Geography Of Proposed Sikh State

Guest CuriousAboutSikhi

Guest CuriousAboutSikhi

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

I would just like to ask about the borders of a future Sikh nation if it where to exist. Many people include the whole of Himachal Pradesh as well as Haryana and parts of Rajasthan. Some maps even include Delhi. For those of you that support the formation of Khalistan, would you just like the current Indian state of Punjab to secede from India or would you like these other areas as well, despite them having a majority Hindu population. Also, from both a Sikh and Punjabi nationalist point of view, why is their no agitation to include West Punjab i.e. Pakistani Punjab into the proposed new nation. Would you not like to include Nankana Sahib in the new nation, as well as cities like Lahore which have a lot of historical significance.

There is no doubt that human rights abuses take place in India, but should there not also be action or protests against Pakistan and their treatment of minorities. Or do you remain silent over the issue because you need the support of the Pakistani government for any activity against India. Surely you should campaign for the inclusion of the Sikhs in Pakistan and West Punjab in to a future state of Khalistan, yet I only see you protesting against the Indian government and I always see a lot of hatred for India.

I am not trying to stir up hatred toward any group. I am just curious to why certain areas of India where there is not a Sikh majority are included in your proposed state, whereas areas of Pakistan where Sikhs exist but are in minority are not.