Waheguru

Guest Wondering

Guest Wondering

Wjkk Wjkf

Does Waheguru simran help to erase or reduce a disease? How long should one do simran for, if one finds it difficult to sit and do for a long period?

How should Waheguru be pronounced? Is it "Vaa-he-guru"? Or "Waa-he-guru? Or other way?

Any replies to advise would be welcome.

Thankuji

ਪੰਨਾ 829, ਸਤਰ 16

ਜਪਿ ਜਪਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਰੋ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਤਨ ਤੇ ਰੋਗ ਖਏ ॥੧॥

Jap jap nām ṯumĥāro parīṯam ṯan ṯe rog kẖa▫e. ||1||

Chanting, meditating on Your Name, O my Beloved, disease is eradicated from my body. ||1||

ਮਃ 5

Khalsa Ji

Try to do Simran as much as possible. If your aim is to eradicate disease then set that as your target. Once the rass kicks in you will find yourself doing Simran automatically.

When a car has a flat battery we need to push start it. Once the battery is charged we don't need to push the car anymore , in fact the car will carry us.

In the early stages we do Simran but there comes a time when Simran is doing us.

With regards to the pronunciation I do not have sufficient knowledge to advise you on that matter so I will request others to clarify that.

Wjkk Wjkf

Does Waheguru simran help to erase or reduce a disease? How long should one do simran for, if one finds it difficult to sit and do for a long period?

How should Waheguru be pronounced? Is it "Vaa-he-guru"? Or "Waa-he-guru? Or other way?

Any replies to advise would be welcome.

Thankuji

Well said Mokham Singh ji.

Firstly, I pronounce it like this Vaaheguroo with the technique of Saas Giraas given by my panj; I think vaavaa is the right way but anyone else might say differently. Secondly, the most important thing in order to remove any disease is to possess faith and love for Naam and Gurbani. Once you have come to love Naam through Gurbani, the Naam will then instantly calm, cool and sooth the body -

ਜਾ ਕਉ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਦੇਹੀ ਵਿਆਪੈ ਰੋਗੁ

When you are plagued by great and excessive anxiety, and diseases of the body;

ਗ੍ਰਿਸਤਿ ਕੁਟੰਬਿ ਪਲੇਟਿਆ ਕਦੇ ਹਰਖੁ ਕਦੇ ਸੋਗੁ

when you are wrapped up in the attachments of household and family, sometimes feeling joy, and then other times sorrow;

ਗਉਣੁ ਕਰੇ ਚਹੁ ਕੁੰਟ ਕਾ ਘੜੀ ਬੈਸਣੁ ਸੋਇ

when you are wandering around in all four directions, and you cannot sit or sleep even for a moment -

ਚਿਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਓਸੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਤਨੁ ਮਨੁ ਸੀਤਲੁ ਹੋਇ ॥੩॥

if you come to remember the Supreme Lord God, then your body and mind shall be cooled and soothed. ||3||

The chit (remembrance/suniyaa) has to be such that it has strong faith/belief/hope (maniya) and deep love within it. So, bani such as Sukhmani Sahib and/or Japji Sahib will boost this. Sukhmani Sahib because it emphasises on the Praise of Naam and the more one praises Naam the more love we will have for Naam, Thus we experience Naam's Power. So, continuously recite Sukhmani Sahib and then Jap Naam, back to Sukhmani Sahib and then Naam again (basically do a combination of them). Amritvela is one of the best times to do this, second best is the evening and all day long whenever you have time. Remember to try and keep Vaheguru in mind and tongue all, everyday. Lastly, Patience is important, you have to keep at (Amritvela, evening and Athay Pehar) it until you love Naam and then as Mokham Singh jee said, the Naam will begin japping inside itself without you doing anything.

Doesnt say anywhere in Gurbani that you need to go back and forth between sukhmani shaib, you have to remember that before Guru Shiabs there wasnt sukhmani shaib, also the common sense of this is, that even Christians can meet Vaheguru too, all they need to is Simran and Simran only, so i would just stick to what gurbani says.

Which Swass Girass saying Vahe Guru with your tongue and listening to it, thats the technique that Guru jee has said, "is the work of his Sikhs"

Doesnt say anywhere in Gurbani that you need to go back and forth between sukhmani shaib, you have to remember that before Guru Shiabs there wasnt sukhmani shaib, also the common sense of this is, that even Christians can meet Vaheguru too, all they need to is Simran and Simran only, so i would just stick to what gurbani says.

Which Swass Girass saying Vahe Guru with your tongue and listening to it, thats the technique that Guru jee has said, "is the work of his Sikhs"

In the shabad which you have as your signature, it says 'One who calls himself a Sikh of the True Guru (Satguru), shall rise in the early morning and meditate on the Lord's Name'. Guru Arjun Dev jee is the same as Guru Gobind Singh Jee. So, Guru Gobind Singh Jee says God's Name is Vaheguru and we are only to recite Vaheguru -

vwihgurU guru mMqR su jwp kr iesnwn pVHY jpu jwpu ]]

vaahiguroo gur ma(n)thr s jaap kar eisanaan parrhai jap jaap ||||

Repeat the Mantra of the Guru 'Vaheguru'. Take your bath and then read your morning prayers.

Rehatnama Bhai Nand Laal Jee

and

vwihgurU gurmMqR hY jip haumY KoeI]

vaahiguroo gurama(n)thr hai jap houmai khoee||

His Guru-mantar is Vaheguru, whose recitation erases egotism

Bhai Gurdas Jee

Gurbani says following Guru Sahib's teachings allows you to find Vaheguru and without his teachings we cannot, so the above line here states Vaheguru is the GURMANTAR, WHICH REMOVES HAUMAI. So, without the Gurmantar we cannot find Vaheguru.

and lastly -

siq nwm krqw purKu vwihgurU ivic irdY smwey]

sath naam karathaa purakh vaahiguroo vich ridhai samaaeae||

By its grace the True named creator Lord, Vaheguru, comes to reside in the heart.

Bhai Gurdas Jee Vaar

The start of Guru Granth Sahib Jee begins with Sat Nam Karta Purakh too and this above line explains what the Sat Nam of Karta Purakh is, which is Vaheguru.

So, whoever does not recite Vaheguru is not a Sikh (true devotee) of Satguru (Vaheguru/Guru Nanak/Guru Gobind Singh), which clears this up too -

ਬਿਨੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਿਨੈ ਪਾਇਓ ਕਰਿ ਵੇਖਹੁ ਮਨਿ ਵੀਚਾਰਿ

Without the True Guru, no one has found Him; reflect upon this in your mind and see.

According to you and others who claim that other religions take you directly to God, Vaheguru must have sent Guru Sahib onto earth for no reason and Guru Sahib and all his Gursikha sacrificed their lives for nothing.

I do not wish to carry on with this debate now! As long as you're amritdhari, japping Naam and following all of Guru Sahib's rehita thats fine; you can believe what you like.

Guest Wondering

WJKK WJKF

Thanku ji for ur replies all.

Somebody told me to do simran out loud so as I can hear with my own ears. But to be honest, I have tried soo much, and get very tired and exhausted saying out aloud, due to my health condition, not being able to carry on aloud. thus i resort to doing silently, which i find easier.

Will the silent japping not count towards me doing simran as much as out aloud? Also i am not amritdhari, and find it easier whilst it is playing in the background and then i can japp with it.

Is this ok?

Thanku ji...

Are you looking for an argument because you sound extremely rude! And why are you bringing other faiths into this. We're discussing SIKHI!

Also, Christians don't even do simran! :s And I guess to someone like you, breaking your amrit or converting to another faith isn't a big deal.

bhu suMnI SIA rwPzI mzhb min Bwxy] bahu su(n)nee sheea raafazee mazehab man bhaanae|| Many people are there of attractive sects of Sunnis, Sias and Rafazis. mulihd hoie munw&kw sB Brim Bulwxy] mulehidh hoe munaakaa sabh bharam bhulaanae|| Many hypocrites becoming atheists and deluded by illusions go on wandering here and there. eIsweI mUsweIAW haumY hYrwxy] eesaaee moosaaeeaaa(n) houmai hairaanae|| Followers of Jesus and Moses are also many who are confounded in their own pride. hoie iPrMgI ArmnI rUmI grbwxy] hoe fira(n)gee aramanee roomee garabaanae|| Inhabitants of the European countries are also trapped in pride. kwlI pos klµdrW drvys dugwxy] kaalee pos kala(n)dharaa(n) dharavaes dhugaanae|| Some are black clad recluses and dervishes wearing bunches of cowaries around their arms who move about here and there. guru isK rom n pujnI gur hit ivkwxy ]11] gur sikh rom n pujanee gur hatt vikaanae ||11|| They all are not equal to even a hair of those Gurskihs who have sold themselves at the hands of the Guru.(11)

WJKK WJKF

Thanku ji for ur replies all.

Somebody told me to do simran out loud so as I can hear with my own ears. But to be honest, I have tried soo much, and get very tired and exhausted saying out aloud, due to my health condition, not being able to carry on aloud. thus i resort to doing silently, which i find easier.

Will the silent japping not count towards me doing simran as much as out aloud? Also i am not amritdhari, and find it easier whilst it is playing in the background and then i can japp with it.

Is this ok?

Thanku ji...

When starting to do Vaheguru simran have it playing and sing along out loud and then slowly lower you voice until you are just doing it with your tongue. Focus on each syllable...Va-he-gu-roo. Think about it this way, when a small child is lost in a crowd and the small child is crying out for his mom...he wants his protector (mom) to come and make him feel better. We are in the same way need to understand while doing simran that we are lost and need to get home and there is a strong desire to get home quick. It is not about how long you do simran, but how much pyare you put into it. After you feel the pyare, then all your pains will go away and you will not want to stop repeating Vaheguru.

@Kaal, SIkhs have been given Gurmantar which is Vaheguru but Guru Nanak says "all the names which are in praise of you i go balhaar" (sacrifice), so what i meant by Christians doing simran is that they can chose any manter and Jaap that. As for why i made that post, was too clear-up what Gurbani says about our routine, is that we are to wake early do simran then our Bani and then Swass Swass simran all day

@Shadow my intention wasnt to be rude, just as blunt as posible so that there arnt any grey areas, I kinda feel i have to give my opinions on certain post Kaal makes as he has a different view on what Gurbani is saying to me, he is a follower of Bhai Randeer singh (nothing is wrong with that) its just that im more inclined to Believe the words off Sant Isher singh over Bhai shaib, so am just giving the original poster another view point, its sad that theres 2 or more conflicting veiws in Sikhi but hay thats where we are, and ill do my best to give the information on Sikhi which is told By Sant Jee and other Gur Mukhs i have learnt from.

Sorry if i offended as i didnt mean too