Belive In Babe

khalsa88

My knowledge is quite weak on deep spiritual matters Paji but as far as I understand Guru in its simple meaning of teacher (as opposed to ultimate Guru, VaheGuru ParmAatmaa) is something all humans have an individual right to respect however they feel is a Guru to them. However "sab Sikhan ko hukam Guru maneyo Granth" was the blessing given to us as Sikhs by Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj direct (as opposed to being stated in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj) and hence why we Sikhs do not need any living person in 2012 to be a Guru to us as Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is our Maharaj

Rabh Rakha

Guru bani says those who have seen God and can hear God (unhadh Shabad) we should kiss there feet as they are the most beloved Sikhs of the Guru.

ko aan milaavai aj mai pir mael milaaveae |

If only someone would come today and unite me in Union with my Beloved.

ho jeeo karee this vitto cho khanneeai jo mai piree dhikhaaveae |

I would cut my living body into four pieces for anyone who shows me my Beloved.

Guru Raam Das

jinee maeraa piaaraa raaviaa thin peeshai laag firaao |

I follow in the footsteps of those who enjoy the Love of my Beloved.

kar minnath kar jodharree mai prabh milanai kaa chaao |1|

I beg of them, I implore them; I have such a yearning to meet God! ||1||

This is a touchy subject as there have been many fake Sants, Sadhs, but if you do happen to find one True Gur Mukh this is what Guru Shiab say he offers them.

Now thats said how do you know how to judge whether that person is who he/she says they are I.e hear/See Vaheguru, simple before you believe them ask for them to allow you to hear Unhadh Shabad or if this is to much for you to do, then stay in there sangat and follow what they preach and through there teachings you should be to practically get to the same level they are on. This is how to do Parkh (Test) of anyone claiming to be a Sant or Sadh, and if they say there SAT GURU... them bring to them a dead animal or fly and ask them to bring it back to life, as only sat guru can bring life back in to the Dead.

sathigur maeraa maar jeevaalai |

My True Guru kills and revives.

To tell you the truth Mat Pulo Rai ji, even though i think fair enough let's be open-minded if other folks have living Guru's ... personally i genuinely believe that the overwhelming majority of these sants, sadhu's and baba's are just out and out frauds. However, conflict with folks who have a living Guru that leads to violence is simply not worth the price. What happened at Vienna is proof of that ... even though I have my own theory on that ... that renegade Congress operatives from UP committed that outrage in order to defame Sikhi + split off Ravidassia's as a separate dharm ... whilst milking the Punjabi Ravidassia pilgrims annually as they start to visit the UP Mandir in Begumpura instead of their local Gurdwara. One such Baba, who i feel is an honest man is Hardev Singh of the Nirankari's. He doesn't style himself as a living Guru, he seems humble and from what I've heard of the man he doesn't have an anti-Sikh message like Ram Rahim. It's true that his father was a pimp dog for Indira ... but I believe that Hardev's Singh Nirankari mission as they exist today doesn't perhaps deserve as much hatred as the Nirankari Baba of 1978 clearly deserved. I think we need to build bridges with those who are not orthodox in their practice ... provided the have the same wider aims of social justice and human equality as Sikhi in practice (as opposed to working as outright pimps for Congress or killing innocent unarmed Sikhs like Ashutosh or Ram Rahim)