Why Are So Many Moderate Sikhs Against Khalistan

hgsingh

Many (moderate or non moderate) are against Khalistan because-

1. the sikh movement was not effectively controlled or led which led to comman man suffering either at the hands of PP or at the hands of "fake" khalistanis.

2. many believe that this all started with some demands e.g. anand karaj act, punjab waters etc but due to poor decisions taken by some leaders we have now more issues at our hands e.g. delhi riots/massacre all over india, large scale disappearances in punjab.

for example-

Stand off between Bhindrawale and Indira Gandhi @ the holiest Sikh Shrine

led to

Indira gandhi shot dead by sikh guards

led to

delhi riots

led to

thousands of innocents massacred!!!!!

led to

thousands of disappearances in Punjab state!!!

one things leading to other and who is suffering?

3. Punjab suffered immensely during those days and people don't want those dark days to come back. Either it was fear of police or "fake"/true khalistanis knocking on their doors in the middle of the night leading to a full fledged encounter.

4. they believe khalistan is NOT a possibility in this day and age and will lead to blood shed or those residing in punjab. NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO PEOPLE WHO SHOUT FROM ABROAD! when we had time to grab our share of land our leaders sold us to Nehru and others.

5. Just had a discussion with a retd Major gen Indian army- it is not easy to face them without proper training and resources. he said that if a group of people believe that can do that (obviously referring to Sant Bhidranwale) the end result will be more and more corpses being pulled out of debris.

6. Many believe they can solve many issues by sitting on table with the CENTRE (delhi govt). e.g. anand karaj act. they believe all the issues will be solved slowly but fighting against Indian govt. no question?

Finally they don't trust people shouting Khalistan any more...mostly doing from foreign nations living luxirious life styles and trying to get others in front of the guns.

thousands of innocents massacred!!!!!

thousands of disappearances in Punjab state!!!

fear of police or "fake" khalistanis knocking on their doors in the middle of the night leading to a full fledged encounter.

will lead to blood shed or those residing in punjab. NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO PEOPLE WHO SHOUT FROM ABROAD!

Ek0sikh is saying, if some Sikhs ask for Khalistan rather than live as slaves under the Brahmin/central government controlled Police and Army in the Punjab, the central govt brahmins are black mailing us even today, in that, Ek0Sikh is saying that they will rape and kill innocent Sikh Girls, Sikh Boys, Sikh Women and Murder Sikh Men, AGAIN!. Like the rest of us EkOsikh admits that india raped and murdered Sikh Children, Women and Men (.25 million) back in the 80s and 90s because they wanted the Sikhs to remain as their slaves. Ekosikh is just saying that the indian/Brahmin government are still rappist and murderers in waiting and that we should be very careful and get much more organised before we try and fight our way out of this exploitation and slavery as otherwise he fully believes that the indian govt/brahmins will kill even more innocent Sikhs!

"we can't run a Gurdwara, how are we going to run Khalistan?"

really annoys me when you hear this absurd statement over and over again, the lack of intelligence and shear ignorance of some people is unbelievable..

So how did 500+ Gurudwaras outside of Panjab pop up with ZERO outside funding?

Funded by people with ZERO management skills- majority straight out the pind, who came here with ZERO money, many spoke ZERO english

Neasden mandhir received so much money from india, tell me which Gurudwara received money from India? ZERO

Mosques have over 35 NATIONS with GDP (in billions of $) to promote islam.. we are technically Gulam, with ZERO GDP, yet we have Gurdwara in every major town and City.

The Bottom line is, yes there may have been the odd tiff between Sikhs, yes, there are issues with marayada we don't see eye to eye on, but tell me one thing...

Which Sikh jathabandhi has Burnt Maharaaj Saroops? Which Sikh jathabandhi has raped our sisters? Which Sikh Jathaebandhi has burnt our turbans? .. the ANSWER is NONE... and India has done them over and over..

Yet you gutless people rather chose to live under these butchers and rapists as 3rd class citizens, than face the challenge of uniting few different sikhi schools of thought.

How can you compare the two???

its the weak minded, pea brained m0rons who come up with these pathetic arguments..

really annoys me when you hear this absurd statement over and over again, the lack of intelligence and shear ignorance of some people is unbelievable..

So how did 500+ Gurudwaras outside of Panjab pop up with ZERO outside funding?

Funded by people with ZERO management skills- majority straight out the pind, who came here with ZERO money, many spoke ZERO english

Neasden mandhir received so much money from india, tell me which Gurudwara received money from India? ZERO

Mosques have over 35 NATIONS with GDP (in billions of $) to promote islam.. we are technically Gulam, with ZERO GDP, yet we have Gurdwara in every major town and City.

The Bottom line is, yes there may have been the odd tiff between Sikhs, yes, there are issues with marayada we don't see eye to eye on, but tell me one thing...

Which Sikh jathabandhi has Burnt Maharaaj Saroops? Which Sikh jathabandhi has raped our sisters? Which Sikh Jathaebandhi has burnt our turbans? .. the ANSWER is NONE... and India has done them over and over..

Yet you gutless people rather chose to live under these butchers and rapists as 3rd class citizens, than face the challenge of uniting few different sikhi schools of thought.

its the weak minded, pea brained m0rons who come up with these pathetic arguments..

bro look @ wat i wrote on the previous page, i too hate the crappy "we can't run a Gurdwara, how are we going to run Khalistan?" rant

Maharaja Ranjit Singh's empire was far more vast than any potential Khalistan would be. If Khalistan does become a reality, its border would essentially be the Indian state of Punjab. It would be a tiny, tiny country with all sorts of limitations.

And yet today, Khalistan in its present Panjab would be bigger than almost 50 countries around the world. Out of about 184 countries, you looking at 35% of them being smaller, and fucntioning quite well i may add.

Bro, the gurdwara is the result of a collective group effort by sikhs on a micro scale of self-management by the sikh communutiy. That is why wherever issues like Khalistan, or even recently the fiasco over the Sikh Council Uk, makes people aware that we have little or no cohesion in terms of thought, action and result.

Running a country would be an effort on a macro scale.

Its like saying, if a man cant even run his own house, how he gonna run a business/club/country etc.

And yet today, Khalistan in its present Panjab would be bigger than almost 50 countries around the world. Out of about 184 countries, you looking at 35% of them being smaller, and fucntioning quite well i may add.

Chatanga, I know that Khalsitan is going to be bigger than some countries. However, I never knew that it's going to be the 51st biggest country out of 185 world wide. It's really good when you hear it expressed the way you have expressed it !

Bro, the gurdwara is the result of a collective group effort by sikhs on a micro scale of self-management by the sikh communutiy. That is why wherever issues like Khalistan, or even recently the fiasco over the Sikh Council Uk, makes people aware that we have little or no cohesion in terms of thought, action and result.

Running a country would be an effort on a macro scale.

Its like saying, if a man cant even run his own house, how he gonna run a business/club/country etc.

Yes, but this is just drag back type of comments. 'naa mu naa sir type gallan'. Another one is that Singhs are incapable of ruling. Thats another one you hear around Gurdwara commitees. The fact is all communities have differences of thought, faith and political affiliation. Do you think that the white English race is all totally united on every issue? Of course not. They are much more divided than Sikhs are.

The difference is that other communities can ride these differences because there are appropriate structures in place to do so.... ie government and election systems for example. Thats why governments based on the charisma and leadership of one individual are doomed to fail as soon as that one individual is gone.

There will always be differences and disunity... the question is, have appropriate structures, institutions and infrastructures been set up in order to ride these differences and still allow basic functions to be carried out.

There will always be differences and disunity... the question is, have appropriate structures, institutions and infrastructures been set up in order to ride these differences and still allow basic functions to be carried out.

The issue is that when these differences go to the absolute core of what it means to be a Sikh - and how people define what a true Sikh is and what a true Sikh should and should not do (in it's simplest terms) - can those who will have the responsibility of leading us find it within themselves to agree to disagree and reach a concensus?

The issue is that when these differences go to the absolute core of what it means to be a Sikh - and how people define what a true Sikh is and what a true Sikh should and should not do (in it's simplest terms) - can those who will have the responsibility of leading us find it within themselves to agree to disagree and reach a concensus?

well I would say that where there are strongly entrenched and opposing views, with both sides thinking that their view is correct, and holds monopoly in the divine court, a good leader would have to do exactly that