Four Of The 5 Pyaaray Were Not Punjabi

• 3 years later...
On 4/23/2017 at 9:47 PM, 13Mirch said:

And the fact that mythologizing narratives was an accepted practice then should be enough to dissuade one from thinking that the Panj Piares were some incarnations.

Yes even though this narrative that the Panj Piare were Hindu reincarnations has been heavily pushed since Indira Gandhi was brought back to power in 1980, we as Sikhs need to repudiate these RSS lies. 

And instead recognise the unparalleled bravery of our Panj Piare from as far afield as Karnataka, Orissa, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh and Sialkot.

On 4/14/2018 at 7:06 PM, TejS said:

I personally think Guru Sahib made it clear to us with the Panj Pyaare being from all corners of India what his intent for Sikhi was. He didn't want it to be restricted among Punjabi, and its unfortunate it has been so. And the culprits for this are us Punjabi. I personally think that we need to spread awareness among other communities. A significant non-Punjabi Sikh population are Sindhi people. They're very devoted to the Sikh Panth, however are also verging on Santana Dharmic ideals. A little more awareness among them would help them correct their ways. We also need to reach out to other communities, especially those that are related to the Panj Pyaare and also those not related as well. Most individuals from the Panth will say that this is proselytization, but I disagree. If you won't spread awareness, how will one know about it?

Yes Vaisakhi should be 100% all about spreading knowledge of 1699 and nowadays educating folks outside Punjab about what Sikhi represents in terms of what it can achieve for humanity. 

On 4/27/2018 at 1:23 AM, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Even guru gobind singh ji was born outside of the punjab.. 

As well as Shaheed Bhai Jiwan Singh Ji who to the Muslims was a "Bihari Chuhra" but to our Qaum has always been the Highest of the High for their bravery and dedication to Sikhi. We need to make the millions of Bihari's in Punjab aware of these facts and others like 1699 and accept millions of them as new primarily sehajdhari members of the Sikh Panth and go out of our way to welcome them in our Gurdwara Sangats and teach their children Punjabi, Gurbani and Itihaas.

https://barusahib.org/general/after-being-rejected-dalit-turned-sikhs/

On 4/27/2018 at 8:59 AM, BhForce said:

I guess I can sort of see how you might think it to be denigration of the bhagats, but how is it denigration of the Punj Piyare?

It essentially implies that the Panj Piare were not brave in their own right but their fictitious RSS-created supposed Hindu previous incarnations that led them to stand up and offer their heads at Vaisakhi 1699.

But anyway brother may I wish you and all the entire Sangat:

Khalsa Sajna Diwas diah Lakh Lakh Vadhaiyan

See original image

On 4/13/2022 at 9:25 PM, SinghPunjabSingh said:

Yes even though this narrative that the Panj Piare were Hindu reincarnations has been heavily pushed since Indira Gandhi was brought back to power in 1980, we as Sikhs need to repudiate these RSS lies. 

And instead recognise the unparalleled bravery of our Panj Piare from as far afield as Karnataka, Orissa, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh and Sialkot.

Yes Vaisakhi should be 100% all about spreading knowledge of 1699 and nowadays educating folks outside Punjab about what Sikhi represents in terms of what it can achieve for humanity. 

As well as Shaheed Bhai Jiwan Singh Ji who to the Muslims was a "Bihari Chuhra" but to our Qaum has always been the Highest of the High for their bravery and dedication to Sikhi. We need to make the millions of Bihari's in Punjab aware of these facts and others like 1699 and accept millions of them as new primarily sehajdhari members of the Sikh Panth and go out of our way to welcome them in our Gurdwara Sangats and teach their children Punjabi, Gurbani and Itihaas.

https://barusahib.org/general/after-being-rejected-dalit-turned-sikhs/

It essentially implies that the Panj Piare were not brave in their own right but their fictitious RSS-created supposed Hindu previous incarnations that led them to stand up and offer their heads at Vaisakhi 1699.

But anyway brother may I wish you and all the entire Sangat:

Khalsa Sajna Diwas diah Lakh Lakh Vadhaiyan

See original image

This Paanth wont flourish until you march the casteists and racists out of it. It's cancer not just dead weight. 

21 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

This Panth wont flourish until you march the casteists and racists out of it. It's cancer not just dead weight. 

100% agree with you bro. There can be no room for racists and casteists within the Panth.

Anybody that espouses racist or casteist viewpoints is exposing that they have no understanding of what Sikhi or Vaisakhi 1699 stands for. Christianity, Islam are openly racist religions by virtue of their own scriptures and how they enslaved and killed tens of milions of innocent black African men, women and children the same can be said of casteist Hindu scriptures. As Sikhs there is no justification or excuse!

3 hours ago, SinghPunjabSingh said:

100% agree with you bro. There can be no room for racists and casteists within the Panth.

Anybody that espouses racist or casteist viewpoints is exposing that they have no understanding of what Sikhi or Vaisakhi 1699 stands for. Christianity, Islam are openly racist religions by virtue of their own scriptures and how they enslaved and killed tens of milions of innocent black African men, women and children the same can be said of casteist Hindu scriptures. As Sikhs there is no justification or excuse!

I'd like your post but I can't, appreciate you. I'll read here and post elsewhere. 

Just now, SinghPunjabSingh said:

Thanks brother and proud of you for your Parchaar to our African American brothers and sisters in your neck of the woods.

Amen bro. The line went down at work so I spent two hours doing Parchar instead. Lol. 

Now the online black community we're interfacing with as a touch point, will have two local brothers from here in it. 

Got to speak to a young christian girl about what she noticed me doing, Bhagti, and how to apply that to her spiritual relationship with Jesus, which she's seperated from any church involvement due to the ramoant hypocrisy and empty practices. 

Things have been very blessed, Har Kirpa, Including you touching base and returning right when you did Veer Ji.