Sada Mama Bada Great!

Ek0sikh

Bathinda court summons Dera Sacha Sauda chief

Gurdeep Singh Mann/TNS

Bathinda, April 2

The court of Chief Judicial Magistrate today summoned Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh in a case of allegedly hurting Sikh community’s sentiments by wearing clothes similar to Sikh Guru Gobind Singh.

A case was registered against the dera head on May 20, 2007 at the Kotwali police station on the complaint of Rajinder Singh Sidhu, president, Khalsa Diwan Gurdwara Singh Sabha.

Taking cognisance of the case and not agreeing with the earlier cancellation report of the FIR filed by the police, CJM Harjeet Singh summoned the dera head to appear before the court on May 10. Heavy police force was deployed around the court complex and in the city in the wake of dera chief’s case hearing today.

Sidhu said he was satisfied with the decision of the court which came after four years of long wait. He said it was now up to the dera head to respond to the court orders.

top.gif.................................................................................................................................................................................

by the way ....my mama ji is not the Dera chief? great news!

Well well well it seems my mama ji is really, really good friends with your mama. Small world, eh?

I was in Punjab when he summoned him. He actually called my mama ji and told him about it. I wanted to meet him after hearing about him summoning the ram rahim thug, maybe next time.

He probably knows my massardji as well, but they're not friends, just acquaintances.

(btw i'm assuming your mama ji is the Khalsa Judge from Bathinda?)

Are these actual 'mameh' being referred to here or the jocular manner in Panjabi people converse when we refer to policeman, i.e. "mameh ah gaye!".

My sakka mama ji. Real mama lol (i'm sure it's his as well).

I'm sure if he I tell him the pind or road (of my mamaji) his mama will understand in a second who it is. :lol2: