Two High Profile Events Coming Up

If you don't drink alcohol, why do u feel the need to prevent other people from drinking alcohol.

It's a reception held in the PM's offices to celebrate Baisakhi..three points:

it was not a religious festival;

it was not held in a place of worship;

no one was forced to attend.

so get a life and stop carping about everything!!

Don't worry 'hsisingh' no one is stopping you from drinking. Feel free.

Three points:

This is a Sikhi Forum

This is not a 'stop drinking alcohol' thread

You get a life

Leaders require leadership qualities and Rajoana does not have them. Its easy to raise slogans from your prison cell and walk around with a big chest and curled up moustache. If you think those are leadership qualities, then you really are on a different planet.

Please enlighten all the many thousands of Sikhs around the world that believe Bhai Balwant Singh should be the next Jathedar what these leadership skills should be. Every supporter of Balwant Singh hangs on every word they utter rather than the current leaders who are mere puppets of the Badal sarkar. Someone who guides and inspires other can be classified as a leader and Bhai Sahib has managed to do that through his letters. If he was provided with a platform to speak on openly, many more will be willing to follow him. It is due to their Bhagti of 14-16 hours per day, that the whole of the panth became united in such a short space of time.

I'd like to see how chardikala you would be and whether you'll even be able to speak if you was about to be hanged.

Please enlighten all the many thousands of Sikhs around the world that believe Bhai Balwant Singh should be the next Jathedar what these leadership skills should be. Every supporter of Balwant Singh hangs on every word they utter rather than the current leaders who are mere puppets of the Badal sarkar. Someone who guides and inspires other can be classified as a leader and Bhai Sahib has managed to do that through his letters. If he was provided with a platform to speak on openly, many more will be willing to follow him. It is due to their Bhagti of 14-16 hours per day, that the whole of the panth became united in such a short space of time.

I'd like to see how chardikala you would be and whether you'll even be able to speak if you was about to be hanged.

The individual should be balanced, mature, professional, diplomatic and appeal to a cross section of people in the Panth, not just the Kharku supporters. They should also be respected and have the ability to deal with other nations and other communities. They need to have a very good understand of politics, history, law and of the economy, or, at the very least have access to a good team of people around him that can give that advice.

At present, Rajoana, has demonstrated that he is a good fighter, fearless, has a good physical presence, good Sikhi jeevan and charisma and is able to inspire people via his letters from Jail, certainly within the context of Shaheedi etc. He has some leadership attributes. However, to be convinced of his suitability, I would want to see his skills in diplomacy, his vision for Sikhs and the Panth, his knowledge and ability regarding politics, history, law... His ability to analyse, work in a team and his ability to handle sensitive matters in a mature manner.

At present, he has convinced a section of the Sikh community that he should be made jathedar... mainly Kharku-supporters, Taksalis and Khalistan activists. However, if wants to be jathedar, he still needs to convince the moderate Sikh majority that he is the man for the job, not to mention the SGPC and the Akali Government, who will not let anyone in there that they deem to be a threat to the stability and uneasy peace that already exists in Punjab. Rajoana will be seen in my circles as a terrorist. He is hated by Hindus and many urbanite Sikhs. He will need to prove that he is a peaceful man and not a hardliner. He will also need to be let out of jail, in order that he can properly do his job as a Jathedar.

Basically, I believe that it is totally impossible for Rajoana to be made jathedar because the things that I have mentioned simply will never happen. You might as well give up on this silly campaign now. Rajoana will never be released from jail. He will never be accepted as a Sikh leader by the majority of the community unless he compromises on certain things that make him who he is, which of course he will never do. He will never be allowed to be jathedar by the SGPC and Akali Dal because he would have to compromise on certain things which again he would never do. He would also have to be released from jail, which, would never be allowed either by the Badals, the SGPC, and nor by the Hindus of India that would not want to see him released. He doesnt not have the educational background, nor the knowledge of history, politics and law, nor does he have the skills of diplomacy.

I respect Rajoana for what he did to Beant. I respect him for his Sikhi asools and for inspiring/waking up Sikhs. However, he is not the right man for the Jathedar post or any other leadership position, certainly regarding a post that represents the whole community. He could take up a seat with say Simranjit Singh Manns group or Dal Khalsa or something like that, but not a position like Akal Takhat Sahib jathedar. There are too many influential people that would not let it happen and there are not enough people that support him in the way that you think they do. You are overestimating his popularity and his support.

Rajoana should be respected for what he did and it should just be left at that.

Regarding your last point, I never said that I wanted to be a leader or Akal Takhat Sahib Jathedar. And you are right, I probably wouldnt be as fearless and enthusiastic about being hanged as Bhai Rajoana is.