Waheguru

Guest Wondering

During their 75 years on earth Sant Isher Singh Ji strongly emphasised the importance of Khandey di pauhal , Guru Ji's prescribed Rehat , and Sri Sukhmani Sahib.

With regards to conflicting views in Gursikhi , this will take place since we all intrepret things in different ways according to our own personal understanding. The beauty of this forum is that we can exchange views and bounce ideas off each other. Sometimes we can be persuaded by other schools of thought when certain people put their case forward.

The main thing to remember is that every Gursikh interprets Gurbani/Gurmat in their own way , that is something that has to be respected first and foremost. In some cases individuals will agree to disagree , tolerance is what Guru Nanak Dev Ji gave us so lets take that on board.

Guest Wondering

WJKK WJKF

Thanku ji when i do simran i feel i do get anand from it, but then when i want to continue doing it, on regular basis, my health seems to get affected, thus i dont get to do it regularly although i try to carry on, but then the happiness and good feeling that has been built up goes away. Then i dont feel like doing it, as if im just saying the words without feeling anything, if u get what i mean.

@ Only five, thats a very good way of thinking of it, we need to beg waheguru for their love. I never thought of it like that, thanku. @mat pul rai , I understand where you are coming from, its all about having sharda and pyar for waheguru, like Kaal says, then the rewards will be seen?

ਪੰਨਾ 829, ਸਤਰ 16

ਜਪਿ ਜਪਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਰੋ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਤਨ ਤੇ ਰੋਗ ਖਏ ॥੧॥

Jap jap nām ṯumĥāro parīṯam ṯan ṯe rog kẖa▫e. ||1||

Chanting, meditating on Your Name, O my Beloved, disease is eradicated from my body. ||1||

ਮਃ 5

Khalsa Ji

Try to do Simran as much as possible. If your aim is to eradicate disease then set that as your target. Once the rass kicks in you will find yourself doing Simran automatically.

When a car has a flat battery we need to push start it. Once the battery is charged we don't need to push the car anymore , in fact the car will carry us.

In the early stages we do Simran but there comes a time when Simran is doing us.

With regards to the pronunciation I do not have sufficient knowledge to advise you on that matter so I will request others to clarify that.

MokhamSingh

I dont understand this bit, please explain it so I understand. You are right when a battery is flat it needs charging up. Thanku ji, my battery needs charging up alot. its only because of little physical strenght i am unable to concentrate on simran, but i will not give up and will carry on, it is not easy, but thanku ji for all ur support and honsla..

Very much appreciated.

During their 75 years on earth Sant Isher Singh Ji strongly emphasised the importance of Khandey di pauhal , Guru Ji's prescribed Rehat , and Sri Sukhmani Sahib.

With regards to conflicting views in Gursikhi , this will take place since we all intrepret things in different ways according to our own personal understanding. The beauty of this forum is that we can exchange views and bounce ideas off each other. Sometimes we can be persuaded by other schools of thought when certain people put their case forward.

The main thing to remember is that every Gursikh interprets Gurbani/Gurmat in their own way , that is something that has to be respected first and foremost. In some cases individuals will agree to disagree , tolerance is what Guru Nanak Dev Ji gave us so lets take that on board.

Quick question, is there 1 school of thought which is Sikhi, or is there many, and did our 10 Gurus in your opinion have differing understandings of what God sent to them, or was it the same, if its the same why do we have a differing view for Guru Shiabs Sikhi Not 1.

waheguru ji, there are different methods of doing simran....not really method....it's just a comfortable way that your mann fits itself to....

you can do it silently...and try to listen to it with your mann.....mann naal hi bolke...mann naal hi usnu feel karna....kale kale akhar nu dhyaan naal silently feel karna.........

you can do it "wahe-guru" or "wa-he-gu-ru" which ever your mann adapts to easily....it's not easy....needs practice.........try to concentrate your mann on this word only.....you can do it while lying on the bed, sitting on sofa, driving, doing anything........just feel it......take deep breaths........

saah khicheya say "wahe", chadeya say "guru" or do this in 4 parts khicheya "wa", chadeya "he", khicheya "gu" chadeya "ru".........this will calm you inside....... try for couple of minutes if it makes sense to you......

another thing Sant baba Attar Singh ji Mastuana Sahib used to do....whenever he used to walk....he would say "wahe" with one step and "guru" with the other......or you can do it in 4 parts if you want........jina slow te sehaj naal karonge, oni ikagarta te shanti vadegi....te anand te rass vi once you get used to it.....

you can listen to it and do simran with it silently if you feel easy doing that.......

here;s the link of both kinds of simran by Bhai Sewa Sigh Tarmala wale.....really nice

http://simran.info/naamsimran/waheguru.html

waheguru ji bhala karan

Guest Wondering

Thanku ji Kaal, Mokham Singh, Mat Pulo Rai, Kalyugi, Shadow, Only Five.

I will try each method and see which one i feel comfortable with. Its interesting to know there are different methods of doing it.

Please Waheguru ji bless me so as I do simran as you are happy with.

Thankuji to you all for taking the time to help this confused person with bad karms.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh ||

Here is a link to site with stories about Naam Abhiyasee Gursikhs. Very Inspirational. If ever you lose the urge or strength to recite Vaheguru read these or remember them. Also as stated before wen your mind doesnt feel like saying Vaheguru i find listening to Slow Calming Shabad Kirtan helps refocus the mind (such is the power of Our Father) If you want i could get some really nice tracks to you tomorrow. Also start reciting your fill Sri Nitnem Sahib Ji ( if you dont already do so that includes Five Morning Sri Nitnem Sahib Ji Banis Sri Rehraas Sahib Ji and Sri Sobila Sahib Ji) and with Guru Ji'S Kirpa do a Sri Sukhmani Sahib Ji The Path As well. When reciting Gurbani listen to each and every word. Try to understand and implant within your soul. Its much more Powerful that way. And remember to do Ardas as well and if possible go to the Sri Gurdwara Sahib Ji and do as much Seva and Sangat as possible. All of this will help. Not me saying this but info ive obtaine from reading about various MahaPurakhs. Last but definitely nof the least DO NOT LOSE BHAROSA. http://www.tapoban.org/forum/read.php?1,5787

Here is a link to site with stories about Naam Abhiyasee Gursikhs. Very Inspirational. If ever you lose the urge or strength to recite Vaheguru read these or remember them. Also as stated before wen your mind doesnt feel like saying Vaheguru i find listening to Slow Calming Shabad Kirtan helps refocus the mind (such is the power of Our Father) If you want i could get some really nice tracks to you tomorrow. Also start reciting your fill Sri Nitnem Sahib Ji ( if you dont already do so that includes Five Morning Sri Nitnem Sahib Ji Banis Sri Rehraas Sahib Ji and Sri Sobila Sahib Ji) and with Guru Ji'S Kirpa do a Sri Sukhmani Sahib Ji The Path As well. When reciting Gurbani listen to each and every word. Try to understand and implant within your soul. Its much more Powerful that way. And remember to do Ardas as well and if possible go to the Sri Gurdwara Sahib Ji and do as much Seva and Sangat as possible. All of this will help. Not me saying this but info ive obtaine from reading about various MahaPurakhs. Last but definitely nof the least DO NOT LOSE BHAROSA. http://www.tapoban.o...read.php?1,5787

thank you waheguru ji............this link will help many of us to keep ourselves on right track..........waheguru ji mehar banayi rakhan

I think Naam simran is a good form of meditation. It focuses your mind, and can help to relieve stress or anxiety. These can have beneficial effects on your health. Breath out when you say "Vah-Hae-Guru". Vah is highest pitch. Guru is lowest pitch. Then breath in and repeat over and over. There is no wrong way of saying the lord's name. He has many names in many languages. However, the above stated way is good to put your mind in a meditative state. You will feel your breathing get slower and more shallow. It is almost like self-hypnosis. Your body and mind will feel more relaxed afterward. I hope you are doing Naam simran in addition to medical treatment. That is also very important.