The Bigeest Problem With Me

Guest LIFE

WJKK WJKF

okay so here the problem, ive bin gurdwara n every time i go i feel sad... when there is alot of sangat i see alot of singhs, singhnia and kids alll in dumalla's n kirpans, bt the ppl i see they r so corrupt... i want 2 b amritshari in the future but looking at sum singhnees n singh nowadays they r all the same, its all about ego, likewhat is the point of taking amrit if youre gonna be even worse when youre amrit dhari?

i dont get it anymore, ppl are so unpure inside, sometimes i think people take amrit becuase they think yeah im cool, wateva im part of the khalsa but deep down they are so corrupt. i know people like that and it puts me off so much?

sometimes i just want an easy life, but i find it that relgion makes things confusing, i dont know what i want in life becuase of what ive seen? HELP!!

Fateh

WJKK WJKF

okay so here the problem, ive bin gurdwara n every time i go i feel sad... when there is alot of sangat i see alot of singhs, singhnia and kids alll in dumalla's n kirpans, bt the ppl i see they r so corrupt... i want 2 b amritshari in the future but looking at sum singhnees n singh nowadays they r all the same, its all about ego, likewhat is the point of taking amrit if youre gonna be even worse when youre amrit dhari?

i dont get it anymore, ppl are so unpure inside, sometimes i think people take amrit becuase they think yeah im cool, wateva im part of the khalsa but deep down they are so corrupt. i know people like that and it puts me off so much?

sometimes i just want an easy life, but i find it that relgion makes things confusing, i dont know what i want in life becuase of what ive seen? HELP!!

Fateh

Whenever you see a Sikh doing wrong then use that as a premise to become a good Sikh , thus achieving bliss and proving that good Sikhs do exist.

Leh khalsa ji, dont judge any one, everything is goin on in guru ji hukam. Remember in this life n this world, only ur relationship with guru ji matters, ur role model is Guru Granth Sahib ji. Hum nahi change bura nahi koye!Therefore, what others do shouldnt bother you, lifes too short for us to see who is being a good gursikh or bad, satgur jaani jaan han ! Just forget all this and focus on ur jivan and bhul chuk maff

Guest MKaur

WJKK WJKF

Fateh

I understand this to a certain extent, but I feel a little bit defensive at the same time. The entire Khalsa panth isn't corrupt, so no matter where you are, there are bound to be some true Gursikhs. What do you mean when you say it is all about ego? 99% of peoples lives on this planet are about ego. Ego is what separates us from Waheguru. If none of us had haumai, we'd be jeevan mukht! I'll be the first to admit that I have ego. So am I automatically putting you off?

When I go to the Gurdwara, yes, I see corruption. But at the same time I see the bibia that come every single day to clean the toilets, I see the babeh that come to the langar hall at 4am to make daal and roti, I see parents coming with their children before school, I see young professionals coming before and after work to see Maharaaj and get Satgurus blessing, I see the elderly that can barely walk, taking 10 minutes to matha tek just for their head to touch the floor in front of their Guru.

You see what you want to see. If you want to see good, you will see it. It is there.

Also, with regards to receiving amrit: you will know 100% when you are ready. There will not be a shadow of a doubt in your mind. Do not ask for amrit if you have any doubts. Only ask for amrit if you can't live without it. When every single thought is consumed with your thirst for amrit, then you are ready. Until then, do the best that you can in terms of personal rehat. And take the good from any given situation.

You will find bad and good everywhere, that does not mean we judge them. Even if some of them are proud they may have a good heart. We are all imperfect and we are aiming to become perfect ie possess compassionate, loving, caring, sweet speech etc through Naam and Gurbani.

ਸਭੁ ਅੰਤਰਜਾਮੀ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਹੈ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਵਸੈ ਸਭ ਥਾਇ

God is the Inner-knower of all hearts; God dwells in every place.

ਮੰਦਾ ਕਿਸ ਨੋ ਆਖੀਐ ਸਬਦਿ ਵੇਖਹੁ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਇ ॥੬॥

So who should we call evil? Behold the Word of the Shabad, and lovingly dwell upon it. ||6||

ਬੁਰਾ ਭਲਾ ਤਿਚਰੁ ਆਖਦਾ ਜਿਚਰੁ ਹੈ ਦੁਹੁ ਮਾਹਿ

He calls others bad and good, as long as he is in duality.

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਏਕੋ ਬੁਝਿਆ ਏਕਸੁ ਮਾਹਿ ਸਮਾਇ ॥੭॥

The Gurmukh understands the One and Only Lord; He is absorbed in the One Lord. ||7||

We should just focus on ourselves and to make ourselves pure. We could only judge another if we think we are perfect. We should always assume we ourselves are imperfect with faults and that we need to make ourselves virtuous. Here, this is how we should view ourselves -

ਬਾਬਾ ਮੈ ਕੁਚੀਲੁ ਕਾਚਉ ਮਤਿਹੀਨ

O Baba, I am filthy, shallow and totally without understanding.

ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਕੋ ਕਛੁ ਨਹੀ ਗੁਰਿ ਪੂਰੈ ਪੂਰੀ ਮਤਿ ਕੀਨ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ

Without the Naam, no one is anything; the Perfect Guru has made my intellect perfect. ||1||Pause||

ਅਵਗਣਿ ਸੁਭਰ ਗੁਣ ਨਹੀ ਬਿਨੁ ਗੁਣ ਕਿਉ ਘਰਿ ਜਾਉ

I am full of faults, and I have no virtue at all. Without virtues, how can I go home?

ਸਹਜਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਸੁਖੁ ਊਪਜੈ ਬਿਨੁ ਭਾਗਾ ਧਨੁ ਨਾਹਿ

Through the Word of the Shabad, intuitive peace wells up; without good destiny, the wealth is not obtained.

ਜਿਨ ਕੈ ਨਾਮੁ ਮਨਿ ਵਸੈ ਸੇ ਬਾਧੇ ਦੂਖ ਸਹਾਹਿ ॥੨॥

Those whose minds are not filled with the Naam are bound and gagged, and suffer in pain. ||2||

In the above shabad you will notice it says without good fortune we will not be able to obtain the richness and wealth of Naam. Thus, we will not obtain peace in our mind and life. Therefore, we have to patiently and continuously try hard with a daily practice of Naam and Gurbani at Amritvela (2am-6am), in the evening and try to remember Vaheguru all day. At one point the peace will come and so will the experience of Naam.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guuuest

I have a friend who is a philosphy major and he does not want to be amrit dhari for the same reason, but the thing is worry about urself see if sikhi is something that u REALLLY want and if u do, do the research find out how a sikh should be, dont worry about other people, there are always good and bad in every religion.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dasguruka

WJKK WJKF

Fateh

Remember what you see at the Gurudwara aren't the only people/aspects that are related to Sikhi. Find out about Singhs who devoted their entire lives to Sikhisim by taking Amrit and are respected throughout the world out. All those are mentioned in the daily Ardaas. Make them your role models. You're right though. Alot of us have diverted from the path but know that God knows how you feel. As long as you can wake up in the morning and look into the mirror and be satisfied with what you see, then you're good to go.