singh's Vaar, Pauri 2)

2. Some Pauris in Bhai Gurdas Singh's Vaar end in "Wah Wah Gobind Singh Apey Gur Chela" and some end in "Waho Waho Gobind Singh Apey Gur Chela". Sometimes the Amrit Kirtan is incorrect about that.

(Bhai Gurdas Singh's Vaar)

3. Amrit Kirtan: Peeyoh Pahul Khandeydhaar Hoye Janam Suhela ||

Actual: Peevoh Pahul Kandhdhaar Hoye Janam Suhela ||

(Bhai Gurdas Singh's Vaar, Pauri 1)

VERY COMMON MISTAKE:

4. Amrit Kirtan: Khalsa Akaal Purakh Ki Fouj || Pragateyo Khalsa Pramatam Ki Mouj ||

Actual: Khalsa Kaal Purakh Ki Fouj || Pragateyo Pramatam Ko Mouj ||

(Sarbloh Granth)

^There are 3 changes in this line (Akal->Kaal, Khalsa (2nd line), Ki->Ko). Along with this, there are many changes in the entire Shabad. But I do not currently remember all of these. If you really want, I can give these to you. One more that I remember is:

5. Amrit Kirtan: Khalsa Mero Mukh Hai Anga || Khalsey Kai Haun Sad Sad Sanga ||

Actual: Khalsa Mero Mukh Hai Ang || Khalsey Kai Haun Basat Sad Sang ||

Those are just a few examples.