I'm Ashamed To Admit It....

DDAVIDALE

Waheguru Waheguru.

I think the youngsters such as ourselves should start becoming part of our locals Gurudwaras committees and in the end they will leave at one point as they are OAP's and its up to us youngsters to keep Sikhi true to its basics. I am going tomorrow to Barking Gurudwara to sign up to be a member. One thing that hurt me the most was this - I went to get a Sukhmani Sahib paath booked for my daughters 5th Birthday and this is what they quoted

1- Ragis - £40

2- Langar and electric - £475

3 - Sukhmani Sahib Paath - £16 !!!!

I mean they should not break it down like this is it seems that there is a very low price on the Gurbani itself ! I know we are in recession etc but this is wrong on so many levels. They should call it a Sukhmani Sahib Seva - total price included etc etc. We need to step as most of the elders in the committees are ruining the very essence of Naam and Gurbani without even knowing it. We are becoming engrossed in maya and this is being fed subconsciously to the Saadh Sangat so they dont care. There are not enough English Gurbani talks and Kathas on Sikh history in local Gurudwaras. We should, using this website as you are all doing, keep advertising events and organising young prominent Gursikhs like Bhai Nirvair Singh Khalsa Jatha and Bhai Sukha SIngh UK wale etc, we need to get together as a force and organise more and more monthly events around locals Gurudwaras, not just stop at the big ones like Singh Sabha Southall, Gravesend, Wolverhampton etc. We need to do these more and more at the more local Gurudwaras like Barking, Leyton, Rosebery etc. I am sorry to rant but I am genuinely hurt at the breakdown done by the elders without them even realising it.

Sincere apologies if I have offended anyone with my comments.

A Sukhmani Sahib da Paat for £500+??!? You have got to be kidding me! How much does an Akhand Paat cost?

If they didn't extend and build wing after wing of extra halls to existing Gurughar buildings, the cost of the electricity to keep these huge halls lit and warm wouldn't be so high. These practices will not end well --- not end well at all.

I put it down to cultural issues, i know of a couple sikh converts to christianity and they generaly fit the same bill.

They may have had issues with the pressure of south asian culture within there familes because many actually dont know much about sikhi and when they seek help from outside, they see sikhi and there culture as the same thing.

Its a shame but it doesnt hurt as much as them turning to islam, this girl at my work place (a few years ago) simran. Converted to islam, she married the guy changed her name and startdd wearing hijab, the crappy thing was she didnt give a monkeys. All the apnay stopped speaking to her but she really didnt care. Her dad and brother (dad was pugwala) started coming to wotk to try and speak to her obviously she must have run away.

Theres is a lot that can be done to try and prevent this but try telling that to the biggest flop in the history of gurdwara, THE COMMITEE. they keep building massive gurdwara that are dead mon-sat. Ask any of the kids that actually attend gurdwara to name all the gurus and there lost.

There are good guys and gals out there that are trying to do parchars and help in the gurdwara and all the best to them. Its just a shame theres to little.

I put it down to cultural issues, i know of a couple sikh converts to christianity and they generaly fit the same bill.

They may have had issues with the pressure of south asian culture within there familes because many actually dont know much about sikhi and when they seek help from outside, they see sikhi and there culture as the same thing.

Its a shame but it doesnt hurt as much as them turning to islam, this girl at my work place (a few years ago) simran. Converted to islam, she married the guy changed her name and startdd wearing hijab, the crappy thing was she didnt give a monkeys. All the apnay stopped speaking to her but she really didnt care. Her dad and brother (dad was pugwala) started coming to wotk to try and speak to her obviously she must have run away.

Theres is a lot that can be done to try and prevent this but try telling that to the biggest flop in the history of gurdwara, THE COMMITEE. they keep building massive gurdwara that are dead mon-sat. Ask any of the kids that actually attend gurdwara to name all the gurus and there lost.

There are good guys and gals out there that are trying to do parchars and help in the gurdwara and all the best to them. Its just a shame theres to little.

if that was my daughter/sister, i wuda smashed her face in, and then the sullah afterwards. y is it sooooooo easy for our kurriyan to do this, without a backlash? sad times man, r men need 2 man up

I have also noticed this, there is a church in Langley which i go past reguarly to see punjabis in large numbers. Even my pind in India which is a very small pind and i mean really small that has a church too. My gran was telling me about how one full amritdhari sengh who used to preach to her to take amrit and read bani at the pind gurdwara on a regular basis he converted to christianity too, shaved his long beard and cut his hair. I was really shocked when i found out about this. What can be done?

I have also noticed this, there is a church in Langley which i go past reguarly to see punjabis in large numbers. Even my pind in India which is a very small pind and i mean really small that has a church too. My gran was telling me about how one full amritdhari sengh who used to preach to her to take amrit and read bani at the pind gurdwara on a regular basis he converted to christianity too, shaved his long beard and cut his hair. I was really shocked when i found out about this. What can be done?

Our religion is based on Avasta and Avasta only, Guru Nanak Dev Jee only gave permission to Guru Angand dev Jee to continue parchaar because he had threw Guru Nanaks practicle teachings Seen and Merged back with Akaal Purkh. Teachers in our religion are that who have won against Kaal/Punj Choor and have found their True Home, Everyone else is a False teacher.

igAwnu iDAwnu Duin jwxIAY AkQu khwvY soie ]

giaan dhiaan dhun jaaneeai akath kehaavai soe |

Giaan means Knowledge

Dhiaan means 100% Concentration

Dhun means Naam (aka Unhand Shabad this is 1st heard at the gates of God)

Akath means Vaheguru (that which is indescribable)

So what Gurbani clearly stated is that only one with this Avasta can do Katha of Akaal Purkh, and as 99% of people haven't achieved this avasta they talk about God with no real idea of who they are preaching about and, as in the case have given, convert so easily.

I'm not against anyone, not anyone who preaches God, end of the day-he's our saviour-whatever faith you look at. But I'm a sikh. I'm sure these people are from India-I'm shocked, they've travelled 6,000 miles to realise their 'faith' doesn't fulfill them. From my past research it appears as if they are, the christians that is, are actively seeking other breathren to join their faith. The women are drawn because I sense they can belong to something. Maybe they didn't understand sikhi-I dont know-but I'm scared as hell!

1. What led them this way?

2. Were they dumbfounded, were they converted?

3. Were they just fed up?

PLEASE GIVE YOUR OPINIONS

I know many punjabi churches now exist in places like Gurdaspur, Canada, UK, America, etc...

If I'm not getting paid then im not going to do anything for you. Show me the money and I'll make sure the work is done. Many of these punjabis are recieving money to "do the Lord's work". They think, heck God is God doesn't matter what religion as long as we are putting people in the right direction...we are good in God's book. Then you have some of them becoming Christians because Christians helped them out by providing visa's to them and their family. Again it goes back to, i do you a favour and then you repay me. I'm not saying all join because of monetary gain, but majority do for this reason.

I remember meeting a very old Christain woman once and she was so excited to tell me...cuz i wear a dastar, that in her Church that they had men with turbans on and taken up Christianity. Some how she probably felt that she played a role in turning them into Christians......No one could wipe the smile off of her face even if they wanted too.....shes probably think...I`m get me a gold watch once i go to heaven for turning these turban wearing guys into Christains....LOL

And then you have some who think Sikhi is all rules and rather join the team that doesn`t make you practice as hard and lets you get fat as you want.......we all been there once in our life.....let these guys have their fun......