Did You Know Every Donation To Darbar Sahib,sgpc Pays % Goes To Goi?

N30S1NGH

Did you know every donation to Darbar sahib,SGPC pays % goes to GOI?

(source:My divine brother- kamalroop singh posted this on the facebook, i thought i share:)

its called temple tax.

Bhai Mani Singh refused to pay taxed and was shahid and the SGPC annually pay a percentage from all donations to the GOI from Punjab Gurdware!

Please discuss?

I'm not surprised TBH... It's obvious that some if not most of the money goes to the government or some other anti sikh organisation. It would of been great if they actually used sangat's money to feed the poor, increase sikhi parchaar, help prisoners but clearly this isn't happening. All I see is sikhs fighting amongst sikhs, government killing sikhs and innocents dying. Outside Darbaar sahib you see liquor shops, missonary priests trying to convert helpless and uneducated sikhs into their religion etc. The amount of money that gets donated to darbaar sahib is immense and none of these problems are being tackled. Makes one think where does all this money go to?!

It would be best if you don't donate any money to these places unless you know where your daswand actually goes to.

The SGPC executive committee on Tuesday passed the annual budget without the approval of the general house, the first meeting of which has not yet been held due to legal wrangling on the sehajdhari issue.

The executive committee passed an annual budget of Rs 665 crore, which is Rs 8.54 crore more than the previous year's budget. Expenses till July 31 were approved.

665 crores is 83 million pounds...with 83 millions pounds they could plant millions of trees, educate, but all they do is pay politicians for their campaigns, and waste the money..............have you noticed their pot-bellies? It speaks more words that I can type!

SGPC formation was formalised by British. By law it comes under Government as DC of Amritsar has to inaugurate

its general house after elections since british time.

Now coming to percentage going to GOI, can you cite your source here. This is something new. If true it is very unfortunate

since as far as i remember its collection is not taxable and m,ost probably electricity and water is free.

http://www.allaboutsikhs.com/historical-events/sikh-history-sikh-gurdwaras-act-1925

S.G.P.C. only was entitled to change the percentage of dasvandh or share in the income of gurdwaras under its control ; government was to have no authority to interfere ; the S.G.P.C. was to be independent in apportioning the budget for religious preaching, charities, education, industry, etc

Source:Encyclopaedia of Sikhism - Harbans Singh

^ That doesn't say that there's no tax that goes to the GOI. I saw the status posted by K Singh as well, i'll PM him possibly and see if he has a source.

Anyways, we have to take back the SGPC from these masands. What they're doing with the money is filling up their pockets.

5377_SantSamajBadalAlliance.jpg

There was an election now.Congress tried its best to capture SGPC through its agents.

You need to go there and contribute.

Singh559 wrote

That doesn't say that there's no tax that goes to the GOI.

what does that mean? Tax goes to govt or does not go?

There was an election now.Congress tried its best to capture SGPC through its agents.

You need to go there and contribute.

Singh559 wrote

You use the word agent too freely. A part of being a Sikh isn't cowering and saying okay maybe this side is less bad than the congress. It's spitting the truth out on all sides, even if it means you won't get benefits of supporting thugs like badal, dhumma and makkari.

Dhumma and makkari are also agents, whether it is an agent of laalach or an agent of fanatical rss hindus.

Singh559 wrote

That means what you provided doesn't rule out that taxes go to the Indian government. What it says is quite clear, I don't think I have to break it down for you. :p

You use the word agent too freely. A part of being a Sikh isn't cowering and saying okay maybe this side is less bad than the congress. It's spitting the truth out on all sides, even if it means you won't get benefits of supporting thugs like badal, dhumma and makkari.

Dhumma and makkari are also agents, whether it is an agent of laalach or an agent of fanatical rss hindus

SGPC is elected by direct voting.Congress has been trying to gain control of sGPC ever since partition. these days they have their agents and touts who fought elections on panthic morcha platform and lost badly.

I am saying that even though aklai dal has many drwabacks they are far better than touts and pimps of congress. There is no harm in calling an agent an agent.

That means what you provided doesn't rule out that taxes go to the Indian government. What it says is quite clear, I don't think I have to break it down for you. :p

I am asking for a clarification and citing a source that SGPC administers its finances independent of Govt. It is for the poster of this news to provide his source. if you can help him i will be thankful. So what is your opinion Does SGPC give taxes to Govt.?

Can we stick to the thread and provide information related to it.