Benti Sikh Media Channels Like Sangat Tv & Sikh Channel

Wahegurujikakhalsa Wahegurujikifateh

After watching the interview with Bibi Jagdish Kaur, I quickly came to a realisation that the whole hour of this important message was only going to be limited to the ears of those that can understand Punjabi.

My humble benti to all those that run media channels &/or create productions for broadcast on media channels such as Youtube, Vimeo, Sangat TV & Sikh Channel etc. you need to start producing & editing media content that is understandable by the non punjabi speaking masses, so that our message gets out as far and wide as possible.

A prime example of my point is the interview with Bibi Jagdish Kaur, which was solely in punjabi. Why are there no subtitles in this broadcast. It's gone from sky tv to YouTube and still is only limited to the punjabi speaking minority. I can understand that the subtitle editing is time consuming and it is not always possible with breaking news broadcasts, but it is time well spent on second edition broadcasts and I think it is Invaluable in order to get the message out there...

Wahegurujikakhalsa Wahegurujikifateh

I think you are confusing Jageero (Jagir Kaur, SGPC ex-President) and Bibi Jagdish Kaur. I couldnt even mention Jageero in the same breath as our heroic bibi who was giving the interviews.

Your point is valid, I think with the resourcing and financing, the channels are not able to provide this. Instead we should offer this service ourselves. I'm sure there are plenty of sikhs who can either help out the channels or post a subtitled interview on YouTube. Either way the channels would be grateful if this is done and they would happily re-broadcast it.

I do believe the channels will get better over time and start doing this, once the financial side is sorted out.