A Buddhist Can Immolate Himself Peacefully To Protest Oppression ... Is This A Proof Of Their Kamaai

Only five, after reading your last post. Your comments make a lot off sence.

However, why has Akal given me a sence of conpasion, love etc towards people who do good for humanity. As much as i love sikhi i wish you got points for feeling these things that Akal has created me with.

If you go against gurmat then you have sinned towards our gurus and akal, the crapy thing is i have complete love for them yet for showing compasion and emotion, im doomed.

Anyway, fateh to you bredrin

JSinghz your implying that the buddhist monk was a coward when you yourself would be running around screaming like a little <banned word filter activated> at the slightest burn was Darshan Singh Pheruman also a coward regardless of what you think the buddhist monk did was right or wrong the way he didnt budge a muscle while being burned alive deserves every ones respect its hardly a "cowardly act" I think first of all we need to decide what sucide really is imho sucide is a emotional and irrational decsion made when one is not in the right frame of mind due to various things happening to him in his life and he is no longer capable of thinking straight what this monk did however was based on full knowledge and and I am certain he mustve thought long and hard on it oh and Only Five you posted a video of Santji telling the swami he wouldnt sit back and cry he would do something about it but what this monk did is one of the farthest things from just sitting back and crying wouldnt you agree that is misreprensenting santjis words

noticed over and over that this forum it too ego driven, nearly every topic ends in some kind of disagreement.. very little positive thinking, way forward thinking people... its always my way or the highway attitude..

The nindhiya driven topics or controversial with regards to marayada get mega views.. proactive thinking for betterment of the panth gets nothing.

We are so lucky to see this time in our Lifetime.. first time in in decades has the panth got together.. right now with this unity sooo much can be done...

yet we drag the same pointless arguments discussed before and lose friends over it

seriously man.. chillax... we're brothers.. bachan bilaas karo..

Only confused people like you would call this shaheedi. For Sikhs it would be a cowardly act of suicide.

Don't speak for Sikhs please, speak only for your own interpretation backed with reasoning. He didn't call it shaheedi, he said if it were a Sikh, many Sikhs would call this a shaheedi act (regardless to whether or not they analysed if this was Gurmat or not).

Khaalis has a good point as well, it's not so black and white.

What you're doing by calling someone a coward who has such control over his or her body to accept death in hopes to bring awareness to the world (WHICH IT DID) a mere coward.

Just because someone isn't a Sikh, it doesn't make them a coward or a bad person. This thinking in of itself is anti-gurmat itself.

Also, are you JSinghz going to classify those Singhs/Khalsa who went on hunger strike in British jails to protest them as cowards? Many of them did commit "suicide" by not eating when they were offered food. Apparently that is cowardly in your books too.

Sickening

You're basically making fun of their religion because they aren't blessed with shastar that Guru Sahiban blessed the Sikh Panth/Khalsa with.

Nothing short of making fun of them. Just because we're blessed with Sikhi doesn't mean we should call others who are different as cowards.

Ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous.

Why call the butcher bad when Maharaj is doing everything?

So was beanta butcher unlawfully killed by Rajoana and his comrades?

The Buddhist were facing oppression in the video where the Buddhist is putting himself on fire... So Sant ji would advise the Buddhist monks in the same way and not tell them to set themselves on fire.

Is this the same Sant that said " muslim be a true muslim, hindu be a true hindus and sikhs be a true sikh? He would have more probably said " Buddhist be a true Buddhist and fight as your dharma allows..." which is pretty much what the Buddhist did.

Anyways, this has been discussed before and Gurmat say it's wrong. If you want oppression to stop then listen to what Sant ji says and follow in his foot steps and not to do the opposite.

Since the Buddhist in the video was the teacher of the monks, he is considered to Buddha (a divine teacher). For the Budhist the Buddha is like how Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj is for us (Divine teacher, instead Satguru is higher). So to the Sikhs that think this act was right there is a question that arises.

Will you go out in the streets take a Saroop of Maharaj with the PUnj Pyares presence and immolate Maharaj for a peaceful protest? You know what Sant ji says on burning Maharaj (I told you above and if there is doubt in your mind, then i can surely present the videos to you) so what makes you think such lowly acts are right? Surely not Gurbani could another religious teachings, but not Gurbani.

what a ridiculuous comparison to make, Guru Ji is the Spiritual Guide of the SIkhs, but Dasam Guru has left the Khalsa body the physical roop of himself, why would we burn the spirit which never dies, we would sacrifice our physical bodies of course.

Sometimes a soul needs to be released to put an end to injustice, whether it's your own through martyrdom or another beings to halt their actions. Thankfully we as Sikhs have the latter option.

well said. What about Guru Tegh Bahadur's Ji options? He could have said to auranga " lets fight a duel with swords, if you win i'll convert to islam..." Why did Guru JI and the Sikhs just give their lives without taking the enemies head? Can we say that Guru Ji led himself and the SIkhs to suicide?

Lol at chatanga, ive lost it with this topic now.

I think you summed it up with the quote, if ur a muslim be a good muslim etc etc

Baba ji to me was a brahm giani budhist, enough said

Fateh to you all, im gna eat an easter egg now

Hopefully a hollow chocolate one, without any actual andha in it.

Also try not to think of Jesus when you're eating it.