Why?

Guest Anon

Hi,

Just want a bit of help/advice. I feel that every time I go to the Gurdwara or start to do paath etc something bad always happens within the next few days.

It deters me from praying or visiting the Gurdwara. Seems like a catch 22 situation. Why is this happening?

You're being tested. Also, Gurbani states the Rehit/Hukam of a Sikh of the Guru is to be always content and accept the will of God, bad or good. If we truly love Guru Sahib then pain will not obstruct us. Read this shabad - http://www.sikhitoth...p?ShabadID=2874

jy suKu dyih q quJih ArwDI duiK BI quJY iDAweI ]2] jae sukh dhaehi th thujhehi araadhhee dhukh bhee thujhai dhhiaaee ||2||

If You will bless me with happiness, then I will worship and adore You. Even in pain, I will meditate on You. ||2||

I found something similar used to happy to me (and still does).

If I do no path and then start, day 1 will be bliss, day 2 will be horrible, day 3 and after, almost as good as day 1 but not quite.

If then stop doing path, day 1 will be as per previous day. At precisely midday (+/- 2 mins), the rest of the day will be horrible. Day 3 will be back to my normal state.

If you are so easily dissuaded from paath, then you have already lost. Remember, not all battles are physical. Victory is doing paath even when you're on fire or being ripped apart.

It's odd you say that as my I'll be happy during the day and then will become upset or just on a 'downer' at lunch ( always around 12)

But I don't understand why this would happen. Wouldn't God be happy that we atleast pray every so often to just say thank you and ask to be led the right way?!

I think its all in your mind. Sometimes we start looking for answers as to why certain things happen and try to link it to other events. Probably just a coincidence.

Nope.. as gurbani says you take 1 step towards guru he takes 100,000 towards you, the step gurbani talks about is a spirtual one, not just going to the gurdwara, but at the same time Kaal/punj choor up there game to stop you from following this path, remember the only reason we are here is to win this game

kwmu k®oDu loBu mohu jIqhu AYsI Kyl hir ipAwrI ]2]

kaam krodhh lobh mohu jeethahuaisee khael har piaaree ||2||

Conquer sexual desire, anger, greed and worldly attachment; only such a game as this is dear to the Lord. ||2||

jn nwnk gurmuiK jo nru KylY so ijix bwjI Gir AwieAw ]4]1]19]

jan naanak guramukh jo nar khaelai so jin baajee ghar aaeiaa ||4||1||19||

O servant Nanak, that person who plays this game as Gurmukh, wins the game of life, and returns to his true home. ||4||1||19||

WJKK WJKF

I dont think "its all in the mind". I go thru this a lot. I used to be able to do paat 2yrs, even thou i wasnt doing much back then, was still able to do it. Nowadays is so hard, but i also put that down to my health deteriorating. I go thru exactly wat u are saying @Anon, but with its when i want to go to gurdwara, or plan to do paat, then i get obstructed, therefor i dont plan nomore, and do as and when i can.

I agree with u Mat Pulo Rai, I'm so fed up of this five chors now, i even swear at them, not that i should do that. But they get too much sometimes, which affects my health too. Instead somebody told me to listen to paat, and read along with it as its playing, if im finding myself doing it difficult.

Dont give up @Anon, I dont let nothing deter u from going to the gurdwara. Go to gurdwara, nothing can happen to u there. Waheguru always looks after us, and watever is happening is all in their hands.

Do u do simran?

Thank you for all the advice. I do do Simran and I do go to the Gurdwara here and there but I find it upsets me. I feel as though I'm not worthy to be there and end up crying (main reason why I don't like to go)

I don't understand the point of the 5 chors - I feel that in this day and age some of them are needed to progress. For example - you have to be greedy to get anywhere and I dont see the harm in it as long as you're not malicious or hurting anyone with malicious intent.

I just really wish I knew what is expected of me - always thought praying would help lead you to being a better person - but when your hope dies ur faith just tends to follow. This all just makes you think you're a bad person.

Thank you for all the advice. I do do Simran and I do go to the Gurdwara here and there but I find it upsets me. I feel as though I'm not worthy to be there and end up crying (main reason why I don't like to go)

I don't understand the point of the 5 chors - I feel that in this day and age some of them are needed to progress. For example - you have to be greedy to get anywhere and I dont see the harm in it as long as you're not malicious or hurting anyone with malicious intent.

I just really wish I knew what is expected of me - always thought praying would help lead you to being a better person - but when your hope dies ur faith just tends to follow. This all just makes you think you're a bad person.

Would you call that 'greedy'? I'd say that's being ambitious even ruthlessly ambitious to push yourself as far as you can to succeed, but as long as that ruthlessness doesn't negatively affect anybody else.

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

It's odd you say that as my I'll be happy during the day and then will become upset or just on a 'downer' at lunch ( always around 12)

But I don't understand why this would happen. Wouldn't God be happy that we atleast pray every so often to just say thank you and ask to be led the right way?!

help others , be a good person , doesn't matter which religion u follow ! ur a good person