Is This Right?

RanjeetSingh

I get how there are differentiating opinions of Arthi but this isnt Sikh there is No spiritual gains in throwing flowers or holds a fire/joth if people read Arthi they would see that it was written after he has obtained NAAM and was in Ustat (Praise) so what has this got to do with any physical ritual, as for Modern Nihang singhs there trying to do their best to uphold Guru Gobinds martial traditions, but are going at it from the wrong way around.

I’ll put a few statements out there for people and they can make their own minds up about it.

Do you believe Guru Nanak brought the message of God and was able to come and go from this material world and spiritual world freely?

Do you believe the message from Sat Guru is to be freed from the Grip of Kaam Kroad Loub Mou Hankar, which are the sole reason of Rebirth and Sin?

Do you believe the mind is Jooth Saroop (light form) and can travel back to Gods Land where you can meet and speak with gurus and prataan Gur Sikhs?

If the answer is no to any of these, but still believe in the traditions of Guru gobind singh then you’re not classified as Sikh.

If it’s Yes then our duty is not use our own Mat (understanding) on Divinity but to surrender ourselves to Sat Guru and follow the path which Guru feels fit for us.

• 1 month later...

This is unrelated but can't help but notice that in the first video notice how the Indian Nihangs have the Bani all Kanth(memorized), they are all reciting it. while the second video the UK Nihangs don't have such a small bani kanth which is part of Nihang daily routine. It's not just Nihangs, but this is true for pretty much all the Jathas I have seen. The Indian Jatha will always have more Bani Kanth than their western counter part. Wonder why it's so.

This is unrelated but can't help but notice that in the first video notice how the Indian Nihangs have the Bani all Kanth(memorized), they are all reciting it. while the second video the UK Nihangs don't have such a small bani kanth which is part of Nihang daily routine. It's not just Nihangs, but this is true for pretty much all the Jathas I have seen. The Indian Jatha will always have more Bani Kanth than their western counter part. Wonder why it's so.

I think it's probably because they don't want to make mistakes when reciting the bani, so they feel comfortable in holding and referencing their gutkas. I'd do the same if I was in their position.