How To Reduce 20 Pounds In Few Weeks?

S1ngh

Bhaaji you need to do cardio, stick with 6 meal plan, make sure your taking in good calories. You don't realy need to go to the gym, going tell a quick example on cardio workout which should be done everyday.

Workout : Circuit

- Get yourself a Boxing jump rope, do 100 Skips

- Then do 10 Sit Ups

- 10 Jumpin Squats

- 10 Push Ups

As this is a Circuit you need keep on repeating this workout for and 1 hour, this is a one hour extreme session so remember after the workout drink 3 litres of water (Don't drink during workout).

This circuit should be done fast, you should be breathless and your heart should be pumping.

If you think its too much start with 20 mins and work yourself up to a hour everyday, you need to get your heart pumping.

This workout will help your cardiovascular.

If you feel fainty and you feel like being sick (immediately stop) that means your not eating the right foods, you need to eat good calories, so make sure 2 or 3 hours before your workout you eat something like Bran Flakes Cereal with some apples or Bananas.

In weeks you will see results, its all about commitment, organise you self a good timetable, you will loose weight fast.

very heavy weight training is the best way to lose fat , also check this out

http://bodyforlife.com

I would have to disagree with this statement. In my experience, when doing heavy lifting, you need to eat lots to keep your energy levels up and help the body recover. If you cut your calories and keep lifting heavy at the same time, chances of getting injured go up significantly.

Weight training can definitely assist in one's fitness goals but it does not need to be heavy. Circuits work best when it comes to loosing weight. You use light weights but are doing lots of work, using all big muscles of your body, for 50 or so minutes, keeps your heart rate up.

this is a one hour extreme session so remember after the workout drink 3 litres of water (Don't drink during workout).
:wow: 3 litres of water in one go?! Typically 3 litres is what is recommended for the whole day lo l

Weights are just not my thing... Maybe I'm too old for that...

I'm gonna start sugarless and healthy diet starting 2morrow :)

Thanks for all replies !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUvjXQHt6QQ

===

Lifting is good for fat loss even though your energy intake will increase. If you eat right it doesn't matter regardless so what you're saying (Twadi) is not correct at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUvjXQHt6QQ

===

Lifting is good for fat loss even though your energy intake will increase. If you eat right it doesn't matter regardless so what you're saying (Twadi) is not correct at all.

That man did not wake up one morning, start lifting heavy, and become muscular and shredded. First you har to bulk, then cut.

Unless you are a Hollywood actor and have nutritionists make your meal plans. Then it is possible to get big and lose fat at the same time. But for those who don't have nutritionists or live in chefs to make a perfectly balanced meal every time, it is very, very hard and requires a lot of time and dedication. It is easier to just bulk then cut. So Yes you can lift, but definitely not lift heavy if you are trying to lose weight.

Bot tha bloody hell ? Everybody seems to be giving the man food and cooking tips but nobody's actually answered the man's question. He wants to lose 20 pounds in a few weeks. Thats 'weeks' he said. Weeks !!!

Now....presumably the point of losing weight is the desire to be fit and healthy. Thus, it follows, that he should be advised to diet in a healthy and safe way also. Realistically then, dieting and excercising in a safe and responsible way, it will take him between 1.5 to 2 months to lose 20 pounds. Probably more though, once he hits that stumbling block after the shedding of the initial few pounds.

So....answer to your question mate = No. You can't lose that much in a few weeks without causing risk to your well-being.

So....answer to your question mate = No. You can't lose that much in a few weeks without causing risk to your well-being.
I would disagree. If you are spot on with your diet, you can safely loose 2lbs per week. This can be done in phases where you follow a strict diet for 4-6 weeks, loose 8-12 lbs. Then you follow a 'good enough' diet for a couple of weeks where you maintain your current weight. Then you do another 4-6 week session of the strict diet and loose another 8-12lbs.

I am not just saying that by reading articles etc. I have tried this myself and it worked quite wonderfully for me. I did loose 2lbs per week consistently. Granted the diet itself was quite tough to carry out, but the results were there. I used the concept of carb cycling in this diet. I think I will open a new thread and post the diet here for others to see.

Edit: Posted. http://www.sikhsangat.com/Index.php?/topic/66456-carb-cycling-diet-i-have-used-in-the-past-to-loose-fat/

I would disagree. If you are spot on with your diet, you can safely loose 2lbs per week.

Well. Even with your incredible and unsusual success rate it took nearly 3 months to lose 20 lbs, so if anything I've been conservative with my estimate of 1.5 to 2 months. Thing is....without knowing someone....knowing their physical condition....knowing their health history etc...you should not be advising them to embark on crash diets and strenuous excercise. Whats good for the goose is not always good for the gander. Thus, the advice to the fella should be a realistic advice. In realist terms, if he's as fit and healthy as you it will take him 3 months to lose 20lbs, but if he's just an average bloke it will, realistically, take him several months.