Badal V Sarna : Who Occupies The Higher Moral Ground ?

I've just finished watching the interview with the Sarna brothers on Sangat TV, on the back of yesterdays live broadcast from Gurdwara Bangla Sahib......and the Sikh Channel's live broadcast from Amritsar.

In both the live broadcasts, ordinary Sikhs were interviewed and asked for their views about various Sikhi related topics.

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised to hear the sentiments of the Delhi Sikhs. Before hearing from the horses mouths themselves I have to admit I had a very negative opinion of the Delhi Sikhs as a whole. As someone from a rural Punjab background I saw them as rich middle to upper class Hindu type people with little ankh and gusto when it came to the issue of Sikh rights. But....after hearing the private thoughts of the ordinary Delhi wale Sikhs yesterday, I not only feel very proud of them but also empowered by them. They were almost unanimous in the thought that there would never be justice for Sikhs in India...and in support for the ideals of bhai rajoana.

In contrast, during the interviews of ordinary sikhs in amritsar broadcast on the sikh channel, it was quite common to find Sikhs that had no view at all about justice etc.

Now....to the actual title of this thread. I am no fan of the Sarnas. They have done and continue to do much harm. But....my opinion is that they are a million times more beneficial to sikhi than Badal. To be fair to the Sarnas, they have, over the past week or so, welcomed both the Sikh Channel and Sangat Tv cameras into their homes and the Gurdwaras they run. They have given the networks free reign to go wherever they want and ask any question of anybody they want. And to be fair of the Sarnas, they have not dodged any difficult question.

Not saying I agree with thier reasoning and answers. To be honest, I disagree with most of their answers. But...I am honest enough to salute the fact that they are at least alligning themselves firmly in the Sikh camp....unlike Badal.

Now....the Sarnas...in the course of their interviews...make no secret that there is a personal rivalry between them and Badal.

My personal opinion about the issue of the Sarna family v the Badal family, and who occupies the higher moral ground......is that the Badal family is so immoral.....so deep down in a bottomless pit of immorality and corruption....that their feet don't even touch any ground with moral written on it.

I also saw the interview. It was interesting (and perhaps refreshing) to get another Sikh locale (ie. Delhi region) perspective.

Its not politics. Its not even addressing issues. A lot of the content was countering the negative jibes Sarna had received -it was good to hear their perspective. They are a very powerful/ influencial outfit (SGPC/ Badal are not exclusive to the Sikh cause.

In any case, we should let the Badals and Sarna's be ! Our biggest issue is how do we make Punjab better -economically, reduce alcoholism and drugs, educate the Sikh youth and have proper health facilities for all.

Our overseas Sikh leaders have been giving the same rhetoric for the last couple of decades and nothing has changed -how about investing in Punjab (cant do that its too corrupt), how about opening a clinic (err, cant do that, coz busy busy organising a pu55y punjabi wedding for a family member in southall), err how about you fill in the gurdwara accounts (err, yeah, but accountants gone to canada for a wedding).

RANT OVER. Time to wack the punch bag !

ave to say, I was pleasantly surprised to hear the sentiments of the Delhi Sikhs. Before hearing from the horses mouths themselves I have to admit I had a very negative opinion of the Delhi Sikhs as a whole. As someone from a rural Punjab background I saw them as rich middle to upper class Hindu type people with little ankh and gusto when it came to the issue of Sikh rights. But....after hearing the private thoughts of the ordinary Delhi wale Sikhs yesterday, I not only feel very proud of them but also empowered by them. They were almost unanimous in the thought that there would never be justice for Sikhs in India...and in support for the ideals of bhai rajoana.

hey WLS bro, after watchin this vid, ur love for the delhi sikhs may go up even more, i kno mine did :) . its quite shariaam too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z825RWIzfw8

hey WLS bro, after watchin this vid, ur love for the delhi sikhs may go up even more, i kno mine did :) . its quite shariaam too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z825RWIzfw8

One thing Sikh Channel were able highlighted well and was so encouraging to see, was that the ordinary Sikh who were being interviewed had good understanding of politics, they knew Sikhs were being trodden on, many were articulate and well spoken, they repeated over and over- its one rule for hindus, its another for us.

Guru Kirpa naal, the ordinary person is seeing india for what it really is, and when they shout Khalistan, they are not just going with the flow, they sincerely mean it after all the years they have been trampled on

There is one big difference: badal holds higher official position and capable of making bad decisions for personal gain. Sarna does not hold any governmental position thus his power is limited to only managing gurdwaras rather than society. Give him a power and he will show his true colors to the max.

Sarna has done maximum harm to sikhism. in his tenure he has given Delhi Gurudawra satge to

atheist missionaries that includes likes of Dhundha, Gurbachan thailand, jagtar jachak who deliver

balsphemic sermons every day. he was also main promoter of darshan ragi till he was expelled from

sikhism.

• 2 weeks later...

Sarna and Badal are both damaging to the Panth. Sarna is not any better. It may appear that Badal is worse because Badal controls Punjab and SGPC which is bigger and Sarna is only controlling the DSGMC which in comparison is smaller. Badal has sold his soul to the BJP while Sarna has sold himself to the congress. Sarna is the only one who challenges the Akal Takht by giving a platform to the Kala Afghanis like Darshan Lal and Dhunda. It is because of this platform that these Kala Afghanis are getting a sense of legitimacy. Notice how Dhunda and the Kala Afghanis always bad mouth the enemies of Sarna i.e. Badal, SAD but they will never bad mouth Sarna who is openly in bed with the murderers of the Sikhs such as Sajjan Kumar, Tytler, Congress. He will support the separation of Haryana and Himachal from the SGPC which is a congressi agenda. If Sarna were to control the SGPC he would let loose the Kala Afghanis on the SGPC.