Has Anyone Ever Read "the God Delusion" By Richard Dawkins ?

I have not read Dawkin's recent books - but have read his earlier material such as Selfish Gene and the Blind Watchmaker.

He is right in what he says about Evolution and the fact that the Earth was not created through some divine act. I don't agree with him on faith though. It doesn't stop you being a good Sikh.

He is right in what he says about Evolution and the fact that the Earth was not created through some divine act. I don't agree with him on faith though. It doesn't stop you being a good Sikh.

I agree with that aspect of this theory too. But then that also contradicts what I remember reading in Gurbani about the oceans being churned like milk (or something like that) by various deities. How does a Sikh who has belief in Gurbani reconcile the two?

Ajeet nastik i Have seen some of your post on this site I have some questions for you

if you are not sure on God (not sure God exists, seeing your other post i feel you have already reached that stage) why are you on a religious website then ?

whats your purpose for spreading nastik type thoughts, books, ideas here when this is a religiious form

either you have an agenda, or you didn't find anyone else to listen to your nastik views and was lonley so you came on here

finally why do you have Singh in ur name ? Singh is only kept once one has initiation in khalsa and religion, you arn't even sure on the concept of God then why carry a religiously attributed last name which is ment to keep you distinct as well as the Sikh religion... SIngh is for those who have amrit 5 baniya da and being born in a house of sikhs dont make you a sikh and clearly you arn't even sure on God then why keep a religiously given last name Singh ?

Ajeet nastik i Have seen some of your post on this site I have some questions for you

if you are not sure on God (not sure he exists, seeing your other post i feel you have already reached that stage) why are you on a religious website then ?

whats your purpose for spreading nastik type thoughts, books, ideas here when this is a religiious form

either you have an agenda, or you didn't find anyone else to listen to your nastik views and was lonley so you came on here

finally why do you have Singh in ur name ? Singh is only kept once one has initiation in khalsa and religion, you arn't even sure on the concept of God then why carry a religiously attributed last name which is ment to keep you distinct as well as the Sikh religion... SIngh is for those who have amrit 5 baniya da and being born in a house of sikhs dont make you a sikh and clearly you arn't even sure on God then why keep a religiously given last name Singh ?

Well its called, if your strong enough in your own belief then a little abit of a debate wouldn't shake your foundations.

As for the title singh, No its not just Sikhs who use that surname, originally used by Hindu Kshatriya warriors and kings, long before the SIkh nation was born.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singh

I've heard a lot of his speeches but he has never convinced me.

I don't mean to sound rude, but you seem to look up to them like your Guru. A lot of times he’s really rude especially Christopher Hitchens, I can't believe someone would even call them their hero.

Wouldn’t you want look to up to Guru Sahib who has a higher purer consciousness with so many good qualities.

I’m not saying you can’t question yourself or have these discussions (as I have myself) but by looking at your posts, you seem to be getting too stuck into all this.

Truthfully, everything they do is all talk. They spend their lives running around but not once have they spent time inside themselves, meditating to discover God. You should feel blessed to even have this chance to practice sikhi as you possibly can. You have nothing to lose.

Sorry if I offended you :)

I've heard a lot of his speeches but he has never convinced me.

I don't mean to sound rude, but you seem to look up to them like your Guru. A lot of times he’s really rude especially Christopher Hitchens, I can't believe someone would even call them their hero.

Wouldn’t you want look to up to Guru Sahib who has a higher purer consciousness with so many good qualities.

I’m not saying you can’t question yourself or have these discussions (as I have myself) but by looking at your posts, you seem to be getting too stuck into all this.

Truthfully, everything they do is all talk. They spend their lives running around but not once have they spent time inside themselves, meditating to discover God. You should feel blessed to even have this chance to practice sikhi as you possibly can. You have nothing to lose.

Sorry if I offended you :)

I understand from which level you are saying this , since I have been there ..

but not everyone thinks like you ...

The believer has no evidence for god and nonbeliever has no evidence against god ... its just our faith