How To Reduce 20 Pounds In Few Weeks?

Weights are just not my thing... Maybe I'm too old for that...

I'm gonna start sugarless and healthy diet starting 2morrow :)

Thanks for all replies !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUvjXQHt6QQ

===

Lifting is good for fat loss even though your energy intake will increase. If you eat right it doesn't matter regardless so what you're saying (Twadi) is not correct at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUvjXQHt6QQ

===

Lifting is good for fat loss even though your energy intake will increase. If you eat right it doesn't matter regardless so what you're saying (Twadi) is not correct at all.

That man did not wake up one morning, start lifting heavy, and become muscular and shredded. First you har to bulk, then cut.

Unless you are a Hollywood actor and have nutritionists make your meal plans. Then it is possible to get big and lose fat at the same time. But for those who don't have nutritionists or live in chefs to make a perfectly balanced meal every time, it is very, very hard and requires a lot of time and dedication. It is easier to just bulk then cut. So Yes you can lift, but definitely not lift heavy if you are trying to lose weight.

Bot tha bloody hell ? Everybody seems to be giving the man food and cooking tips but nobody's actually answered the man's question. He wants to lose 20 pounds in a few weeks. Thats 'weeks' he said. Weeks !!!

Now....presumably the point of losing weight is the desire to be fit and healthy. Thus, it follows, that he should be advised to diet in a healthy and safe way also. Realistically then, dieting and excercising in a safe and responsible way, it will take him between 1.5 to 2 months to lose 20 pounds. Probably more though, once he hits that stumbling block after the shedding of the initial few pounds.

So....answer to your question mate = No. You can't lose that much in a few weeks without causing risk to your well-being.

So....answer to your question mate = No. You can't lose that much in a few weeks without causing risk to your well-being.
I would disagree. If you are spot on with your diet, you can safely loose 2lbs per week. This can be done in phases where you follow a strict diet for 4-6 weeks, loose 8-12 lbs. Then you follow a 'good enough' diet for a couple of weeks where you maintain your current weight. Then you do another 4-6 week session of the strict diet and loose another 8-12lbs.

I am not just saying that by reading articles etc. I have tried this myself and it worked quite wonderfully for me. I did loose 2lbs per week consistently. Granted the diet itself was quite tough to carry out, but the results were there. I used the concept of carb cycling in this diet. I think I will open a new thread and post the diet here for others to see.

Edit: Posted. http://www.sikhsangat.com/Index.php?/topic/66456-carb-cycling-diet-i-have-used-in-the-past-to-loose-fat/

I would disagree. If you are spot on with your diet, you can safely loose 2lbs per week.

Well. Even with your incredible and unsusual success rate it took nearly 3 months to lose 20 lbs, so if anything I've been conservative with my estimate of 1.5 to 2 months. Thing is....without knowing someone....knowing their physical condition....knowing their health history etc...you should not be advising them to embark on crash diets and strenuous excercise. Whats good for the goose is not always good for the gander. Thus, the advice to the fella should be a realistic advice. In realist terms, if he's as fit and healthy as you it will take him 3 months to lose 20lbs, but if he's just an average bloke it will, realistically, take him several months.

^ Point taken.

Perhaps I was not clear, the diet I posted is not for S1ngh specifically but rather what I have followed in the past to reach my fat loss goals. I simply thought of sharing it with others. For S1ngh, a balanced diet with regular exercise would be step # 1. We can then take it further from there. So I guess your estimate of 3 months to loose 20lbs is likely true for most :)

I am only sharing my own experience with fat loss. It goes with out saying that not everyone will have the same experience.

When I did this, I only needed to loose about 10 lbs, I lost that in 5 weeks flat. I probably would have reached my goal in 4 weeks but I was sick for 4 days in the middle. So I do believe that if you stick to a good diet and exercise regime without a break, then you can loose 20 lbs in 8-10 weeks. I know of others who have done this. So I do not believe it is unrealistic, a bit optimistic perhaps for some. Having said that, by no means is an easy diet to follow, I had tough times myself when I did this.

PS. I think I should start writing a disclaimer in all my posts from now on. "These are simply my experiences and opinions, please do not assume you will have a similar experience. Please consult with your physician before embarking on any fitness program" :)

• 8 months later...

You need to do hard weight loss exercises along with a strict diet plan to lose your 20 pounds in a few weeks.

Do cardio workout such as jogging, running, swimming, cycling, push ups, pull ups daily for at least one a hour.

In diet you should focus more on veggies diet and water diet.