Has Anyone Ever Read "the God Delusion" By Richard Dawkins ?

But Beware everyone , The God delusion book has some nasty convincing points and some really strong arguments once you start thinking about them logically .... People almost turn naastik after reading that :biggrin2:

I agree with that aspect of this theory too. But then that also contradicts what I remember reading in Gurbani about the oceans being churned like milk (or something like that) by various deities. How does a Sikh who has belief in Gurbani reconcile the two?

You have to appreciate that at the time, the Gurbani and other religious scriptures were compiled, spiritual leaders felt an obligation to explain many thanks that - in reality - they could not explain, because Science was not yet advanced enough. For example, the old testament's explanation of how God created the Earth in 7 days.

Similarly, use the Gurbani as a spiritual guide in your life but not as a source of explanation for matters that require scientific analysis.

I agree with that aspect of this theory too. But then that also contradicts what I remember reading in Gurbani about the oceans being churned like milk (or something like that) by various deities. How does a Sikh who has belief in Gurbani reconcile the two?

Can you post that shabad?

But Beware everyone , The God delusion book has some nasty convincing points and some really strong arguments once you start thinking about them logically .... People almost turn naastik after reading that

Not even Richard himself is even sure about the existence of God. He has said in his book that out of 7 he’s 6.9 sure that God doesn’t exist. Hasn't he? Honestly, you probably just want to keep sticking to your views because you think it makes you feel special or you see it as a badge of honour. But truthfully in sikhi, we’re either a winner or loser in the game of love with God.

No one here is forcing you to believe in God. Its better you’re more open about your views but it looks like you’re just here to have a laugh. Sikhi has given a method to find God, that’s supposed to be the game of this life. It wouldn’t be a game if all the answers were there in your face. I’ve said so many times why don’t you try meditating, but it looks like you keep skipping that question. Are you afraid of the truth? Or are you too lazy?

Anyway, I thought you might want to read this: http://www.bsrstrust.org/meeting-with-bhagat-singh-release-from-jail/ Its a meeting with Bhagat Singh and Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh when Bhagat Singh was an atheist.

Can you post that shabad?

If only! I think it's in JapJi Sahib but I'm not 100% sure. Although I do remember reading about the ocean being churned and the world being on a turtle's back. Is this ringing a bell in anyone's mind? I hope I've not confused another faith's mythology with our own.

I'm checking the online English version of SGGS Ji as we speak. I'll get back to you in a bit.

Not even Richard himself is even sure about the existence of God. He has said in his book that out of 7 he’s 6.9 sure that God doesn’t exist. Hasn't he?

Richard has said he doesn't believe in God, as there's no proof in favour to date, he says its like saying just because you cant disprove God doesnt mean its True, same as you cant disprove Thor or Zeus or the Spaghetti monster.

Richard has said he doesn't believe in God, as there's no proof in favour to date, he says its like saying just because you cant disprove God doesnt mean its True, same as you cant disprove Thor or Zeus or the Spaghetti monster.

Richard has recently said in a debate that he's an agnostic.

Just out of curiosity, do you believe in God because you’re not giving any answers to Ajeet?

Richard has recently said in a debate that he's an agnostic.

Just out of curiosity, do you believe in God because you’re not giving any answers to Ajeet?

Ajeet? I dont think he asked whether i believe or not, but for these kinda of debates on whether God is true or not is exactly what Guru shaibs did when he came to earth interms of qulling the miths Hindus held also Muslim though according to Guru Nanak they were half way there in believing in 1 God, its just that we Sikhs are to humble or scared off opening the book of whether what we believe is true or not, due to the fact once its open, it may not be reconcilable.

Far as my Belief im 100% sure of a there's a being that created him self. But I have tangible proof.

Ajeet? I dont think he asked whether i believe or not, but for these kinda of debates on whether God is true or not is exactly what Guru shaibs did when he came to earth interms of qulling the miths Hindus held also Muslim though according to Guru Nanak they were half way there in believing in 1 God, its just that we Sikhs are to humble or scared off opening the book of whether what we believe is true or not, due to the fact once its open, it may not be reconcilable.

Far as my Belief im 100% sure of a there's a being that created him self. But I have tangible proof.

Why don't you give proof because you were demanding everyone else to prove it.