uksinghni

You might want to decrease the amount of bread. Too much bread will lead to excess carbohydrate stored as fat. Also, no gatorade, has a lot of salt and stuff and is unnessecary if you're not doing sports.

Try to get some more high protein foods in there. I don't know the exact amount of protein in daal and stuff, but you should be consuming approximately 1 g protein per pound of bodyweight. So try and eat some nuts and stuff during the day. They are high in protein and full of good fats (the kinds you need)

Guest RavindaSingh

What did you have for breakfast and lunch?

I had oatmeal with flaked almonds on with a banana afterwards

Then for a snack two clementines and water

For lunch I had a cucumber and cheese sandwich in linseed bread

( the bread with bits in it ) it's meant to be really good. And an apple

Gurfateh jee

This is great, I think we are starting to get a few more participants so I would like to take a register and a few more details, providing people are happy to do so. This will be used to keep track of progress, more importantly... I think if we know who is actively involved and their ambitions or goals we can try to offer more support as a group. I know as the original poster, I started off really well but then after a while started slacking, so even I need a push from time to time.

SS Username - Age group (16-21/ 21-26/ 27-31/ 31-36/ 37+) - Gender - [Weight kg/ Height/ BMI (all optional)] - Country - Goals (reasons optional) - Excercise programme (current) - any other comments

For me, this would be:

uksinghni - 27-31 - female - BMI = 20 (Healthy for my age range and geneder) - England - Healthy well balanced diet, increase on homemade fresh foods and cut out on chocolates and biscuits etc (my food goal is to eat a simple well balanced diet for both health and spirital reasons), fitness, tone and strength (add muscle mass through fitness programme and clearly not all goals will be met at the same time but includes longer term goals) - Occasional bike ride, no fixed programme - other comments: amritdhari so strict vegetarian diet and i don't eat out at all, difficult to have a set fitness programme at the moment due to work commitments but could have a more flexible one.

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Off topic question to UK sangat reading this thread ... i mentioned earlier that once this programme was under way i would be looking to set up a group of people who want to progress and are committed to developing in their sikhi. I have aimed this at UK sangat because of the time differences between zones. If anyone is interested then either let me know (if you have an account send me an instant message and i will be in touch) and if there are enough people interested i will set up a new thread under the appropriate heading.

............................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thanks.

Singh559 - 16-21 - Male - [70.3 kg/5 ft 9" (last a checked a couple years ago)/22.9] - USA - Eat healthy and gain the right kind of weight through exercise for overall fitness. Boxing jump rope, general lifting and road biking over the summer when I'm home.

Had full-pledged breakfast and day is going really good.

one question.. what exactly is detox? Is it like take it out of our body system and never to intake it again? let say in my case 'coke' ?

:nono: What kind of 'coke', Singh Ji? And I hope you mean Pepsi or Coca Cola.....

I'm doing well at the moment. The paltry amount of exercise I'm doing at the moment tires me out very quickly. But it feels good to stretch my legs. My food intake is sorted so no issues on that front.

It's all fine and dandy that folks want to eat healthy but don't let it take over your life. A vast majority of folks best serve themselves and others by keeping things in balance.

I have been through a phase where I was on a super strict diet and became the fittest I have even been in this life yet. (Being able to sustain an average heart rate of 165bpm for 50mins is fairly high on the fitness scale) However, I realized that it was impacting my relations with parents, siblings and friends as they did not follow as strict of a diet as myself. Mind you, they eat fairly healthy but do indulge a little from time to time. After giving it some thought, I came to realize that those relations were quite important. I concluded it was silly for me to put a strain on them because of my strict diet. So now I do indulge with them and keep my exercise routine up. I am just as healthy as I was before all the while enjoy bonding with people close to me.

No one needs to tell me that indian sweets are extremely unhealthy, I know full well what I am eating :)

It's all fine and dandy that folks want to eat healthy but don't let it take over your life. A vast majority of folks best serve themselves and others by keeping things in balance.

I agree, you should enjoy a little in moderation. Keep it healthy though. :p