uksinghni

Today, I mostly ate saag with makki di roti.

Tomorrow, I will mostly be eating leftover saag.

The day after, assuming there's no more leftover saag for my wife to ram down my throat, I shall be having homemade paneer, spiced and stuffed inside large tomatoes.

For desert, each day, I have peleh wala dhayi.

I am working on a thesis and apart from the 4 hours I sleep i am spending 20 hours each night and day say in my chair. I am not yet looking fat but i don't mind telling you all I am feeling extremely fat. Once this is all done, in a few weeks time, I will no doubt eat some more saag before going to the gym. In the evening, when i come back, i have no doubt my wife will feed me saag.

It's all fine and dandy that folks want to eat healthy but don't let it take over your life. A vast majority of folks best serve themselves and others by keeping things in balance.

I have been through a phase where I was on a super strict diet and became the fittest I have even been in this life yet. (Being able to sustain an average heart rate of 165bpm for 50mins is fairly high on the fitness scale) However, I realized that it was impacting my relations with parents, siblings and friends as they did not follow as strict of a diet as myself. Mind you, they eat fairly healthy but do indulge a little from time to time. After giving it some thought, I came to realize that those relations were quite important. I concluded it was silly for me to put a strain on them because of my strict diet. So now I do indulge with them and keep my exercise routine up. I am just as healthy as I was before all the while enjoy bonding with people close to me.

No one needs to tell me that indian sweets are extremely unhealthy, I know full well what I am eating :)

First of all, I dont like eating somosas or onion bharjees or indian sweets ... i dont like deep fried, spicy food... so im happy not toeat it.

Secondly, this change is not 'for me' is not just about being eating heathly food

Thirdly, I dont have any issues with relations eating different food (i have been eating whatever i want since the ages of 16, i have been buying and eating my own food... i dont eat with family so i have no problems upsetting anyone).

Firstly, I'm not sure why you have taken my comments so personally, I was merely trying to get a general point across.

Secondly, I will have sholey poori this weekend

Thirdly, I will finish it off with more besan di barfi :biggrin2:

Edit: FOURTHLY! I will have a fun time eating all this food with my family :happy2:

I think one can eat unhealthy food once in a while only if they are going to work it out in gym to get it out of their system.

My Past whole week, I had mostly all three meals home cooked. All of them are green vegetables (Palak, squash, green beans, eggplant and dals)... all of them without strong oily tarka. So far no soda and less sugar in other stuff. This coming week, I will be hitting treadmill.

I think one can eat unhealthy food once in a while only if they are going to work it out in gym to get it out of their system.

My Past whole week, I had mostly all three meals home cooked. All of them are green vegetables (Palak, squash, green beans, eggplant and dals)... all of them without strong oily tarka. So far no soda and less sugar in other stuff. This coming week, I will be hitting treadmill.

Good luck, brother. That's actually a pretty major step.

Gurfateh jee

Someone was asking about receipes... I made 'curry' once with mushroom and potato instead of pokarai and it came out really nice, served with rice. You have to have a lot of time on your hands because it takes a long time to cook.

I hope your change is going well singh559... I decided to stop posting to this thread on a regular basis as it seems as though there's not that many people that want to be involved after all.

Fateh All,

I have been eating sensibly except last sunday when I attended Manchester Nagar Kirtan and pigged out on the chana, bhatoores. I have started eating rotiyan again but I eat only 2 at 6pm. Max roti intake per day is about three. My exercising regime has been good. Had a tough personal training session yesterday and I have a circuits class tonight.

Weight wise, I see the weight going down slowly. I have avoided weighing myself because my Personal Training sessions end in 1.5 weeks and I want to weigh myself then. Only reason to post here is so that I can look forward to posting better updates every other week.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Balait.

I made rice the other day, I used Delia Smith's recipe from BBC and adapted it. Here it is:

• Use a large pan which allows you to spread the rice evenly
  • Heat pan and put some oil in it
  • Put some jeera, bayleaf,lachiya,cloves and roughly chopped onions in the oil and cook but dont brown the onions
  • Put one bowl of rice in the pan and make sure you stir the rice so that all grains are covered in oil
  • Have some water boiling at this stage and pour the water in the pan.
  • One final stir and then cover the pan with a lid.
  • Cook for 20 mins on low heat (don't lift the lid)
  • When the rice are cooked and the water is gone, cover the pan with a clean cloth and put the lid back on.
  • After 10 mins serve

http://www.deliaonli...rfect-rice.html

Gurfateh jee

Someone was asking about receipes... I made 'curry' once with mushroom and potato instead of pokarai and it came out really nice, served with rice. You have to have a lot of time on your hands because it takes a long time to cook.

I hope your change is going well singh559... I decided to stop posting to this thread on a regular basis as it seems as though there's not that many people that want to be involved after all.

Thank you change is going quite well and the schedule's "in" and i'm comfortable with it. Have a wide array of daalan (moongi, chana, masaran, kaalay cholay, white chollay ect) and some barian. Plenty of protein there with peanutbutter sandwiches, vege sandwich with lettuce, tomato, cheese, cucumber, 1000 island dressing. Occasionally have rice and nutella sandwiches. I used to make a lot of potato sabji, might start again to increase callory intake .