Is Looking At A Singh In A Romantic Way Wrong?

Guest silence

WJKK WJKF

i really wanted to know whther it is wrong to lok at a singh in a attractive way wrong... i am confused becuase if you are attrcted to a singh then doesnt that at least mean you are in the right mind in looking at him rather than looking at someone who is not the same religion as you. if you are attracted to a singh then what should you do becuase in many ways you shouldnt be lustful but a singh is still sikh... confused... HELP!

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

I am in no way gay, I am a hetrosexual man. (I thought I would get that out the way before I post this).

I don't know how to advise you, but, I can say, I see many young Singh's, and i think to myself, how proud their parents must be of them for being such a fine figure of a man. And how the the in-laws they marry into will be proud to have them as an addition to their family.

In fact, I see Singh's of all ages who I think look like super heros (they look like the Singhs you see in the purathan paintings). Those Sikhi Saroop Singhs can't help being extemely good looking men, it's just the way god made them.

Look how many posts we have on here where young men feel they want to cut their beard because they feel they don't look as good as shaved men. Well, I'm sorry, it's not all about Singhs not looking as good a shaved men. In fact, in my opinion, most of the Singhs look better than the shaved men. We can't all pretend to be surprised when women start finding Singhs attractive, for looking like men. I can't advise you, but if you;re both single, you could think about asking your parent into arranging for him to be you partner in marriage, one day! But only if your parents will not rip your head off for asking. Preventing Sikh Girls from ever looking at any man Singh ever as a prospective marrainge partner, ever, could lead to more Sikh Girls running off with muslims or non-Sikhs generally as they could think they are commiting incest if they marry the Sikh Brother, if every Singh is their brother! I am not encouraging dating here, just marriages arranged by the parents at the request of a young Sikh men or women.

WJKK WJKF

i really wanted to know whther it is wrong to lok at a singh in a attractive way wrong... i am confused becuase if you are attrcted to a singh then doesnt that at least mean you are in the right mind in looking at him rather than looking at someone who is not the same religion as you. if you are attracted to a singh then what should you do becuase in many ways you shouldnt be lustful but a singh is still sikh... confused... HELP!

WJKK WJKF

Pehnji

Finding a Sikh attractive and wanting to marry them is a very good thing but having romantic feelings for more than one person is not right.

Pehnji

Finding a Sikh attractive and wanting to marry them is a very good thing but having romantic feelings for more than one person is not right.

Mokam Singh has summed it up nicely. Guru Nanak Dev Ji said Sikhs should live a family life. Guru Nanak Dev Ji had a family. Guru Nanak Dev Ji told us we can find God as married people with families. We do not need to disappear into the woods and mountains as celibate hermits to find God, we Sikhs can find God living as family units!

Marriage is a good/god thing. If no Sikhs got married, we would die out as a race, why would we want to kill the SIkh Race! A Sikh's aim in life is not to be a celibate hermit bachelor or Spinster, unless they actually want to be one! A Sikh should not to be a celibate hermit bachelor or Spinster out of guilt !!!

So as Mokam Singh says, if you are looking to get married, it's all good!

Guest MKaur

It's not appropriate to look at someone in that way..we are meant to see everyone as our brothers and sisters, mother and fathers etc. When you come to a marriageable age, your parents will find someone, and if you approve of their jeevan and think that their personality matches yours then great. Even then, whether you think they're decent looking should not be a huge factor in marrying them. It should be more about their rehat..

Not saying that people don't have these feelings, but if you start thinking "it's okay, it's natural" then you're going to be more lenient on yourself and chances are it will get worse because your mind will tell you it's acceptable! It's good to remind yourself that it isn't okay :-)

Iznt it nachral 2b tractd 2 lyk opp sex? So iz norml 2c *edited* in otherz n in nacher! Wo u do wit it afta iz lyk hmmm ;-) !

Nachral = 7 letters

Natural = 7 letters

Iznt = 4 letters

Isnt = 4 letters

Otherz= 6 letters

Others = 6 letters

I am genuinely worried about you. Are you at school? If so, do you find it difficult to write essays etc? If you only use this language online, then it's kind of acceptable (to a certain extent) but a lot of people tend to completely forget correct English or don't even learn it in the first place once they start using text speak. Meant this in the nicest way possible, hope I haven't offended you.

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

we are tod not to look upon someones beauty in lust. the way i see it is that look upon every woman as you would look upon your own sister

Iznt it nachral 2b tractd 2 lyk opp sex? So iz norml 2c *edited* in otherz n in nacher! Wo u do wit it afta iz lyk hmmm ;-) !

sikhs are diferent though so no its not natural for us.

in the liberation of bangladehs sikh soldiers gave clothes to naked banladesh women out of respectas they looked upon them as sisters.

also a story of Hari Singh Nalwa:

a muslim princess had heard of the greatness of the sikhs how strong brave and courageous they were. she wanted a son like hari singh so she decided to meet him. at the time hari singh was doing his patt and she approached. she said i want a son like you.she wanted to mary him.hari singh was annoyed at bieng disturbed and when she kept asking he got angry and asked her to leave. upon leaving she said i heard that no one go's empty handed from the house of nanak. hearing this hari singh was immediately sorry and he got a chonee and placed it one her head. he kneeled down to her and said from this day on you are my mother and iam your son. from that day uptil his death hari singh looked upon her as his mother. the moral is that he could have married her as she was a beautiful youg princess but no. he was more clever and stuck to the path of the guru.

Think of it this way; how would you feel if a singh looked at you in a romantic way? Might sound immature but I know singhnnes including myself who would freak out.

lol i luv how you flippped it round, n yeah it would freak me out tbh