Sant Katha End Of The World

matey123

Remember our dharam is different to semitic religions (Islam, Christianity and Judaism). They are more concerned with end times theories because it has a lot of importance for them. Christians and Muslims believe in a final day called the day of judgement in which the dead will be raised and judged according to their actions and then sent either heaven or hell. All three semitic religions are also waiting for a messiah or the mahdi or the return of Jesus. The return of the messiah I believe will take place in the end times I believe.

However, Gurmat does not mention the end times. Gurmat believes in the reincarnation of the soul. We are not awaiting a messiah to lead us or the end times. This age is known as Kaljug (dark age). This age will be difficult especially those that for those that desire to walk on the path to God.

The union between the soul and God takes place within. Our messiah is already here, dhan dhan sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. We should adopt Guru Granth Sahib ji as our Guru through which we can realise our dream of meeting Akal Purakh.

If the world does end that does not mean the end of us. This is not the only world in the universe, there are countless worlds like this, they are called karam bhoomi's - areas in which the actions are judged. Our soul cannot be destroyed, it will be transferred to another life form depending on our past actions.

Whether the world is going end in 5 years or 5 billion years our ultimate goal of meeting with our Dyaal Purakh Meharvaana (the Merciful all pervading Lord) remains the same. We must strive to make as much spiritual progress in this life as possible. If the world is going to end soon then we must do as much simran and Gurbani paath as possible. Ultimately, we will all have to go to the court of sri Dharam Rai.

Lets fill up our bank accounts with Naam and Gurbani.

Satguru Mehar Karan!

but guys, then wat about kalki avtar or the possible return of guru gobind singh (i think) that ppl talk bowt. also when will there b 96 crore (960m) khalsa in the world? any ideas gang? Also i dont understand, so we DONT believe in the world ever ending or do we?

Yes, I've heard about that but isn't that more of a Hindu thing? I could be wrong as I've not really looked into the issue of Kalki.

As for the return of Guru Ji, some might say he doesn't have to return as he's already amongst us and we just have to develop the eyes to see him.

http://raagionline.c..._bb3f28832.html

Giani Thakur Singh Ji is explaining about end of this world. He is not specifically talking about 2012 but that period is close. End of world does not mean that there will be nothing, it's just the change in the way of life and nature. Like we even see today the changes in the weather, global warming, winter, summers getting postponed. God always keeps seed of everything. People who are close to God will survive. He insists on doing Simran and practicing Gurbani. I've also heard from a chardikala gurmukh pyara that due to the beadbi of our sikh scriptures and Gurbani, there will be one day when the Gurbani will vanish, disappear from the Granths and Gutkas. We would be able to recite only that much bani which we had kanth. There'll be no technology, no cell phones, no electricity, nothing, everything will go back to the old times. I forgot the granth's name that gurmukh pyara told me where Guru sahib has written, "kalyug meh satyug vartaaon"...there will be a short time period of satyug in kalyug. Another gurmukh said like people nowadays are selfish and kalyugi, doesn't have time to socialize like innocent people used to do in olden days. So now the time will come when this selfishness will be washed away, coz there will be no modern technologies/westernization that give birth to sins and paps, they'll have no choice, instead to be co-operative, true and friendly to each other with pure heart.

So I think there won't be the end of world, but the change in the world. Satguru ji beant ne, ona da bhed koi ni pa sakda. Oh apni mauj vich kuch vi kar sakde ne.

"but guys, then wat about kalki avtar or the possible return of guru gobind singh (i think) that ppl talk bowt. also when will there b 96 crore (960m) khalsa in the world? any ideas gang? Also i dont understand, so we DONT believe in the world ever ending or do we?"

RebelSingh ji,

Of course we believe in the end of the world. There is a pankti in Gurbani that says everything that we see with our eyes will finish/end ang 723:

Banḏe cẖasam ḏīḏaʼn fanā▫e.

O human being, whatever you can see with your eyes, shall perish.

However the soul remains. When we expire our soul may be transferred to another kharam bhoomi and again our karams (actions) will be judged. Ultimately we want to meet Akal Purakh. Only those who have done enough kamai (work) i.e. simran of Naam, Gurbani Paath and keep Rehit will have darshan (sight) of Akal Purakh.

Our dharam does not preach waiting for a messiah to save us. In fact we have to save ourselves. Nobody else can do the hard work for us. People are mentioning sri Guru Gobind Singh ji returning but do we not already have a Guru? Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji gave the gaddi of Guruship to dhan dhan sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. We already have a living Guru. We are not awaiting a messiah to deliver us, the messiah is already here, it is called Gurbani.

If Guru Gobind Singh ji does return that does not mean we will automatically go to Sachkhand or get mukhti (liberation). If sri Guru Gobind Singh ji does return than we better be the best Gursikhs we can be ie tons of Gurbani paath, Naam Simran and keeping Rehit, abstaining from 4 bajjer kurehits (4 cardinal sins) and giving Daswandh (10% of earnings).

With the kirpa (grace) of Akal Purakh we can meet our Preetam Pyara.

"but guys, then wat about kalki avtar or the possible return of guru gobind singh (i think) that ppl talk bowt. also when will there b 96 crore (960m) khalsa in the world? any ideas gang? Also i dont understand, so we DONT believe in the world ever ending or do we?"

RebelSingh ji,

Of course we believe in the end of the world. There is a pankti in Gurbani that says everything that we see with our eyes will finish/end ang 723:

Banḏe cẖasam ḏīḏaʼn fanā▫e.

O human being, whatever you can see with your eyes, shall perish.

However the soul remains. When we expire our soul may be transferred to another kharam bhoomi and again our karams (actions) will be judged. Ultimately we want to meet Akal Purakh. Only those who have done enough kamai (work) i.e. simran of Naam, Gurbani Paath and keep Rehit will have darshan (sight) of Akal Purakh.

Our dharam does not preach waiting for a messiah to save us. In fact we have to save ourselves. Nobody else can do the hard work for us. People are mentioning sri Guru Gobind Singh ji returning but do we not already have a Guru? Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji gave the gaddi of Guruship to dhan dhan sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. We already have a living Guru. We are not awaiting a messiah to deliver us, the messiah is already here, it is called Gurbani.

If Guru Gobind Singh ji does return that does not mean we will automatically go to Sachkhand or get mukhti (liberation). If sri Guru Gobind Singh ji does return than we better be the best Gursikhs we can be ie tons of Gurbani paath, Naam Simran and keeping Rehit, abstaining from 4 bajjer kurehits (4 cardinal sins) and giving Daswandh (10% of earnings).

With the kirpa (grace) of Akal Purakh we can meet our Preetam Pyara.

i had always thought that this world never started, and never would finish! or am i confusing that with god?

also since u seem more intelligent than most ppl ive encountered on this forum (no shame in that), can u tell me, wen the world did begin, wat r sikhs beliefs on whether we were monkeys, then developed slowly into humans, and did we all originate from africa?

and lastly wen will kalyug finish, and the nxt phase begin? coz this world is DISGUSTING paaji! in the Dasam Granth, it clearly says in the worst period of kalyug, family members will start havin sex together (joseph fritzel/all those sexually abusive uncles).

This is actually a very interesting topic and before I continue happy Vaisakhi to all my beloved Sikhsangat website family here, the admin, moderators, visitors and all. Vaisakhi is so profound that every year I understand less and less of it because I realise it is a big mystery of which we know only a few bits. There is far more to this mahan blessing of Vaisakhi than meets the eye! I get glimpses of this mystery when I go through and contemplate on the many works of Bhai Sahib Bhai Randheer Singh that touch on Amrit as well as the various parts of Spirit of The Sikh by Puran Singh, amongst others. A very good inspiring new book I would recommend is THE KHALSA by Prithipal Singh Kapur and Dharam Singh. My dearest ‘gang’ and ‘mates’, all veerjees, bhenjees, bhrajees, matajees, and pitajees, bhai sahibs, please accept my humble online offerings of jalebis, gobi pakoras, paneer samosas, and ladoos to all of you on Vaisakhi! Haha, not to forget khoa barfee, gulab jamuns, pinnia, mehsoo. kalakand, and vesan.

In my earlier years I was always very curious about the issue of the end of the world. And there are numerous accounts in Sau Sakhi, and other puratan granths on this as well as kathas by sants on this topic, some of which conflict and some of which concur. However, as the years have passed, truth within seems to encourage me to focus on the Now. There is an old katha of Maskin Sahib where he mentions how those who are old love to look back at the past, and those who are young love to look to the future, but for a gurmukh what matters is living in the NOW. Every passing moment has within it Eternity. We need to touch the eternity of that moment, the hidden ras, the hidden naam, the hidden power, the hidden message, the hidden story of a moment. If we can sort out the moment we are passing, the past will be fine and so the future too. Maharaja Ranjit Singh focussed on the present, consolidated it, harnessed it for its worth, and ended up uniting the various misls into one mighty Sikh nation. The power is in the now, Guru Gobind Singh is in the now. The now is what needs to obbsess us because before it goes we have to get from it everything it wants to give us. SGGS makes it clear in a lot of gurbani tukha that the now is vital. Universes upon universes die and are born all within a split second of now. Every second can be a Vaisakhi once you realise. If right now every Sikh that exists did everything they need to do Khalsa Raj would happen now, that is the power of Now. Guru Gobind Singh might or might not come back in flesh and blood tomorrow, who really knows. But right Now Guru Gobind Singh, Kalgidhar chojee Pritam is here, with us right now, if only we have the dristi to understand and see. Gurbani says, ‘’Guru mere sang sda heh naleh’’ , and ‘Satgur jadta heh deo’’. Yogi Bhajan did not wait and worry about when there will be Khalsa Raj. He took Sikhi to America and today there are multitutes of white western who are baptised Sikhs.

It is now that is important. It is all good and nice to visit internet forums and give an input as we all do. But while that is good, the issue is what is each of us doing in our personal lives to further Sikhi, what vision do we have in our personal lives as a mandate from Gurujee which we can regard as our calling from Akal Purukh to further Sikhi and spread Khalsa Raj starting from our homes, our friends, our colleagues at work and school, our neighbourhoods, our communities, our countries and so on. Where do I stand and what must I do. This is the vital question. Soon everyone who is here will be gone. We are all going to go so the issue is what do I do before I go, that will add to the nam and shan of Sikhi before I akal chelana.

This is the vital question that must fire us up! Whoever has realised this and acted upon it has ended up in the annals of Sikhi as a kaum da tara, as a fkrh-I-kaum,, as a shining star in the galaxy of Sikhism, whether it be Bhai Sahib Bhai Veer Singh or Sant Baba Harnam Singh Rampur Khera Wale or Sant Gyani shaheed-I-kaum Baba Jernail Singh Bhindrawale, Sant Baba Thakur Singh and the multitutes of chardikela Singhs that gave and done their bit to gift Sikhi as an expanded gift from one generation to another.

The magic is the Now. Dhan Vaisakhi.

The mind thinks in three ways - past present future -- however it spends more time in the past and thinking of the future - according to SGGS.

Think more of today the present and you will build a better future. Thinking of the future and worring about it is FUTILE. reads Japji " ANT NAAH JAPEEE KYIAAA MAN MUNT" -There is no way NO WAY any human can know what is in the akal purkh's mind of what he is going to do next -- absolutely no way ... If the Guru Nanak Dev jee is saying that then that's how it is.