uksinghni

I'm huge pizza fan and I solely blame pizza for my bad shape lol..

Typical slice of pizza is about 300calories that is if we don't order extra stuff on it.

Once in a month it is all good however I am 100% avoiding two stuff... pizza and soda.

Good stuff on ur healthy breakfast and lunch !!!

A detox is when you give up certain foods (or could be alcohol if this is consumed) for a short period of time, like 2-7 days maximum, you follow a very simple diet (usually plenty of water, fruit, raw vegetables etc). The idea is that it cleanses the insides (although I don't think it's been scientifically proven) and we didn't do a detox because we are following a balanced diet that includes all food groups. What we are trying to do is reduce the bad fats and make healthier choices. I am trying to cut out as much processed food as I can.

s1ngh from what you have said so far, I don't think you have just put weight on by eating pizza. I just don't think you have always made nutritious food choices and you mentioned missing breakfast and not being so active, I think this would have contributed. I think it would be wise to cut out coke but your choice.

This will be my goal healthy meal a day with hopes of getting lean and gaining a little strength/muscle. Most of this is already my schedule, I just need to eat it more often and in an organized/consistent manner. I'm 20 (21 in June) and I think the last year it's possible for me to grow is up to 21. I'm almost 5 10 and am around 70kg (155 lbs) looking to put on some strength as I think i'm too skinny.

Morning:

Breakfast main meal: White bread (will try to buy barley or whole grain bread as i like it better and it's healthier) with nutella or peanut butter

Drink: Water

Snack: a fiber bar

---

Lunch: (in class)

Main meal: Moongi di daal/massarani di daal/chollay sabji (or any daal)/bardian (soy beans) with either roti or bread (white/barley/wholegrain) or rice (white/brown). (I actually cook so any suggestions for recipe and other daalan that are healthy are most welcome)

Drink after workout: Water mixed with an ON protein shake (eggless). I'm going to try to limit protein intake from protein powder because it will effect your liver in long term. I'm not sure how many grams i'm going to do a day, i'm assuming 20 grams a day after a workout is okay.

Other drink: Gatorade or lemonade (lemonade home made desi scanjvi :) )

Alternative meal: White bread sandwich (or barley/whole) with pickles, honey mustard sauce, some paneer/cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, (sometimes pink ganday) and some lemon black pepper topping.

After workout meal: Peanut butter sandwich.

Snack: Peanut butter sandwich and/or a bar.

Evening:

Main meal: Moongi di daal/massaran di daal/chollay sabji (or any other daal)/bardian. Again, with roti or bread or rice (white/brown). The roti that I buy is ready made out of flour (not too healthy) so i'm leaning towards the whole wheat or barley much more.

Other drink: Gatorade or lemonade

Snack/alternative meal after dinner: White bread sandwich (or barley/whole) with pickles, honey mustard sauce, some paneer/cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, (sometimes pink ganday) and some lemon black pepper topping. Or a peanut butter sandwich.

~~~~~~~~

Other Snacks:

Costco Kirkland Signature Milk Chocolate Almonds

Dry tea cookies

Cant think of any more

----

I've cut out a lot of coke and will be trying to cut it out for good.

A question to the vitamin experts: I bought 180 tablets of Multi-V. Is it safe to take these once a day or once every other day, if it is do you think it will help? Here's the label of the multi vitamins:

multi-v-nutrition-facts.gif

Something i'm thinking of getting into is green teas and herbal teas. Not cha as I'm not a big cha drinker. Only time I drink it is when it's made and i'm on a trip to Punjab, even then I usually try to decline.