Jeevan Moukhthi

matey123

Jeevan mukhti is liberation of the soul from the circle of birth and death. It is achieved by making your mind attuned to the naam. Sant is just a title conferred upon someone. Adding Sant in front of your name does not make you a jeevan mukht. Although, Sants probably spend more time than the average person, meditating on naam. Becoming jeevan mukht is not a common thing. If someone was jeevan mukht, I doubt they would declare it. I don't know if I've ever met one, to be honest. I'm still trying to get there myself.

Jeevan mukhti is liberation of the soul from the circle of birth and death. It is achieved by making your mind attuned to the naam. Sant is just a title conferred upon someone. Adding Sant in front of your name does not make you a jeevan mukht. Although, Sants probably spend more time than the average person, meditating on naam. Becoming jeevan mukht is not a common thing. If someone was jeevan mukht, I doubt they would declare it. I don't know if I've ever met one, to be honest. I'm still trying to get there myself.

Do you know what it is to be jeven mukth, what would the signs be?

As for the question Gurbani says yes you can be Jevan Mukt, gurbani calls it living Dead.

jeevath marai marai fun jeevai thaa mokhanthar paaeae |

But if he remains dead while yet alive, then by so dying, he truly lives; thus, he attains liberation.

When you are liberated, you lift the illusion of Maya (the material world). You become detached. You don't desire anything, you don't fear anything or anyone. You see life as a game to be played. Things that used to bother you become insignificant. They don't matter. You don't need to prove yourself to anyone. You don't need validation from anyone.

We can test the effects of Maya scientifically. Ask two people to drink from the same cup of tea. One person will say it is sweet. The other person will say it is bitter. Who is right? You can't prove either of their statements to be true, because their observations are relative. Truth cannot be relative. By definition, truth is universal. God is truth. Attachment to material things will take you farther from the truth and therefore farther from God.

"Aadh sach, jugadh sach, hai bhee sach. Nanak hosee bhee sach"

- He was true in the beginning, true through the ages, He is true now. Nanak, He will always be true.

An analogy I can draw is the process of getting older and maturing. Think back to when you were a child. Remember all the things that used to bother you. The problems that you thought you had, now seem trivial.

I can't give you a checklist to see if you are jeevan mukht. When you know, you just know. Or maybe you never realize it. I don't know.

This is just my 2 cents. I would say always look for the truth yourself. Don't believe the ramblings of a fool you meet on the internet. I'm just trying to figure it out like everyone else.

When you are liberated, you lift the illusion of Maya (the material world). You become detached. You don't desire anything, you don't fear anything or anyone. You see life as a game to be played. Things that used to bother you become insignificant. They don't matter. You don't need to prove yourself to anyone. You don't need validation from anyone.

We can test the effects of Maya scientifically. Ask two people to drink from the same cup of tea. One person will say it is sweet. The other person will say it is bitter. Who is right? You can't prove either of their statements to be true, because their observations are relative. Truth cannot be relative. By definition, truth is universal. God is truth. Attachment to material things will take you farther from the truth and therefore farther from God.

"Aadh sach, jugadh sach, hai bhee sach. Nanak hosee bhee sach"

- He was true in the beginning, true through the ages, He is true now. Nanak, He will always be true.

An analogy I can draw is the process of getting older and maturing. Think back to when you were a child. Remember all the things that used to bother you. The problems that you thought you had, now seem trivial.

I can't give you a checklist to see if you are jeevan mukht. When you know, you just know. Or maybe you never realize it. I don't know.

This is just my 2 cents. I would say always look for the truth yourself. Don't believe the ramblings of a fool you meet on the internet. I'm just trying to figure it out like everyone else.

The bit highlighted is the important thing which only comes with age and maturity, as we are in a day and age, too confident with our opinions, we take them as learned objective views, when really our concept of divinity is close to nil, and only based on the little research we have done, and not backed by Practical Avastas or Jeveen.

As for what Guru jee says, we are in a time where everyone will have a opinion, whether that be a learned one or unlearned, they are called Mooraks who have not seen God or Heard God and try to explain the Game and Spiritual world he has created

So that no human being will ever be confused, at the meaning of liberation, signs of Being Mukt are within Gurbani

First we achieve mukti while alive and not when we pass

jeevan mukath har paavai soe |

They become Jivan-mukta, liberated while yet alive, and they find the Lord.

These are the identifications of a Jevan Mukth

nij ghar vasehi anmrith peevehi thaa sukh lehehi mehal |1| rehaao |

Dwell within the home of your own inner being, and drink in the Ambrosial Nectar; you shall attain the Peace of the Mansion of His Presence. ||1||Pause||

athaareh sidhee pishai lageeaa firan nij ghar vasai nij thaae |

The Siddhis-the eighteen supernatural spiritual powers-follow in my footsteps; I dwell in my True home, within my self.

These people keep the True Rehath that Guru Amar Das jee left us

dhasavai dhuaar rehath karae thribhavan sojhee paae |3|

Doing the rehath of the Tenth gate, He obtains the understanding of the three worlds. ||3||

if u become a sant would u be able to ge tjeevan moukhi

Khalsa Ji in order to become jeevan mukht one must conform to the following criteria:

ਸੁਖੁ

Sukẖ ḏukẖ jih parsai nahī lobẖ moh abẖimān.

One who is not touched by pleasure or pain, greed, emotional attachment and egotistical pride -

ਕਹੁ ॥੧੩॥

Kaho Nānak sun re manā so mūraṯ bẖagvān. ||13||

says Nanak, listen, mind: he is the very image of God. ||13||

ਉਸਤਤਿ

Usṯaṯ ninḏi▫ā nāhi jihi kancẖan loh samān.

One who is beyond praise and slander, who looks upon gold and iron alike -

ਕਹੁ ॥੧੪॥

Kaho Nānak sun re manā mukaṯ ṯāhi ṯai jān. ||14||

says Nanak, listen, mind: know that such a person is liberated. ||14||

ਹਰਖੁ

Harakẖ sog jā kai nahī bairī mīṯ samān.

One who is not affected by pleasure or pain, who looks upon friend and enemy alike -

ਕਹੁ ॥੧੫॥

Kaho Nānak sun re manā mukaṯ ṯāhi ṯai jān. ||15||

says Nanak, listen, mind: know that such a person is liberated. ||15||

ਭੈ

Bẖai kāhū ka▫o ḏeṯ nėh nėh bẖai mānaṯ ān.

One who does not frighten anyone, and who is not afraid of anyone else -

ਕਹੁ ॥੧੬॥

Kaho Nānak sun re manā gi▫ānī ṯāhi bakẖān. ||16||

says Nanak, listen, mind: call him spiritually wise. ||16||

ਜਿਹਿ

Jihi bikẖi▫ā saglī ṯajī lī▫o bẖekẖ bairāg.

One who has forsaken all sin and corruption, who wears the robes of neutral detachment -

ਕਹੁ ॥੧੭॥

Kaho Nānak sun re manā ṯih nar māthai bẖāg. ||17||

says Nanak, listen, mind: good destiny is written on his forehead. ||17||

ਜਿਹਿ

Jihi mā▫i▫ā mamṯā ṯajī sabẖ ṯe bẖa▫i▫o uḏās.

One who renounces Maya and possessiveness and is detached from everything -

ਕਹੁ ॥੧੮॥

Kaho Nānak sun re manā ṯih gẖat barahm nivās. ||18||

says Nanak, listen, mind: God abides in his heart. ||18||

ਜਿਹਿ

Jihi parānī ha▫umai ṯajī karṯā rām pacẖẖān.

That mortal, who forsakes egotism, and realizes the Creator Lord -

<a class="dict" href="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕਹੁ">ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਵਹੁ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਨਰੁ ਇਹ ਮਨ ਸਾਚੀ ਮਾਨੁ ॥੧੯॥

Kaho Nānak vahu mukaṯ nar ih man sācẖī mān. ||19||

says Nanak, that person is liberated; O mind, know this as true. ||19||