Sangat Jiyo It's Been Brilliant Conversing With You All

SikhSangat Forum memebers, it's been absolutely brilliant bouncing ideas and learning from people on this site the last few days. However, my short term flexi-job that enabled me to contribute as frequently this short while has now come to an end ... so I won't really have time to get invloved actively on here again any time soon I don't think ... so just wanted to wish everyone all the best, particularly the posters whose thoughts and dedication to Sikhi has been really inspiring to me.

It's unfortunate that as decent as the Sangat on here are, bhangra stations can do more damage to our community than thousands of dedicated Sikhs on a discussion forum due to the greater reach a bhangra channel has. So please all UK-wale let's jointly target Davinder Bal (respectfully) on that front to ensure that our hope of one United Gurdwara can slowly edge towards becoming reality due to youth pressure. N30+Canayda/Amreeka wale you know who to target (+mentor) over there.

Like Professor Harinder Singh of www.sikhri.com says ... everyone of us (on this forum) brings something to to the table in terms of the practical real life skill sets + actions that we can do to push Sikhi forward as a positive force that the world desperately needs and what we can manage to do as individuals in terms of seva (for all - regardless of their faith) ... you don't have to be an intellectual or a doctor or a rocket-scientist ... even if you just work honestly and give dasvandh to something that benefits our fellow human beings (rather than anything divisive) then it's all good but united, co-ordinated Sangat action is the key.

Rabh Rabkha to everyone :-)

Singh Ji, I am nobody's mentor. I am just a mere "router" who routes information from various bhramgyani mahapursh (diamonds of panth) and translates their parchar into english with toti foti english and push it to the sangat with original source.

I think most of us on here and other forums including sevadars already know their aim in sikhi is to become one with vahiguroo ji by doing naam abhyaas, there will be time in one's life when they realize anything which avoid's one from sitting in samadhi/doing naam abhyaas is an hindrance..they will have to reconsider going on internet let alone all the forums on internet...it will come in different stages for different people.

You made a good decision today to pull a plug off from cyber world(hopefully one day i can do that permanently)...but keep capitalizing on that, hopefully one day one will realize everything is mithiya and whole world is illusion, only thing will go with us is our naam abhyaas and seva which have purified our subconsciousness(antish karan).

You may even come back online, but just remember regardless of your reasoning to come back, ultimately everyone (jaigaso/student on the path) will have to realize anything which stops one from doing naam abhyaas and remember vahiguroo at all times is a hindrance and its better to pull plug off any hindrance during our atma journey to merge back to paratma.

stay in chardi-kalah veer :)

"You may even come back online, but just remember regardless of your reasoning to come back, ultimately everyone (jaigaso/student on the path) will have to realize anything which stops one from doing naam abhyaas and remember vahiguroo at all times is a hindrance and its better to pull plug off any hindrance during our atma journey to merge back to paratma."

Great advice and such a high ideal. Maya is basically anything that causes us to forget God. To remember God (yaad karna) is hukam of Guru Sahib. How to remember God - Naam Simran.

Avoiding Maya, those things that cause us to forget God, is extremely hard. However it is imperative that we make an effort to remember God as much as we can, we can do this by getting baptized - amrit chakk, keeping Rehit, reading Gurbani, singing the praises of God - kirtan and doing simran (repitition/meditiation) of Naam (naam is obtained from Panj Pyare during Amrit Sanchar - Sikh Baptism). Writing and talking is easy but Sikhi is about action. The more one engages in meditation, the closer one gets to God and that person becomes a better Gursikh.

Rabb Rakhe