uksinghni

This is just one step towards cleansing our Sukham (part of our soul)... by feeding ourselves food that our body needs rather than what we desire...

and there's less than 15 hours to go... so make sure you fill up your cupboards/ fridges with suitable alternatives...

Just to add to my earlier post, my motivation is a spiritual one, and so this will just be one aspect of working towards achieving that... I am also hoping to create a network of like minded people to support each other with their sikhi, so increasing the amount of gurbani we feed ourselves, by reciting, listening, understanding so eventually we reach that point where we are applying.

Breakfast ....if your stuck for a healthy breakfast you might like to try what i am having...

Ingredients:

rolled oats (i use Quaker) about 4-5 heaped tablespoons (this may not look like much, don't be tempted to fill the bowl)

raisins (i get the big plump ones and add about 12) - although you could use other dry fruit like sultanas, chopped up dates, apricots

honey (about a quarter of a teaspoon) - optional

milk (i used skimmed)

milled seeds (i use Linwoods milled flax, sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds and goji berries) - optional but good for you

Instructions:

step 1: add the oats, then raisins and honey into a microwavable bowl (in this order, so oats first, honey last)

step 2: pour milk over the dry ingredients, so it just about covers it

step 3: microwave on full power for approximately 90 seconds/ 1 and half minutes

step 4: stir the ingredients so it's all mixed in

step 5: microwave on full power for another 60 seconds / 1 minute (microwaves will vary so you may have to adjust the timing)

step 6: add the milled seeds (1 heaped tablespoon) and stir

step 7: leave to cool for 1-2 minutes before serving and enjoy!