Seva84 : For The Victims Of The 84 Genocide And Their Families

logo4.png

Guru Pyare Sadh Sangat Ji,

Vaheguru Ji ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

It is with great bliss and the upar kirpa of Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj that we can confirm www.seva84.com is up and running. Seva84 is a charitable organisation th...at aims to put an end to the severe poverty that is continuing to allow drug addiction, prostitution etc to prosper in the widow colonies in and around Delhi.

We have come across cases where illnesses are so severe that residents are unable to leave their homes (which often consists of one bedroom shared by an entire family). Seva84 aims to ensure all survivors of the November 1984 genocide and their families have the healthcare they need and a good education that provides the scope needed to escape poverty and all the draining extras that come with it. Our sangat in these colonies have been repeatedly let down by many – together we can show them that the international sangat does care.

Bhog of akhand path sahib was performed on 23/12/11 at Gurdwara Shaheed Ganj Sahib - Tilak Vihar (the main widow colony). The Akhand Path Sahib was for a better standard of living within the colonies and for ekta and chardi kala of the sikh panth. We humbly request for sangats donations, if this is not possible then please support us with aardas and by promoting seva84 to friends and family encouraging them to do the same. Working together we can bring success stories out of the colonies.

We welcome any contributions and suggestions.

Seva84 belongs to the panth, and is for the benefit of the survivors of the November 84 genocide and their families.

for updates join us on facebook (by clicking like) www.facebook.com/seva1984

suscribe to us on youtube www.youtube.com/seva84online

to donate: www.seva84.com/donate

more videos coming soon.

Thanks for your reply singh135

Bhai Magroo Singh Ji was burnt alive and left for dead. He tells how Delhi government officials profited from the 1984 genocide against the Sikhs. He explains the struggle Sikhs faced for compensation and finishes by showing the sangat some of his deep 28 year old burn marks. Since recording this, we have found out Bhai Magroo Singh Ji suffered a fall and injured his arm badly. His arm was already not functioning properly because of internal damage caused during November 1984. Now he is even more limited to the amount of work he can do which will evidently affect his household income. In addition to this he sufferes from kidney stones. In part 2 we visit the colony in which Bhai Magroo Singh Ji lives. Recorded Feb 2012.

Many survivors of the 1984 Genocide are living in slums, they have either extremely poor or no education; Again, the local gurdwara does not serve guru ka lanagr (free community meals) regularly. We unexpectedly turned up at the door of Magroo Singh. Magroo Singh does not have a phone as he can not afford to maintain one. The stench is so foul I vomited on arrival. The house has only 2 rooms and no toilet. There is a government toilet in the colony which they need to pay to use. This toilet is not kept clean, and often the residents are reduced to relieving themselves around their properties. They have no job opportunities and live in cramped conditions. They do not have washing facilities in their homes , i enquired how they wash themselves and the conversation went dead. I was then informed not to ask such questions as it is degrading. We found out (from local neighbours) that Bhai Magroo Singh Ji's family are in debt of 50,000rs. This loan was taken out (and secured) against their property and was for the marriage of their uneducated son Daleep Singh. When asked about this, Magroo Singh replied "I did not tell you because I do not beg for money. I do not expect money nor do I ask for it".... Meet Daleep Singh, Magroo's son in part 3. Please support the victims of genocide by donating to seva84. Recorded April 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv_mGtRSKYs&feature=relmfu

www.seva84.com/donate to support survivors of the 84 genocide with family hardships, healthcare, education and sikhi

www.facebook.com/seva1984 Join us on facebook to receive more updates

• 2 weeks later...

this is indeed shocking - makes u wonder where have those funds and monies gone that were asked for by our current jathebandees for the last 20-25 years and people over seas have give those funds - where are they now- this where those funds should've gone and they didn't - this is very very appalling. I will contribute to seva84 - as well but the vital question mark remains over our leaders of all jathebandess.

The videos shown on the Sikh Channel really brought home how badly we have let down the victims of 1984. Yes you see Sants sending supplies to various states around India, but they have failed their own. The huge funds held by the SGPC and Delhi Gurdwaras could be used here. How many business men and army types live near the masscres sites of Delhi, but nothing has been done for their fellow Sikhs. What is shocking is that no Indian organisation has come to help, so much for a secular state.

logo4.png

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to Seva84 and shown support. Thank you also for your feedback on our Sikh Channel show.

Meet the son of Bhai Magroo Singh (see videos part 1 and part 2 on this page), a victim of the 1984 genocide who is literally living around harmful sewage along with his family and other residents. Unfortunately the stench was so foul I vom...ited on arrival. I felt a deep sadness at that moment as this happened as his family came out to warmly greet us. On entering their home, I soon realised they only had 2 small rooms for 8 persons and no toilet or washing facilities (as seen in Pt 2). There is a disgusting communal toilet which they have to pay to use and is used by a number of families in the colony. To top it all off, he is not educated and the families are in debt.... because of the horrors of 1984, newer generations are destined to continue life under these conditions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Keo5T_-OdUs

Meet Bibi Thakuri Kaur Ji, a survivor of the November 84 Genocide. Bibi Ji lives in the top floor of the colony and has a daughter who is disabled. Until now, Bibi Ji refused to accept any (pyaar) money or offerings of help. She considers us (volunteers of seva84) as family because since the genocide no person (from any charity, Sikh organisation or even her own family) has ever visited her. It's extremely rare for her daughter to leave the home as they do not have any facilities to cater for disabilities in the colonies. We spent a lengthy amount of time trying to convince Bibi Ji that her daughter has a human right to go outside, and that we would do our best to facilitate this. Bibi Ji refused, because the last time she attempted to take their daughter out, she suffered a fall and broke her arm. A week ago, Bibi Ji got in contact with us and accepted our offer to buy her daughter a wheelchair.... Vaheguru.... We (seva84) are privileged that we are able to do this seva. Soon Sunita will be able to go outside regularly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXEL-nWfHzM

for updates join us on facebook (by clicking like) www.facebook.com/seva1984

suscribe to us on youtube www.youtube.com/seva84online

to donate: www.seva84.com/donate